Login

russian armor

Anybody playing Luftwaffe Ground Forces?

2 Aug 2019, 08:07 AM

I've been thinking about switching up my OKW commander lineup and I realized that not only have I not used this doctrine in awhile but I haven't really seen anybody in teamgames use it either. However it's peaked my interest because I wanted to pick a more aggressive commander and the Luftwaffe Ground Forces seems like a good option.

Has anybody been having success with this one lately, and how do you think it compares to other OKW choices?
2 Aug 2019, 08:38 AM

I've been thinking about switching up my OKW commander lineup and I realized that not only have I not used this doctrine in awhile but I haven't really seen anybody in teamgames use it either. However it's peaked my interest because I wanted to pick a more aggressive commander and the Luftwaffe Ground Forces seems like a good option.

Has anybody been having success with this one lately, and how do you think it compares to other OKW choices?

Luftwaffe Ground Forces is barely used in 2vs2 or other higher game modes (But i saw Aerafield use it in 3vs3 with great effect). Right now its more a 1vs1 doctrine and it surely have some strongpoints like stuka smoke drop, valiant assault and the airattack.

Nevertheless it still has some real flaws:
  • Falls should be the filet of the doctrine but are just bad / inefficient compared to US airborne, shocktrops etc. I really hope the unit get the deserved buff in the next balance patch.
  • Heavy fortification is fine for "fortress doctrine" but i dont like the commander slot for LGF.
    I would like to replace it with the OSTWIND - the unit fits perfectly to the theme of the doctrine.
  • Airborne assault comes very late. The ability is basically an infantry pin and the same ability can be used at 6CP with Wehrnmacht's Assault support doctrine. Yes, the additional AT strafe is nice but the ability is not strong enough to be comparable to other air attacks which are available at CP12.
    - Options: Airborne attack should work like the Sturmovik attack including the additional AT strafe - then it can stay at CP12.

2 Aug 2019, 09:01 AM

It's weird that Falls aren't better than they are, being equipped with 4 FG-42's (the German equivalent of the BAR).

I totally agree that the Ostwind would be a better item for this commander; it doesn't really fit the theme in Scavenge.
2 Aug 2019, 09:02 AM

Fall can be make 5 man and drop with k98, received FG42 by upgrade.
2 Aug 2019, 11:18 AM

Just registered for this post. Finally someone realized that Falls are overpriced glass cannons. Heck they even lose 2 models while fighting with cons and they have absolutely no chance to fight penals or shocks if opponent is microing a little bit to avoid the grenade.

Make them 5 man dropping with MP-40s (later upgraded with FG42)
Increase the cost back to 400
Remove the panzerfaust to prevent Falls blobs being immune to tanks.
Remove the blendkörper give it a potato masher smoke
2 Aug 2019, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 11:18 AMJilet
Just registered for this post. Finally someone realized that Falls are overpriced glass cannons. Heck they even lose 2 models while fighting with cons and they have absolutely no chance to fight penals or shocks if opponent is microing a little bit to avoid the grenade.

Make them 5 man dropping with MP-40s (later upgraded with FG42)
Increase the cost back to 400
Remove the panzerfaust to prevent Falls blobs being immune to tanks.
Remove the blendkörper give it a potato masher smoke

1.:welcome:
2. Mod team (at least Sander93) is aware of the Falls problematic situation, lets hope they buff them in the next balance patch.
3. Your idea of 5 a men squad arriving with MP40 is close to the first relic design of the unit. Wehrmacht have a own Falls unit starting exactly as you mentioned, you can upgrade the unit with 2 FJG's or 1 MG43.
2 Aug 2019, 14:23 PM

1.:welcome:
2. Mod team (at least Sander93) is aware of the Falls problematic situation, lets hope they buff them in the next balance patch.
3. Your idea of 5 a men squad arriving with MP40 is close to the first relic design of the unit. Wehrmacht have a own Falls unit starting exactly as you mentioned, you can upgrade the unit with 2 FJG's or 1 MG43.

Well thanks for the warm welcome :)

I think their greatest problem is their RA. Maybe giving them a RA buff rather than a 5 man squad can solve it.
And Wehr falls would be interesting since Wehr really lacks the "elite" infantry for close-mid range combat (IMO)
3 Aug 2019, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 14:23 PMJilet

I think their greatest problem is their RA. Maybe giving them a RA buff rather than a 5 man squad can solve it.
And Wehr falls would be interesting since Wehr really lacks the "elite" infantry for close-mid range combat (IMO)

because pzgrenadiers and stromtrooper with mp40s is not enough for close-mid range combat right?

but i do agree with RA buffs..
3 Aug 2019, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 14:23 PMJilet

Wait but that's literally pgrens.
3 Aug 2019, 19:20 PM

Answer is yes, but its probably one of the 4 least popular commanders.

If it had 5 man falls and an ostwind it would likely be quite popular
3 Aug 2019, 19:21 PM

Wher lacks a durable squad, not a close range or a long range squad.
3 Aug 2019, 19:25 PM

Last time I played Fallschirmjäger the squad died while airdropping into a single tree.

That "feature" needs to be fixed for any airborne unit. It sucks.

Other than that Falls are redundant and fill no real role. They can seomewhat stand up against Bars and Bren blobs... however not for cost. I see nothing they can do better than Obers. And I don't consider a Faust canging their role.
3 Aug 2019, 19:46 PM

Last time I played Fallschirmjäger the squad died while airdropping into a single tree.

Other than that Falls are redundant and fill no real role. They can seomewhat stand up against Bars and Bren blobs... however not for cost. I see nothing they can do better than Obers. And I don't consider a Faust canging their role.

They bring camo and neato rifle sound effects :thumbsup:
3 Aug 2019, 20:42 PM

Wait but that's literally pgrens.

Well if we look that way shock troops are beefed pgrens then :D
3 Aug 2019, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2019, 15:04 PMruzara

because pzgrenadiers and stromtrooper with mp40s is not enough for close-mid range combat right?

but i do agree with RA buffs..

Pgrens do not excel at mid like falls imo and storms are only good when they ambush like commandos. They are absolutely terrible at assaulting since the changes and perform excellently at long range with x3 G43s (So no point in going any other doctrine than elite troops for storms).
3 Aug 2019, 21:07 PM

I love that doctrine. Valiant assault is amazing, stuka assault is good if you know how the ability works exactly, you got a fast smoke drop recon plane which is always useful, and sometimes even the sturmpio fortifications are somewhat useful (fast flak emplacement is niche but can sometimes work, trench for raketenwerfer in lategame to prevent it from getting stolen etc)

The only truly underwhelming ability is the fallschirmjagers but they are not completely horrible.
3 Aug 2019, 22:00 PM

I do like the idea of replacing Heavy Fortifications with the Ostwind to spice up the doctrine, although changes to Falls might be enough.
4 Aug 2019, 06:22 AM

I had an airborne squad die on landing in a road somehow. I was a litle mad.
4 Aug 2019, 17:11 PM

no need to change

Luftwaffe Ground Forces is already fine commander

just other commanders are more powerful and easy to win

ex)special Ops, overwatch, scavange
4 Aug 2019, 23:32 PM

no need to change

Luftwaffe Ground Forces is already fine commander

just other commanders are more powerful and easy to win

ex)special Ops, overwatch, scavange

Falls are shit, that's the problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest