Login

russian armor

For the Love Of God M1 Pack Howitzer

PAGES (14)down
9 Jul 2019, 02:40 AM

The ostheer mortar is more powerful than the usf mortar. The further you go in the ladder the less you will see of the usf mortar. It's a 240 man power unit that has way too much rng to be reliable. It is reliable at missing mgs with its barrage, and if the barrage misses your suppressed rifles or echelon have to retreat. Usf don't have pios with superb vision.

Try using the right tools for the job then. If your rifles and RE are suppressed using smoke will stop them from getting pinned. Relying on the HE barrage which is literally RNG when a reliable alternative exists and complaining about seems foolish if you ask me.
9 Jul 2019, 02:40 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I don't know where you two are getting your ideas about what the mortars are. The USF mortar is a literal clone of the OST mortar but with faster pack up/tear down time in exchange for 5 range.
9 Jul 2019, 02:47 AM

If your opponent went with a sniper build, your mortar is useless. If he builds a mortar, your mortar gets countered. It is the same if you try to counter a pak Howie with the ostheer mortar to a lesser degree, of course.

All of this is just not true man. It CAN be true, but if you actually invest minimal effort in positioning they wont get countered that easily. The sniper is a high micro unit and costs 120mp more than the mortar. The german mortar is barely any better than the USF one

The USF mortar is a literal clone of the OST mortar but with faster pack up/tear down time in exchange for 5 range.

Their AOE distances are slightly different too with an edge to the Ost mortar, but I would say that is easily negated by the squad size differences of Ost vs US
9 Jul 2019, 02:51 AM

Try using the right tools for the job then. If your rifles and RE are suppressed using smoke will stop them from getting pinned. Relying on the HE barrage which is literally RNG when a reliable alternative exists and complaining about seems foolish if you ask me.

I already use right tools for the job and avoid the mortar completely. My usf strat is to build sandbags near or on the fuel and make it costly for my opponent to take it. I don't step out of cover to cap the fuel if there is a mg covering the fuel. I rather have the territory stay neutral than getting pinned and giving them the fuel. I then get a pair of mortar half tracks or pak howitzers and punish them for not playing aggressive. If the opponent goes sniper that strat is useless.
9 Jul 2019, 02:54 AM

My question to you is what are you going to do once you smoke the mg in a narrow map without grenades?
9 Jul 2019, 02:55 AM

My question to you is what are you going to do once you smoke the mg in a narrow map without grenades?

Walking up to it. You know the smoke is coming before he does, time the flank
9 Jul 2019, 02:56 AM

I keep pioneers close by. You can either run past them and have your rifles get chewed up or focus them while my mg safely repositions
9 Jul 2019, 02:58 AM

The wehr mortar is above the usf mortar, and usf don't have mgs to stop enemies from pushing.

Funny ´cause there was a recent poll about HMGs and .50 cal is the second best one (the best one on allied) and USF mortar is a clone of wher one with a little range nerf only.

...You don't know ,as Usf, if ostheer is going to open with mgs or opening with a sniper build. Obviously in 1's you can outcap your enemy,but In 2's and up building a mortar is suicidal vs similarly skilled players. If your opponent went with a sniper build, your mortar is useless. If he builds a mortar, your mortar gets countered. It is the same if you try to counter a pak Howie with the ostheer mortar to a lesser degree, of course.

Because as USF you dont open your game with a mortar, but its there to get it as soon as the game starts. Its an auxiliary tool, not a main unit, even ost hast to build T1 to have mortars, USF dont.
9 Jul 2019, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 10:51 AMVipper

2 hmg 2 PG means nothing to deal with vehicles so an m20 (or a WC51) will have a field day and one will bleed like hell.

It also requires playing for around 4 minute with 3 units.

Finally I have repeatedly pointed out that strong units should not be available early because it leads to snowball effects.

Losing to WC51 as Ostheer sounds like l2p issue. You've got snares, the MG42 and PzGrens all capable of killing it easily. Same with the M20, which also means your opponent has nothing to stop a 251 or 222 besides the LT.

I completely agree about strong units coming out too soon though, PzGrens are probably the quickest elite infantry to deploy ingame and can shut down light vehicle play all by themselves.
9 Jul 2019, 03:00 AM

I completely agree about strong units coming out too soon though, PzGrens are probably the quickest elite infantry to deploy ingame and can shut down light vehicle play all by themselves.

you spelled P-E-N-U-L-S wrong.
9 Jul 2019, 03:02 AM

you spelled P-E-N-U-L-S wrong.

I'll take a PTRS-41 package for PzGrens over their Shreks any day of the week, thank you.
9 Jul 2019, 03:21 AM

Funny ´cause there was a recent poll about HMGs and .50 cal is the second best one (the best one on allied) and USF mortar is a clone of wher one with a little range nerf only.

Because as USF you dont open your game with a mortar, but its there to get it as soon as the game starts. Its an auxiliary tool, not a main unit, even ost hast to build T1 to have mortars, USF dont.

You are starting to see usf as I see it,jk:D
I don't open with the crap mortar, and if you are opening without it you wait a minute longer to get a pak howitzer or a mortar halftrack. White phosphorus is not going to miss.
9 Jul 2019, 04:04 AM

I don't know where you two are getting your ideas about what the mortars are. The USF mortar is a literal clone of the OST mortar but with faster pack up/tear down time in exchange for 5 range.

The USF mortar team actually has a 0.1 second longer tear down time (2 seconds vs 1.9) than the Ostheer grw34 besides also having worse scatter and a 2 second longer build time. Relatively minor statistical differences in the grand scheme of things, but they are there.

On the plus side for USF, the crew reinforcement cost is a little bit lower, with the difference in manpower cost (40 to 45) going towards the mortar instead. Min range for the smoke barrage looks a bit lower as well, which I hadn't noticed before, though I think if you have to call in smoke at 15 range rather than 25 you're probably screwed either way.
9 Jul 2019, 06:28 AM

Usf Morgan's barrage is terrible, sometime I try to use it to harass a hmg from distance and I can feel happy if I manage to take 10% of their health with a full barrage.
As far as I know, barrage are mainly used Vs team weapons and usf or osth have the same weapon team size thus both barrage should be equal.

Aside from that usf mortar is out of meta ATM, you really need to face someone playing super defensive early game to need it. As mentioned above Pak will do the job better in 90% of cases.

9 Jul 2019, 06:59 AM

Losing to WC51 as Ostheer sounds like l2p issue. You've got snares, the MG42 and PzGrens all capable of killing it easily. Same with the M20, which also means your opponent has nothing to stop a 251 or 222 besides the LT.

You need to read a bit more carefully:
He was talking about a strategy with no Grenadier and no Ostruppen and that means no Snares.
9 Jul 2019, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2019, 06:28 AMEsxile

Aside from that usf mortar is out of meta ATM, you really need to face someone playing super defensive early game to need it. As mentioned above Pak will do the job better in 90% of cases.

Usf and ost mortars are similar, that's a fact, otherwise find their stats.
What you are saying confirms that pak Howie is 90% of times better by a whole magnitude level since getting late mortars is not even an option.
Couple that with its timing, its meta impact and costs and now anyone clearly agrees its op. Either that or t0 mortars on usf is completely unnecessary and could be removed with no impact.

To keep a strong indirect fire unit in mid game means other mid game tools should be nerfed, from weapon racks to stuart tanks even rushed Sherman's. A faction having too many power spikes is the sole definition of imbalance
9 Jul 2019, 10:38 AM

A tool being out of meta and not having one are very different problems. The point stands that SHOULD the usf need indirect fire support they have it. It's not the best but it is there
9 Jul 2019, 10:38 AM

Removing the mortar and giving back smoke nades to rifles? Not sure if you're going to like it.

In any forms usf mortar has always been a nerf to usf early game. Being super powerful at the beginning was an accident. To get smoke today you need to invest into a mortar with almost zero combat value or build RE or officers to reduce Usf starting build by one RM squad. All of that to end with one of the weaker early game today.

Pak is fine as it is, you get it at the cost of not having hmg and not having early game shock unit like the M20. It needs to have some values to keep the captain relevant choice.
9 Jul 2019, 10:46 AM

I actually never mentioned to bring back riflemen smoke. I dont think USF needs any compensation.
Pak howie's are effective against static and doesn't mean you dont get an hmg, because you are the one pushing the enemies. By the moment a pak howie needs an Hmg it's late enough to have it or to transition to scotts
9 Jul 2019, 11:23 AM

Pak howie's are effective against static and doesn't mean you dont get an hmg, because you are the one pushing the enemies.
so can we lock mg34 in medic truck? u know if u have stuka zu fuss u dont really need mg because i are the one pushing the enemies.
And second u cant tell what is good for usf if u dont actually play this game
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight