Login

russian armor

For the Love Of God M1 Pack Howitzer

PAGES (14)down
8 Jul 2019, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 08:08 AMVipper

I did not claim that the problem is Ostheer get nothing like this.

Oh my God I know you didn't. The post you said was "causing confusion" was quoting someone else, not you....
8 Jul 2019, 11:33 AM

A long range indirect fire weapon being caught is reasonably easy to kill. Someone said in other thread that mortar crews have 1.25 ra.

Mortars can retreat. Not to mention Pak howy is only support weapon in the game that de-crews with 2 men still alive.

It seems pretty logic that they be fragile (to conventional fire) since they offer too much currently.

Okay but if it's getting nerfed then that won't be true... I said the crew size change should be reversed IF the pak howy is getting nerfed.
8 Jul 2019, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 10:51 AMVipper

2 hmg 2 PG means nothing to deal with vehicles so an m20 (or a WC51) will have a field day and one will bleed like hell.

It also requires playing for around 4 minute with 3 units.

Finally I have repeatedly pointed out that strong units should not be available early because it leads to snowball effects.

MG42 APIT rounds
Pgren shrecks
Build T2 for 222/PaK

MGs and Pios into Pgrens works fine. For the WC and M3A1, just layer your MG42s. They shred even at vet 0. Pios also do better LV dps than Grens.

Not that it matters beyond showing that, yes, you can absolutely play hyper aggressive as Ost these days.
8 Jul 2019, 11:43 AM

MG42 APIT rounds
Pgren shrecks
Build T2 for 222/PaK

MGs and Pios into Pgrens works fine. For the WC and M3A1, just layer your MG42s. They shred even at vet 0. Pios also do better LV dps than Grens.

Not that it matters beyond showing that, yes, you can absolutely play hyper aggressive as Ost these days.

Not going to derail this thread. (The claim is false vs m3A3. Grenadiers have better long dps than pioneer even without the lmg, the DPs is also irrelevant, it is the faust that does the difference.)

Pack howizter is simply OP for its time frame.
8 Jul 2019, 12:32 PM

I think it's interesting to look at the pak howie and the leig against the other mortars.

The pak howie has far lower mobility than other sources of indirect fire, since it can't retreat, and can only afford to lose 2 models before it gets recrewed. It makes up for both shortcomings with better range and better effectiveness in its role. It is indeed overperforming a little bit, but I do not think it needs to be gutted. A small 5-10% nerf to rate of fire during barrage would probably be enough.

The leig is also an infantry gun meant for indirect fire support that has similarities to the pak howie. Both can only afford to lose 2 men, both have very low mobility, both cannot retreat. Differences are the leig has better rate of fire and is cheaper, while the pak howie has more range and damage. I think the balance between them is properly designed, but I do think since both have low mobility they should have more range than mortars that can retreat. I would increase the leig's range a little bit to make it easier to preserve.
8 Jul 2019, 12:53 PM

I think it's interesting to look at the pak howie and the leig against the other mortars.

The pak howie has far lower mobility than other sources of indirect fire, since it can't retreat, and can only afford to lose 2 models before it gets recrewed. ...

How many models does the 81mm USA/UKF mortar or the GeR34 afford to lose before they are de-crewed?
8 Jul 2019, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 12:53 PMVipper

How many models does the 81mm USA/UKF mortar or the GeR34 afford to lose before they are de-crewed?

What happens when you hit "T" with those units? How much cheaper are they?

If the pak howy gets nerfed, it should get 6th man back. Of all the ways to nerf it making it 5 men was one of the dumbest ways they could do it
8 Jul 2019, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 12:53 PMVipper

Congrats, you found a wrong detail. Here’s your medal.
8 Jul 2019, 13:40 PM

What happens when you hit "T" with those units? How much cheaper are they?

If the pak howy gets nerfed, it should get 6th man back. Of all the ways to nerf it making it 5 men was one of the dumbest ways they could do it

I am not sure why you are obsessing with the 6 crew member, since the Leig suffer a similar change when it crew lost its target size, vet 1 extra range and vet 2 moving speed.

The changes in both the Le.ig and Pack howitzer where meant to make these unit easier to be countered. If you are asking for the one do be reverted you should asking for the other changes to be reverted also.
8 Jul 2019, 13:40 PM

Congrats, you found a wrong detail. Here’s your medal.

I simply thank you for correcting your post is enough.
8 Jul 2019, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 13:40 PMVipper
If you are asking for the one do be reverted you should asking for the other changes to be reverted also.

Can u read? I am only asking for it to reverted if the pak howy is getting nerfed further. Are we talking about nerfing the Leig further? No. We are not

Im not obsessing over the crew size, i am making an overwhelmingly simple point. If the Pak howitzer is being nerfed again, revert the previous change. No one is talking about nerfing the Leig more, so I'm not talking about it either....
8 Jul 2019, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 13:40 PMVipper

I simply thank you for correcting your post is enough.

A thousand blessings upon you, my lord.
8 Jul 2019, 14:03 PM

Can u read? I am only asking for it to reverted if the pak howy is getting nerfed further. Are we talking about nerfing the Leig further? No. We are not

Im not obsessing over the crew size, i am making an overwhelmingly simple point. If the Pak howitzer is being nerfed again, revert the previous change. No one is talking about nerfing the Leig more, so I'm not talking about it either....

Can you write?

They Pack howitzer was nerfed was the same as Le.ig which is what i pointed out to you. Reverting the change simply depends on the nerf it might receive. Now can you PLS tone down this little game and stop being personal?
8 Jul 2019, 14:11 PM

The pak howie has far lower mobility than other sources of indirect fire, since it can't retreat, and can only afford to lose 2 models before it gets recrewed. It makes up for both shortcomings with better range and better effectiveness in its role. It is indeed overperforming a little bit, but I do not think it needs to be gutted. A small 5-10% nerf to rate of fire during barrage would probably be enough.

The leig is also an infantry gun meant for indirect fire support that has similarities to the pak howie. Both can only afford to lose 2 men, both have very low mobility, both cannot retreat. Differences are the leig has better rate of fire and is cheaper, while the pak howie has more range and damage. I think the balance between them is properly designed, but I do think since both have low mobility they should have more range than mortars that can retreat. I would increase the leig's range a little bit to make it easier to preserve.

I disagree that the barrage should be nerfed. It's the passive pak howi power that is strong, not the 3 targeted shots
8 Jul 2019, 14:50 PM

Does the pak howi has shield to protect the crew members?
8 Jul 2019, 16:01 PM

Mortars can retreat. Not to mention Pak howy is only support weapon in the game that de-crews with 2 men still alive.

Well technically, the British mortar emplacement... :^)
8 Jul 2019, 16:12 PM

I'd be happy for the pak howi to be turned into a barrage only support weapon. So long as the barrage was increased in duration of course.
8 Jul 2019, 16:43 PM

We need to find a compromise if we want to adjust this unit.
The pak Howie is currently strong because usf's mortar is a piece of crap. Usf's mortar gets wrecked by the ostheer's mortar. If the pak howitzer gets nerfed, we need to give usf earlier access to tools that deal with turtles.

We could make pineapple-grenade-unlock free
We could buff the USF mortar to ostheer lvls
Give usf a sniper
Move ostheer mortar to second tier building
8 Jul 2019, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2019, 14:03 PMVipper

They Pack howitzer was nerfed was the same as Le.ig which is what i pointed out to you. Reverting the change simply depends on the nerf it might receive.

And as I've pointed out to you, this thread is about nerfing the Pak howy further beyond that change. Nobody has said the same for the Leig, so that's completely irrelevant to my point
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 101
unknown 19
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %