Login

russian armor

How come Axis infantry get all the snares?

20 Jul 2019, 13:06 PM

Now because of the satchel you cant push them. Before even a 222 pushed them around. The ptrs was a downgrade before the atsatchel was added. It has a very short range for that reason. It can as you said be used to finish of or severly cripple already snared armour.

Not only cant you push them but also you can't close on them which means you will need more time to inflict dmg.
20 Jul 2019, 13:49 PM

True. However, when a vehicle does get snared it is a perfectly valid option to finish it off with a satchel/satchels. Happens on high level play too. Also satchels and snares on an at weapon holding squads eliminate certain possiblities of engaging them.

Oh, satchels are hardly useless. As snares though, the threat is the ease of applying them. Satchels hit hard but are much more difficult to proc than normal 10 range snares.
20 Jul 2019, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2019, 06:51 AMNoinga
Well if you upgrade the G43 you can still get 1 Panzershreck and keep the snare

That was just a bug and it has already been fixed.
20 Jul 2019, 14:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Couldn't agree more. Panzergrens are still very delicate. You invest a lot of manpower plus 100 munitions and they can be too easily wiped. A risky unit. What's more they completely, one may say, lose their anty inf capabilities when upgraded with shrecks. So they become sort of expensive support unit. But to the point: allied ikfantry anti tank options are more varied than those of axis.

That's also why I did not buy them. But I have not played OST very much since the patch, so maybe they're better now? I just feel that in most cases I'm better off with a PaK that costs the same MP, saves mun and has better AT although at the cost of mobility.
Well, the infantry based AT for USF and UKF is better in my opinion since they can put it on cheap engineer squads. Easier to reinforce and it actually buffs their combat value quite a lot.
Axis only have Panzerfüsiliere as a comparable unit. They're great with Panzerschrecks, but doctrinal. Sturmpios are also too expensive for AT in my eyes.
20 Jul 2019, 17:04 PM

That's also why I did not buy them. But I have not played OST very much since the patch, so maybe they're better now? I just feel that in most cases I'm better off with a PaK that costs the same MP, saves mun and has better AT although at the cost of mobility.
Well, the infantry based AT for USF and UKF is better in my opinion since they can put it on cheap engineer squads. Easier to reinforce and it actually buffs their combat value quite a lot.
Axis only have Panzerfüsiliere as a comparable unit. They're great with Panzerschrecks, but doctrinal. Sturmpios are also too expensive for AT in my eyes.

Agreed 100%
20 Jul 2019, 17:06 PM

Not only cant you push them but also you can't close on them which means you will need more time to inflict dmg.

Penals need time to do damage with the ptrs as well. Its not instant alpha damage afteral.
Meaning they will take more fire in the process.
Again without the satchel they are the easiest to push around.
20 Jul 2019, 18:01 PM

Penals need time to do damage with the ptrs as well. Its not instant alpha damage afteral.
Meaning they will take more fire in the process.
Again without the satchel they are the easiest to push around.

It'a all true. :) My feeling is still that ost should get satchels with the advent of really heavy allied tanks so the game is even more balanced.
20 Jul 2019, 18:12 PM

It'a all true. :) My feeling is still that ost should get satchels with the advent of really heavy allied tanks so the game is even more balanced.

Allies can get snare with hand held at. Wich is overall less effective but more flexibel as a counter messure. :)

Ost has far more effective hand held at. But only available on 1 unit. And their dedicated at units the pak and stug have a snare. They have the strongest at mine. :)

Okw is the only faction with t0 at gun. And have non doc cloaking on their at units. And can move at better speeds while cloaked with vet.

Further more, ost had the ostwind buffed the pgrenz where buffed. Booating their ai and light at. :)
Pgrens dont need and do not deserve another buff.

With al due respect. To me this seems like the gras is greener on the other side of the fence situation.
20 Jul 2019, 19:55 PM

Allies can get snare with hand held at. Wich is overall less effective but more flexibel as a counter messure. :)

Ost has far more effective hand held at. But only available on 1 unit. And their dedicated at units the pak and stug have a snare. They have the strongest at mine. :)

Okw is the only faction with t0 at gun. And have non doc cloaking on their at units. And can move at better speeds while cloaked with vet.

Further more, ost had the ostwind buffed the pgrenz where buffed. Booating their ai and light at. :)
Pgrens dont need and do not deserve another buff.

With al due respect. To me this seems like the gras is greener on the other side of the fence situation.

Well, I play all factions and have best stats as USF. I'm not ost fanboy by any means. I have a feeling that ost is underpowered. It was designed as a faction that was supposed to be on the defensive at the beginning of the game. Later it was supposed to make a comeback with heavy tanks. Allied players, in posts similar to this one, demanded stronger and more versatile unjts. And they were largely successful. Ost got neglected, unlike OKW, and imho is underperforming. Of course best players can make it work but it is so much less forgiving and you really have to be on your toes all the time. Snares are a good example here. Allied players, I assume, not playing ost keep asking for more snares even though they have more of them on more survivable units. The author of this post apparently forgot that they can equip at weapons on various squads. It's just incredible.
20 Jul 2019, 22:16 PM

Well, I play all factions and have best stats as USF. I'm not ost fanboy by any means. I have a feeling that ost is underpowered. It was designed as a faction that was supposed to be on the defensive at the beginning of the game. Later it was supposed to make a comeback with heavy tanks. Allied players, in posts similar to this one, demanded stronger and more versatile unjts. And they were largely successful. Ost got neglected, unlike OKW, and imho is underperforming. Of course best players can make it work but it is so much less forgiving and you really have to be on your toes all the time. Snares are a good example here. Allied players, I assume, not playing ost keep asking for more snares even though they have more of them on more survivable units. The author of this post apparently forgot that they can equip at weapons on various squads. It's just incredible.

The demanding buffs and nerfs has gone both ways throughout the games live span. Its not really and axis or allies exclusive thing.

But allies did struggle late game far more then axis struggled early game for a long time imo. Versatility and utillity dont mean anything if you cant take or deal (enough) damage.
I really disliked beat axis before x minute or auto loose fase of the game. Esp when okw was released.

Imo ost is not struggeling atm. The doctrines and buffs did their job.

To my knowlidge allies dont have more snares. They are implemented diferently across the factions.

Ow with the grass is greener comment i also meant the author of this post. :)
20 Jul 2019, 23:13 PM

Ost has the capability to deal 240 damage in an instant (with 100% pen chance on all non doc no hammer/anvil allied tanks) whereas the PTRS has max damage of 40 and a realistic damage of 17 I think (or is it 20om deflection?) so a set will do at most 80 damage on a volley vs the 240 of a Shrek which makes closing on a Shrek more risky. Thus the satchel, so closing on a low output AT weapon is still inadvisable.

All AT rifle infantry have a means to prevent themselves fr getting bullied by armour due to their low output.
Guards can button
Penals can satchel
Cons can AT nade volley.

Otherwise they would be unusable.

Shreks are not like that by any means.
20 Jul 2019, 23:27 PM

Didn't know stug get snare veichels
21 Jul 2019, 00:58 AM

That cheezy little shock crew ability thay some vehicles and explosives have doesn't count as a snare do I hope no one is talking about that. To me an actual snare is where you permanently damage the engine until the vehicle isn100 percent repaired.
21 Jul 2019, 03:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2019, 00:58 AMCODGUY
That cheezy little shock crew ability thay some vehicles and explosives have doesn't count as a snare do I hope no one is talking about that. To me an actual snare is where you permanently damage the engine until the vehicle isn100 percent repaired.

Then allies still have more of them
21 Jul 2019, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2019, 00:58 AMCODGUY
To me an actual snare is where you permanently damage the engine until the vehicle isn100 percent repaired.

Well snares dont work that way so you're in trouble there. If a tank gets engine damage from an infantry snare it doesnt need 100% health for the engine crit to be repaired.

Things like mines cause engine damage that requires 100% hp, but infantry snare engine crits will go away at 75% repaired
21 Jul 2019, 05:55 AM

Its a weaker twp then that of the pack. It slows down a vehicle same way button does. But cant be broken with smoke or sight blockers or getting out of range after button started.
21 Jul 2019, 07:16 AM

Didn't know stug was AT infantry.
21 Jul 2019, 13:59 PM

Its a weaker twp then that of the pack. It slows down a vehicle same way button does. But cant be broken with smoke or sight blockers or getting out of range after button started.
again so much miss information

stug :+100% penetration, will lock enemy vehicles turret temporarily and disable its main gun.
21 Jul 2019, 14:04 PM

again so much miss information

stug :+100% penetration, will lock enemy vehicles turret temporarily and disable its main gun.

Then i stand corrected. I thought it also slowed movement speed.

I knew there were more version of twp. I believed the unifying thing was slow movement.
21 Jul 2019, 14:24 PM

Then i stand corrected. I thought it also slowed movement speed.

I knew there were more version of twp. I believed the unifying thing was slow movement.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0#2650
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS