Login

russian armor

Churchill + Jackson impossible to defeat without Elephants

26 Jun 2019, 07:26 AM

Permanently Banned
I hate Churchills + Jackson combo in team game

When I 1v1 it’s fine as Jacksons don’t have a shield so their mobility compensates and is balanced. And Churchill is not op in 1v1 as Firefly DPS is bad and is very slow.

But in team games you combine Churchill and Jacksons, Panthers can not kill the Churchills (100% penetration, 5 salvoes (9 shots to kill with 2 panthers vs CHurchill,) as fast as Jacksons + Churchills kill Panthers (100% + 50% = four salvoes (8 shots to kill when 1 Churchill + 1 Jackson vs Panther) if you dive Jacksons the Churchill’s kill the panthers and the Jacksons are too fast to catch

And Churchill + Jackson is cheaper than 2 panther, and Churchil is like 2 panthers vs infantry
Also and Sappers with Heavy engineer and mine clearer repair so fast and act as combat troops, and your pioneers repair slower and can’t combat. And also Jacksons can crew fix

Maybe I’m salty with this game though;
https://www.coh2.org/replay/92264/churchill-jackson-op
26 Jun 2019, 10:24 AM

Of course it is absolutely impossible (sarcasm).
I think there will be like 200 posts about it.
My advice: just play brits or USF, enjoy constant wins!
26 Jun 2019, 10:56 AM

Then how about you just... uh... go for an actual elefant? It's called meta, you cannot defeat any army composition with any strategy.

That's as if I would whine about static howitzer spam being impossible to counter without offmap strikes.
26 Jun 2019, 11:07 AM

Jagdpanzer IVs (with HEAT shells) are your friends when you don't want an Elefant/JT (though I'm not sure why you wouldn't want an Elefant).

Panthers are designed to counter heavily armored tanks and mediums, not high HP Churchills and TDs.
26 Jun 2019, 11:17 AM

Or a Riegel AT mine, or Pak 43.
26 Jun 2019, 12:22 PM

it's true what he says. but there's still an option and you've mentioned it.
26 Jun 2019, 12:40 PM

So, basically you're playing team games and you are complaining that you need a specific team composition to win? You play sub-optimal you lose, simple as that. This applies to any team-based competetive game (League, DOTA, Overwatch, TF2 etc.) you can't just play whatever you want and expect it to work (not very well at least) and COH2 is no different.

So, yeah, definitely salty.
26 Jun 2019, 12:52 PM

Allot of people in gaming community do the same strategy despite being completely countered or shut down. The player needs to adapt and you cannot expect to win if you keep hitting your head against the wall.
26 Jun 2019, 14:17 PM

Use heavy TD(elephant, Jadtiger)
26 Jun 2019, 15:20 PM

By that point you and your ally will most likely have two panthers. Just ignore the churchill and rush the jackson. Or just go to a different part of the map and push. The enemy will have to either wait for the churchill or leave him and go with just the Jackson.

Add Pak40/43/Elefant/mines as available or needed.
26 Jun 2019, 15:22 PM

Then it's a good thing you can build an elefant. It's really good in team games, idk why you wouldn't
26 Jun 2019, 17:11 PM

If you're willing to push aside the sarcasm in the many posts, there is real suggestions that are helpful.

Keep in mind that the churchill is extremely slow, so you don't need to _kill_ it per se so much as you need to knock it out of the fight.

Snare the churchill and focus down the jackson -- they are a bigger source of DPS and they're easier to kill. If you focus the churchill you are playing into it's hand. It's a tank in both the literal and metaphorical sense -- it's meant to soak up damage. Don't play into that, instead disable it and move on to the weaker units.

Also keep in mind that the jackson cannot really do much to infantry, so if possible have a shrek/at-gun around to support for the jackson specifically.

If you find the jacksons are TOO good at kiting you then... well that's partially a skill gap issue but it also means you are taking the bad engagement and being baited into fighting on your opponents' terms. Find a way to 1) close the gap (smoke; flank; etc.) or 2) force them to fight on your terms -- especially if the USF player breaks past the UKF player.

Remember they have to coordinate to get effective results and using that against them is also a tool.
26 Jun 2019, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes I used to get Elephant/Jagdtiger and it was good. But I was bored of this, so I try something else.

I just don’t like how a doctrinal unit in 2 out of 30- commanders / 1 out of 8- commander is almost required to defeat a non doctrinal unit.

The example of off map VS howitzer is fine because to me, both are doctrinal
26 Jun 2019, 18:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Does the elephant work? Yes!

Is it doctrinal vs nondoctrinal? Also Yes!

Therefore IMO its a bad solution.
26 Jun 2019, 18:18 PM

*USF and brits crying in the corner with their almost nonexistant nondoc garrison clearance*

I mean you could mix panthers/JP4s and AT guns (actually even JP4s by themselves do a great job of countering jacksons and are ok against churchills IIRC) but elefant pretty much hardcounters all allied armor and is really incredibly hard to kill with churchills and jacksons only so if that's the issue I don't know why you wouldn't build it.

Also OP, I don't think sweepers make any faction but OKW repair faster. Since no one else's engies are 300 mp. It's just the heavy engineer upgrade.
26 Jun 2019, 18:59 PM

*USF and brits crying in the corner with their almost nonexistant nondoc garrison clearance*

Pack howie and WASP want to have a conversation with you.
26 Jun 2019, 19:35 PM

Remember we're talking team games.
These people don't get combined arms and all and every armor that is below panther doesn't exist, so stug spam with ATG, while its 100% idiot proof solution to their problem, will never be taken into account.
26 Jun 2019, 20:11 PM

There's a reason why people are automatically saying Jt/ele. Stugs don't cut it. They're barely a deterrent against this combination, much less what you build to sweep off the field.
26 Jun 2019, 20:19 PM

Pack howie and WASP want to have a conversation with you.

Pack howie, yes.

WASP literally gets 1 hit by double schrecks lol.
26 Jun 2019, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 20:11 PMKoRneY
There's a reason why people are automatically saying Jt/ele. Stugs don't cut it. They're barely a deterrent against this combination, much less what you build to sweep off the field.

(that's why the ATG part is there, if you want one unit to handle it all, stop being in denial about Ele/JT.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★