Login

russian armor

Small change to brittish hammer tactics

18 May 2019, 15:15 PM

So we can pretty much agree that hammer tactics is quite inferior compared to the anvil. While gammon bomb has its uses and speed boost is very helpful, other abilities do not really function well. Comet is expensive, but slightly underperforming vehicle and tracking, while great with fireflies, does not really work with hammer. It came to my mind that this tech does not give any help for artillery you have. while anvil gives you great airburst shells that are both great for areal denial and destroying emplacements, some artillery oriented buff could prove useful in attempt to bring hammer tactics in line with anvil. It could be something like incendiary shells (this might be poor as its pretty much just airburst with dot damage instead) or something like increased rate of fire or maybe creeping barrage. Of course single buff would not be enough to make hammer overthrow anvil, which it shouldn't be doing in the first place. But even small buff would be welcome. What are your thoughts?
18 May 2019, 15:56 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't think it would make hammer anymore attractive to pick it over anvil with its engi upgrade and Churchill especially. And I personally dont think airburst shells are anything amazing.
I think comet changes would make hammer attractive as I think most people agree Comet is quite underwhelming.
18 May 2019, 16:01 PM

Hammer and Anvil themselves are quite well balanced against each other.

It's Comet vs Churchill that's winning it for Anvil.
18 May 2019, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 16:01 PMLago
Hammer and Anvil themselves are quite well balanced against each other.

It's Comet vs Churchill that's winning it for Anvil.

Yep.

Gammon bomb sticking to vehicles (and causing a stun as it does now, not engine damage) might be an interesting addition too.
18 May 2019, 21:09 PM

Yep.

Gammon bomb sticking to vehicles (and causing a stun as it does now, not engine damage) might be an interesting addition too.
if they come with a range reduction tho
18 May 2019, 21:10 PM

if they come with a range reduction tho

They have (at)satchel range.
18 May 2019, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 21:10 PMKatitof

They have (at)satchel range.
don't they have a bit more ?
18 May 2019, 21:17 PM

don't they have a bit more ?

Maybe you're confusing them with commando gammon bombs?
18 May 2019, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 21:17 PMKatitof

Maybe you're confusing them with commando gammon bombs?
nah i just tested they have about 2-3 meter more rnage but have minimum range, just clopy paste the one from the at sacthel
sorry even more as they don't have to have the center of the sacthel inside the cirle so it's around 5-6 meter i think (at sacthel have more aoe tho)
18 May 2019, 23:04 PM

Range of gammon 12
Range of satchel is 10
19 May 2019, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 23:04 PMVipper
Range of gammon 12
Range of satchel is 10
yea but for some reason they are allowed to trhow the nade outside of the circle if 1 part is still inside gaining some more range
19 May 2019, 14:35 PM

Comet just got overnerfed, that's the only issue between hammer and anvil. It was too strong before, now it's not good enough (at least for it's price)
19 May 2019, 14:46 PM

Add sexton to hammer, put land mattress in arty doc.

Brits don't need sticky satchel snare and it doesn't really fit into the theme of hammer.

19 May 2019, 16:40 PM

yea but for some reason they are allowed to trhow the nade outside of the circle if 1 part is still inside gaining some more range

Might be that part of the squad was standing closer to the area you commanded them to throw it than the rest of the squad.

But yeah if it were to stick it should have satchel range. Wasn't aware it had 2 more range.

Add sexton to hammer, put land mattress in arty doc.

Brits don't need sticky satchel snare and it doesn't really fit into the theme of hammer.

That proposition doesn't really make sense. If anything, it should be land mattress in hammer and sexton remains in the doctrine basically named after it.

Giving sections an anti-vehicle gammon would let them be that much more aggressive because they could actually threaten vehicles at all, and would help in combined arms assaults. I don't see how that's not relevant to hammer. It's also a pretty easy solution since they already have gammon bombs anyway and it'd be a small tweak that makes sense in context with at satchels.
19 May 2019, 19:20 PM

Might be that part of the squad was standing closer to the area you commanded them to throw it than the rest of the squad.

But yeah if it were to stick it should have satchel range. Wasn't aware it had 2 more range.

That proposition doesn't really make sense. If anything, it should be land mattress in hammer and sexton remains in the doctrine basically named after it.

Giving sections an anti-vehicle gammon would let them be that much more aggressive because they could actually threaten vehicles at all, and would help in combined arms assaults. I don't see how that's not relevant to hammer. It's also a pretty easy solution since they already have gammon bombs anyway and it'd be a small tweak that makes sense in context with at satchels.

I just think it's odd the "hammer" tech that players imagine will be good vs support weapon wall and dug in trucks is actually pretty bad with no indirect options.

Anvil canister makes sense as it's good as defensive arty and area denial.

But now hammer and anvil tech is switched in its role. Emplacements and repair have been nerfed but arty flare buffed and Churchill buffed into a good place, so anvil is great at assaults.

Hammer is just sort of directionless with a meh tank. Giving it an indirect option and comet buff would make sense.

One option with hammer is doing something with the base howitzers, maybe allow extended range on callin with pyro upgrade. Double range or something

19 May 2019, 21:36 PM

i don't know what is going on but i tried with cheat mode, i pretty much ordered a squad to throw the nade, and they moved until it was in range to throw it, then did the same but this time i just ordered them to use it a few meter more, and they didn't move and just ignored the circle cause 1 part was still inside, just copy paste the satchel range and all should be OK (so the minimum range is removed too)
19 May 2019, 22:01 PM

crap double post sory mods
19 May 2019, 22:07 PM

I just think it's odd the "hammer" tech that players imagine will be good vs support weapon wall and dug in trucks is actually pretty bad with no indirect options.

Anvil canister makes sense as it's good as defensive arty and area denial.

But now hammer and anvil tech is switched in its role. Emplacements and repair have been nerfed but arty flare buffed and Churchill buffed into a good place, so anvil is great at assaults.

Hammer is just sort of directionless with a meh tank. Giving it an indirect option and comet buff would make sense.

One option with hammer is doing something with the base howitzers, maybe allow extended range on callin with pyro upgrade. Double range or something

Brits not having any good indirect options is a glaring flaw in the faction as a whole in general. It's such a weirdly sturctured faction too that any sort of offensively minded... thing like hammer is going to be kind of weird. If comet wasn't so underwhelming at anything but fighting non-vetted tanks or cheaper tanks it'd be a solid choice though, with good armor, speed, and abilities (including 2 kinds of smoke shells), and you have gammons, grenades, and mediocre but cheap arty flares for clearing defensive positions. IMO hammer is very focused on direct fire combined arms assaults, and I still tend to pick it because I still like the comet even though it's kind of meh. I play brits very of-meta though.
i don't know what is going on but i tried with cheat mode, i pretty much ordered a squad to throw the nade, and they moved until it was in range to throw it, then did the same but this time i just ordered them to use it a few meter more, and they didn't move and just ignored the circle cause 1 part was still inside, just copy paste the satchel range and all should be OK (so the minimum range is removed too)

Yeah might just be a weird ninja bug or something.
19 May 2019, 23:35 PM

ninja bug ... u mean lelic feature :hansREKT:
19 May 2019, 23:50 PM

ninja bug ... u mean lelic feature :hansREKT:

ofc
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %