Login

russian armor

Machine Guns

PAGES (7)down
6 Jul 2019, 15:07 PM

The supression it had before made it op.

Maybe give its old setup and packup time back. Give sprint back, because it current ability doesnt do it either.

It might no supress then but its mobile and can support cons or ce,s as damage booster and it can keep up.

The thing is, it suppresses well enough if massed. Part of it too is that cons are not worth supporting/being support. Would you rather a con squad who can't scale until you fully tech and will lose helplessly against the enemy units costing the same or another MG that can support your existing MG for only 40mp more? They deal enough damage that a pair of then has far more to offer than a maxim and a con squad ever could.
Bump the maxim up to 300mp and make it do its job a little bit and drop cons to 220 and you might see the occasional con support squad but nobody wants cons as support RN because cons are not support.
6 Jul 2019, 15:08 PM

it just need longer set up time for more suppression, no more a moving
6 Jul 2019, 15:57 PM

The thing is, it suppresses well enough if massed. Part of it too is that cons are not worth supporting/being support. Would you rather a con squad who can't scale until you fully tech and will lose helplessly against the enemy units costing the same or another MG that can support your existing MG for only 40mp more? They deal enough damage that a pair of then has far more to offer than a maxim and a con squad ever could.
Bump the maxim up to 300mp and make it do its job a little bit and drop cons to 220 and you might see the occasional con support squad but nobody wants cons as support RN because cons are not support.

Increase Max to 300mp and you will finally finish off the Soviet start, which already sucks now. While you are building Maxim at the start for 300mp, you give a huge advantage in the presence on the map. Or leave Maxim 260mp but a little buff, or leave it current and reduce the price. In the current state, Maxim is not worth its price.
6 Jul 2019, 16:23 PM

Nobody clearly wants to trade survivability for performance instead!

You can not have it both ways for Maxim.

Either you decrease Maxim crew to 4 man and make it perform similarly to USF mg.

Or

If you still want 6 man, keep it the way it is.

Because all I hear is people wanting only buffs or only nerfs when that is clearly not a step towards game improvements. All so one-sided.

They already screwed up with making both Centaur and Ostwind 100 fuel. Just what a great improvement!
6 Jul 2019, 16:28 PM

Like every maxim conversation, it loops around due to the deathloop in terms of

you can't improve performance or it replaces cons --> you can't reduce crew size because of deathloop

Much like the actual deathloop.

So what do people think should be done to fix the deathloop? My ideas are super fast packing up time, some kind of prioritizing the crew members that are not going to pick up the maxim before the guy picking it up, or removing the pick up animation to make it like other mgs.
6 Jul 2019, 16:41 PM

Because your way of doing that is stupid.
6 Jul 2019, 16:47 PM

Because your way of doing that is stupid.

Your way of thinking is clearly inflexible.
6 Jul 2019, 16:54 PM

Your way of thinking is clearly inflexible.

That's true.

6 Jul 2019, 17:01 PM

Indeed it only does its job in pairs. That alone makes it unbelievable that it costs 260mp and requires tech. If one needs double the units to do the same or slightly better as the enemy counter part it should be that much cheaper.

The maxim has no double role to compensate for it sucking at its job. The deathloop overkills the 160mp bonus. Buffing it and putting the cost at 300 or so is worth testing indeed.

I am of the opnion cons are not bad but just cost to much for what they bring to the table.
Their 7th man should be tied t3 imo or as a side tech at t3 and cons become cheaper out of the gate. 220 mp should suffice.

6 Jul 2019, 18:04 PM

Why no one want to point out how durable are maxims? Is this a lobby game I am missing? Let that cartwheel get into a building and you need more anti garrison than any other mg. I have seen garrison to garrison mg42 vs maxim and they were even.

Maxims need a buff but dont start again the troll discussion that has been already done countless times
6 Jul 2019, 18:10 PM

I wonder why deathloop is so annoying if maxims are already the worst MG, for serious, to rant about it only makes it worse.
If conscripts could somehow fortify garrisons thi reduce mortar damage, then maxims can become competent through strategic map use
6 Jul 2019, 19:10 PM

It's not even that much more survivabile. The death loop makes sure of that. Also the best way to protect an MG? By suppressing what's in front of you and preventing it from leaving the cone and walking right up to you. Which happens in many maxim engagements

You can also "trade" performance buff for cost increase, but if a unit is UP it shouldn't necessarily have to trade. You think buffing it is "bad for the game" but so is leaving it as is and forcing everyone into penal spam
6 Jul 2019, 19:45 PM

Nobody is pointing out how durable the maxims are in a discussion about squads for the soviet union because every single one of their squads is 6 men.

It's the soviets. That's what they do. Like USF repair crews and OKW's 5 levels of vet, it's absolutely meaningless to point it out. Everyone knows and it's just not relevent.

The maxim still can't function as a machine gun without doing its job WITHOUT a vet 1 ability. Never mind giving it a light vehicle shredding turbo vet 1, just make it actually suppress and damage be damned.

7 Jul 2019, 05:04 AM

Imo suppression is not everything for mg.
Maxim have superb pack up times vs axis mg.
When i play usf, everytime i spot mg42 packing up, i know it is doom. It is so slow, i will just rush in left right with 2 squads to either force retreat or decrew it.

Increasing maxim suppression will make it very very hard to counter. Wehr grens need to stay still to shoot. They are very hard to flank mg. Pack up move further back reposition and Grens are fuckeed.
7 Jul 2019, 11:04 AM

What if the Maxim was just straight up replaced by the Dshka in T2 and replaced the Dshka in doctrines? The Dshka does way better with the deathloop thing and with a small price increase to 320mp it would do really well in T2.
7 Jul 2019, 11:09 AM

What if the Maxim was just straight up replaced by the Dshka in T2 and replaced the Dshka in doctrines? The Dshka does way better with the deathloop thing and with a small price increase to 320mp it would do really well in T2.

Dshk suffers form exact same deathloop problems.

It performs well, because its most expensive hmg in game and its doctrinal.
Also, doctrinal units aren't becoming stock.
7 Jul 2019, 11:42 AM

Imo suppression is not everything for mg.
Maxim have superb pack up times vs axis mg.
When i play usf, everytime i spot mg42 packing up, i know it is doom. It is so slow, i will just rush in left right with 2 squads to either force retreat or decrew it.

Increasing maxim suppression will make it very very hard to counter. Wehr grens need to stay still to shoot. They are very hard to flank mg. Pack up move further back reposition and Grens are fuckeed.

Then use rifle grenades from green cover (where a maxim will struggle to ever suppress you) which have the longest range or any grenade

Or

Sprint in ass grens or G43 grens

You trying to use a unit at something it is awful at is not a balance consideration.

A maxim being a bad machine gun is absolutely everything that matters about it. If the maxim needs a longer setup time to make it work as an MG, so be it. The quick teardown is sadly mandatory because deathloop, so enjoy the fact that the MG42 magically teleports between models when retreating.
7 Jul 2019, 12:02 PM

Wehr grens need to stay still to shoot. They are very hard to flank mg. Pack up move further back reposition and Grens are fuckeed.

How's that relevant argument for anything?
Pios have very good CQC DPS and PGs arrive extremely fast.
If you use grens exclusively for that and without G43s, that's L2P thing as you're using incorrect tools despite having right ones right in front of you.

Yes, you can eat a soup with a fork, no, it won't be as effective, stop ignoring spoon.
7 Jul 2019, 13:41 PM

Pio and Pg cqc dont really negate the speed of maxim or warrant maxim suppression buff.

Rifle nades imo are worst grenades because of 2 things, long animation time and lack of high damage. I think its 80 DMG modifier is 0.75 while usf and brit nades are 1. Even if rifle nades is longr range, it does not scare maxim as much as hand nades scare mg42.

Beside rifle nades does not even outrange maxim range. So you still got to flank and wait for extra animation. The fast 6man pack up makes it easier to dodge and survive and fire back. As opposed to flanking allies who inflict moving damages and/or start to nade you while hmg42 pack up like a picnic.

Correct me if im wrong, but the death loop is biggest concern if you are retreating?
7 Jul 2019, 17:27 PM

Pio and Pg cqc dont really negate the speed of maxim or warrant maxim suppression buff.

Rifle nades imo are worst grenades because of 2 things, long animation time and lack of high damage. I think its 80 DMG modifier is 0.75 while usf and brit nades are 1. Even if rifle nades is longr range, it does not scare maxim as much as hand nades scare mg42.

Beside rifle nades does not even outrange maxim range. So you still got to flank and wait for extra animation. The fast 6man pack up makes it easier to dodge and survive and fire back. As opposed to flanking allies who inflict moving damages and/or start to nade you while hmg42 pack up like a picnic.

Correct me if im wrong, but the death loop is biggest concern if you are retreating?

That might have something to do with the Maxim (like all MGs) being supposed to counter charging infantry squads.
Try sniper, coordinated push with distractions and multiple squads or mortar instead, and the whole 6 men crew will just evaporate
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 519
Netherlands 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak