Login

russian armor

Possible commander revamp candidates

4 Aug 2019, 17:20 PM

I think it should be 10 muni 5 sec sprint like for Ostheer, not 15 muni 10 sec sprint with debuff.

+1

then maybe fuse fire up and rifle flare together and add cavalry riflemen. Then the doc would be perfect imo

Replacing RE flamer with RE rifle grenades and rifle molotovs too OP then maybe?
4 Aug 2019, 18:04 PM

I think it should be 10 muni 5 sec sprint like for Ostheer, not 15 muni 10 sec sprint with debuff.

Only issue I could see with cheap rifle sprint would be the pineapples. Granted pgrens get bundled nades so....

Also since we are talking about the discrepancies in sprint type abilities--oorah is 20mu right now- I know it doesn't have a debuff like fired up but when compared to Ost sprint......
4 Aug 2019, 20:39 PM

+1

then maybe fuse fire up and rifle flare together and add cavalry riflemen. Then the doc would be perfect imo

Replacing RE flamer with RE rifle grenades and rifle molotovs too OP then maybe?

I don't think it would be OP. The company would be focused around rifleman after all and commanders with lots of early abilities have a worse late game.

On sidenote. I think a ranger carbine upgrade could be good for the rifle doctrine.

Replaces 5 M1 Garands with 5 Ranger M1 Carbines for 60 muni. Locks out weapon rack upgrades.

This upgrade would give Rifleman a dps boost at all ranges while keeping the their inherent weaknesses. Its also different then even more commanders with 1919's.
4 Aug 2019, 21:09 PM

Why would you not use Elites that cost no munitions and spawn with M1 Carbines then?
4 Aug 2019, 21:20 PM

Why would you not use Elites that cost no munitions and spawn with M1 Carbines then?

Because Ranger and Paratrooper cost way more to buy and reinfore and use way more popcap.
4 Aug 2019, 21:40 PM

Rifle Company shouldn't get callin infantry. Its a doctrine about RIFLEMEN after all.

Give it Riflemen field defenses, reduce the flare and fire up prices by 5 munitions each and call it a day. Literally just making the abilities cheaper would fix this commander. The debuff on Fire Up is so fucking bad theres no way it should be 15 munitions, and the rifleman flares should be priced equally to the panzerfusilier ones.

If someone seriously implements actually removing or replacing these abilities with more non-riflemen garbage ill be bloody pissed. Doesn't need elite infantry or more tanks or whatnot. Even carbine upgrade sounds iffy. I wouldnt mine replacing the RE flamethrower with Riflemen molotovs though; right now Urban Assault Company is a far better boost to RM effectiveness than so-called "Rifle Company". Ditch the RE rifle nades though.
4 Aug 2019, 21:55 PM

What about Cavalry Riflemen?
4 Aug 2019, 22:21 PM

Could it be an option to create a commander ability that allows Rifles free / or cheaper access to BAR and / or Grenade upgrades?

4 Aug 2019, 22:49 PM

What about Cavalry Riflemen?

Should stay Mechanized only IMO.
5 Aug 2019, 02:12 AM

But I want to use them in an actually good Commander.
5 Aug 2019, 03:10 AM

But I want to use them in an actually good Commander.

I dunno, I think Mechanized is probably one of the best 1v1 commanders USF has. It probably sucks ass in team games since there's no artillery or heavy tank but I wouldn't say its the worst.

Biggest problem with Mechanized is Combined Arms seems very difficult to use properly and get its munition's worth out of. Dozer Sherman is good, WC51 is great, 76mm Sherman is decentish.
5 Aug 2019, 05:34 AM

Fuck advanced emplacements lol. I'd much rather see a complete redo of the commander with a totally different concept.
5 Aug 2019, 07:08 AM

Fuck advanced emplacements lol. I'd much rather see a complete redo of the commander with a totally different concept.

Let the rework start with the theme of the doctrine:) I would certainly support it. I really think some of the problematic commanders suffer from their name / theme. "Firestorm" is a good example, it totally narrows the theme, would be much better to rename it "Urban Assault"- that would open so many options for the mod team.
5 Aug 2019, 17:47 PM

I'm always looking for an excuse to post my Defensive Tactics rework-
2 HM-38
2 M-42
3 Defensive Construction (PMD-6, Tank Traps, DShK Bunker)
5 Conscript Repair
12 Anti-Tank Overwatch Artillery
5 Aug 2019, 19:20 PM

All I need to see is a rework of the hull down ability.

Make it that the tanks can hulldown themselves and immediately move out of it with a right click. (I have used it so little I dont even know whether they already can move out of it but I remember an annoying delay).
5 Aug 2019, 22:09 PM

Rifle Company shouldn't get callin infantry. Its a doctrine about RIFLEMEN after all.

Give it Riflemen field defenses, reduce the flare and fire up prices by 5 munitions each and call it a day. Literally just making the abilities cheaper would fix this commander. The debuff on Fire Up is so fucking bad theres no way it should be 15 munitions, and the rifleman flares should be priced equally to the panzerfusilier ones.

If someone seriously implements actually removing or replacing these abilities with more non-riflemen garbage ill be bloody pissed. Doesn't need elite infantry or more tanks or whatnot. Even carbine upgrade sounds iffy. I wouldnt mine replacing the RE flamethrower with Riflemen molotovs though; right now Urban Assault Company is a far better boost to RM effectiveness than so-called "Rifle Company". Ditch the RE rifle nades though.

While giving it Riflemen field defenses, but lay the mines down in a reasonable period of time. They're so slow that they're almost worthless. Let the riflemen build tank traps also.

Fire up shouldn't have a debuff. None of the axis one's do, IIRC.

The only other thing I would add is an off-map arty that is the same as the old Mechanized one. This would help them greatly in larger team games while keeping the actual theme about rifles. Maybe make this call-in tied to the rifles, similar to Pathfinder arty.

One other possible upgrade would be to give it the option of the equivalent of the G43 upgrade, maybe even with aimed shot that could snipe one model - even if the aimed shot ability cost muni's.

5 Aug 2019, 22:15 PM

Make it that the tanks can hulldown themselves and immediately move out of it with a right click. (I have used it so little I dont even know whether they already can move out of it but I remember an annoying delay).

It would be better if they made it more accurate, so instead of a inane range buff, reduce the target size which was the actual effect of hull down. If you made the target size 1/3 of normal, it would make it more interesting. Also, vehicles like Stug's and Brummbar's shouldn't be able to go hull down, or have a much lower target size reduction, as the main weapon is in the hull.
5 Aug 2019, 22:46 PM

Agreed, I've been thinking about this recently actually.

I think giving it to the Soviets in their Defensive tactics and the British in some form as well would be nice and make sense, Soviets did dig their tanks in at Kursk, not so sure about the Brits but it fits their defensive theme well.

Edit: Also maybe to the OKW? They have the animations for it, I think they can be added to the Brits and Soviet vehicles as well but I'm not so sure, but the animations are definitely there for the OKW.
5 Aug 2019, 22:55 PM

I dunno, I think Mechanized is probably one of the best 1v1 commanders USF has. It probably sucks ass in team games since there's no artillery or heavy tank but I wouldn't say its the worst.

Biggest problem with Mechanized is Combined Arms seems very difficult to use properly and get its munition's worth out of. Dozer Sherman is good, WC51 is great, 76mm Sherman is decentish.

Rifle Company is the worst in team Games :snfCHVGame:

Mechanized would be fine if the shermans could call down arty like the WC51 similar to Elite armor's Panzer Commander...or actually exactly the same as that one, it would be good. I Do agree cav rifles should stay there, but mabye a 2 thompson upgrade on rifle company may be okay though.

I think some type of different weapon upgrade is the most important component of a Rifle company revamp. People may not want lmgs or bars for the 400th game in a row.
5 Aug 2019, 23:10 PM

Just my opinion, people love Infantry Company and this is probably the simplest thing that could improve the commander.

Ignore the bad edits, I was too lazy to make a proper looking modification.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment