Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht problems.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
27 May 2019, 10:37 AM

Ptrs zooks etc are weaker in term of alpha damage potential. That is why they are on sturdier squads and do a bit more vs inf. The shreck esp in larger numbersare a major threat to allied armour able to losse half hp in blink of an eye. Volks shreck blob was the best example of this. And thay had only one shreck each.

All true. But because panzergrens are so much more squishy and it's too easy to waste 340manpower squad just by being sirclestrafed or lose 2 man per sov mine. Very often pack howie or sherman HE round will wipe them too easily.

Another thing is that guards and penals have extra abilities of button and satchel. Rifles have snares and can equip bazookas. Rear echelions are often similarly useful with two bazookas to panzergrens but dont require tech and are so much cheaper. These are just a few examples of real discrepancies.
27 May 2019, 13:42 PM

All true. But because panzergrens are so much more squishy and it's too easy to waste 340manpower squad just by being sirclestrafed or lose 2 man per sov mine. Very often pack howie or sherman HE round will wipe them too easily.

Another thing is that guards and penals have extra abilities of button and satchel. Rifles have snares and can equip bazookas. Rear echelions are often similarly useful with two bazookas to panzergrens but dont require tech and are so much cheaper. These are just a few examples of real discrepancies.

Loosing my 270mp 70 fuel t70 to a single 50 muni teller mine is more impactfull the loosing 2 pgren models to a general purpuse mine.

Guards are 360mp and 75 muni to even snare for 45 muni per snare wich gets countered by smoke, easely wasting 45 muni. penals are 300 mp 60 muni to go at. Their snare has extremely short range.
Rifles snare is locked behind vet. The zooks require side tech adding extra cost to even get them. Double zooks hurt ai of rifles for 40%. Its not 50% like pgrens but almost also zooks have less damage ande pen per weapon. But higher rof. More chance to bounce and do no damage vs heavier armour. Unlike shrecks.

Pgrens getting one shot is rng or clumping. Its unfortunate but it happens. Maxims can get one shot by rifles or bundle nades. Its shitty but it happens.

Like i said before double shreck is on a 4 men squad on purpose. The shreck pgren is more effective in terms of alpha damage. And have an eadier time penning heavy armour. Remember the shreck blob from okw? That shutdown vehicle play completly and they where 5 men with 1 shreck. Allied at inf does worse as at inf, and because of that have more models and rof.
27 May 2019, 14:32 PM

To sum up, allies have both more tools to finish off a crippled ost vehicle and more tools to save their own damaged vehicles.

What a load of rubbish, axis vehicles are way more survivable than allied ones with all abilities considered. You dont really need to risk axis vehicles too much, your supposed to play carefully with them and grind your opponent down. Allies however need to make early impact count with things like T70, so they need to risk them in order to press the advantage.

Ost has way more issues while stuck in T1/2 than when they get T3/4 out. Best bet is learning how to use the infantry based AT to best effect. You dont HAVE to kill something like a T70, just soft counter it so its not winning the game for opponent, once your armour arives then things get much easier.

Pio has tellars
MG42 has AP ammo
Gren has faust
Sniper has incendiary round which can finish a LV in a pinch.

Just gotta learn to be confident and clever with those abilities.
27 May 2019, 15:00 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 08:00 AMKatitof

Even HelpingHans says ost is easiest faction to play... it might not be best in top tier, but its anything but hard to play with durable armor and cheap long range infantry.

Prove where he said 1v1 Ost is the easiest faction.
27 May 2019, 15:06 PM

Prove where he said 1v1 Ost is the easiest faction.

As far as I can remember what he actually said is that Ostheer is the east to learn not play. And if one started to play them one should start from them.

Probably because they get all the tools unlike other faction that do not have all the tools.
27 May 2019, 15:35 PM

So the game is PERFECTLY balanced in your opinion?

No. I didn't say anything about the current state of the game. I said that your blanket statement about Ost ALWAYS being harder was biased and ridiculous.

You think the current ostwind is balanced while 99% of the community knows it's a joke. Even most allied players acknowledge that. You don't have any credibility.

For the last time I don't think the ostwind is balanced. I have only brought it up with you because you have shown on multiple occasions you didn't understand what AOE distance was, while simultaneously attacking other people's intelligence, like you are right now. Would you like me to explain it to you again?

Hilarious that you ask Katitof to prove something hans said, but you just made stuff up about me with no proof at all. But i shouldn't be surprised I guess
27 May 2019, 15:41 PM

Early game vs let's say Soviets I dominate I'm able to set up Mg teams and mortars crews along with getting light tank, but I feel like just when I began to put the pressure on, they counter-attack and absolutely destroy me. From there things get worse and I usually have to surrender.Any tips for holding my own mid-late game?

This thread handily illustrates the biggest problem with asking the forums: there are a lot of users with very strong biases towards specific factions who'll take any chance to beat their respective drums. All the noise this makes can make it quite hard to pick out the useful tactical advice.

The first thing I'd advise is posting your questions here: https://www.coh2.org/forum/13/ostheer-strategies That's the Strategy Forum, where balance talk is forbidden.

For more specific advice, upload replays of your games here: https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews It's much easier to help your improve if we can see what you're doing wrong.
27 May 2019, 17:22 PM

Loosing my 270mp 70 fuel t70 to a single 50 muni teller mine is more impactfull the loosing 2 pgren models to a general purpuse mine.

But general purpose just works and for ost 2 men is 50% dps and they just have to retreat. When it hits the vehicle pios will have to repair vety often under fire without the ability to crit repair. If you have satchel/at or other options nearby the vehicle is dead. If you hit a teller with t70 - mate you just overextended. Use sweepers with vehicles. Ost can't have the sweeper everywhere that's why those mines are better imo.

Guards are 360mp and 75 muni to even snare for 45 muni per snare wich gets countered by smoke, easely wasting 45 muni. penals are 300 mp 60 muni to go at. Their snare has extremely short range.
Rifles snare is locked behind vet. The zooks require side tech adding extra cost to even get them. Double zooks hurt ai of rifles for 40%. Its not 50% like pgrens but almost also zooks have less damage ande pen per weapon. But higher rof. More chance to bounce and do no damage vs heavier armour. Unlike shrecks.

All true - but the AT stachel short range doesn't matter with 'for the motherland' or when the vehicle is crippled. Once again I will stress that there are many more AT solutions allies have, which makes it a bit imbalanced. And again - to have both the snare and bazookas/ptrs plus still pretty decent AI capabilities is a problem for the gameplay. Rambo style units sort of.

Pgrens getting one shot is rng or clumping. Its unfortunate but it happens. Maxims can get one shot by rifles or bundle nades. Its shitty but it happens.

I agree, but the whole point is that it happens too easily/frequently to ost units. A lot of people find it a problem. The game is quite balanced but ost has been neglected compared to other factions.

Like i said before double shreck is on a 4 men squad on purpose. The shreck pgren is more effective in terms of alpha damage. And have an eadier time penning heavy armour. Remember the shreck blob from okw? That shutdown vehicle play completly and they where 5 men with 1 shreck. Allied at inf does worse as at inf, and because of that have more models and rof.

I remember shreck blob very well and it was a real problem. Remember I'm writing about ost. OKW is a completely different story. Now, however, I face rifle/para/infsection/guards/penal/shocks blobs which just destroy almost everything in their way and ost has a problem with that. The risk of losing AT panzergenadier squad to armor is much much higher than losing allied AT squads.
27 May 2019, 18:03 PM

Permanently Banned

For the last time I don't think the ostwind is balanced. I have only brought it up with you because you have shown on multiple occasions you didn't understand what AOE distance was, while simultaneously attacking other people's intelligence, like you are right now. Would you like me to explain it to you again?

Hilarious that you ask Katitof to prove something hans said, but you just made stuff up about me with no proof at all. But i shouldn't be surprised I guess

Everyone was talking about how to fix the Ostwind and suddenly u ask a stupid question about AoE. Why should I answer that? The end result is that the Ostwind needed improvement regardless of your offtopic question.

27 May 2019, 18:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, even if teh game is completely balanced, let me clarify, I think Ost is still harder to play, BUT only A BIT harder.
27 May 2019, 18:09 PM

If you hit a teller with t70 - mate you just overextended. Use sweepers with vehicles.

This is such bullcrap, there is no justification for the teller 1 hit killing lights. The premise of sweeping for your vehicles is true for everyone, because a dead engine is PLENTY good enough reason not to run over mines.

If they nerfed is damage by 20, it would still leave a t70 crippled to the point that even a stolen ptrs could finish it off in 1 shot. Which is what they should do. 380 damage and an engine crit

If Soviet demos were OP, the teller is too. Easily.
27 May 2019, 18:12 PM

Everyone was talking about how to fix the Ostwind and suddenly u ask a stupid question about AoE. Why should I answer that? The end result is that the Ostwind needed improvement regardless of your offtopic question.

It wasn't off topic at all, they had just buffed it's AOE distance, and you didn't even understand what that change did. Despite not understanding that, you decided everyone else was below you in intelligence.

It's not a stupid question just because you didn't understand it...
27 May 2019, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned

This is such bullcrap, there is no justification for the teller 1 hit killing lights. The premise of sweeping for your vehicles is true for everyone, because a dead engine is PLENTY good enough reason not to run over mines.

If they nerfed is damage by 20, it would still leave a t70 crippled to the point that even a stolen ptrs could finish it off in 1 shot. Which is what they should do. 380 damage and an engine crit

If Soviet demos were OP, the teller is too. Easily.

This is evidence of you being biased. U have ONE light vehicle while ALL axis capping squads are threatened if demos are invisible.
27 May 2019, 18:14 PM

This is evidence of you being biased. U have ONE light vehicle while ALL axis capping squads are threatened if demos are invisible.

Lol and how much does a squad cost? 70 fuel less than a t70

If wanting to nerf the tellers dmg by 20 makes me biased, you're insane. Stop being so obsessed with Ostheer
27 May 2019, 18:16 PM

Permanently Banned

Lol and how much does a squad cost? 70 fuel less than a t70

If wanting to nerf the tellers dmg by 20 makes me biased, you're insane. Stop being so obsessed with Ostheer

A squad can cost more mp and munis than a t70. USF repair crit will invalidate your idea.
27 May 2019, 18:20 PM

A squad can cost more mp and munis than a t70. USF repair crit will invalidate your idea.

It already invalidates engine damage on every other tank. If that's still a problem, it's a separate issue and should be addressed.

I am FAR from the only one who thinks tellers shouldnt ohk lights. If you think this is evidence of bias you need to seriously wake the fuck up

Fuel is more valuable than Muni dude. That's why you get less of it per point....

They buffed AoE distance. But the end result is that ostwind is still UP and nobody uses it. Ever heard of result-oriented?

That wasn't the point, which you are still missing. The point was to show that you didn't understand a core mechanic of the game, while also calling everyone idiots. I was showing you how much of an asshole you were being
27 May 2019, 18:20 PM

Permanently Banned

It wasn't off topic at all, they had just buffed it's AOE distance, and you didn't even understand what that change did. Despite not understanding that, you decided everyone else was below you in intelligence.

It's not a stupid question just because you didn't understand it...

They buffed AoE distance. But the end result is that ostwind is still UP and nobody uses it. Ever heard of result-oriented? Nobody wants to hear the "theoretical" buffs, we wanna see how much faster the ostwind can kill a squad, in other words, TANGIBLE improvement.

That's my biggest bone to pick with u. U always talk about irrelevant shit. Just like when u said in exchange for sapper snares, the 6pdr accuracy vs lights drops from 100% to 75%. Is that even a remotely fair or close tradeoff?
27 May 2019, 18:26 PM

That's my biggest bone to pick with u. U always talk about irrelevant shit. Just like when u said in exchange for sapper snares, the 6pdr accuracy vs lights drops from 100% to 75%. Is that even a remotely fair or close tradeoff?

Yeah it is. You need to play all sides equally so you stop looking at every single situation as being the game vs Ostheer. It's really tiring

Sappers aren't a mainline. Name another faction who doesn't have snares on their mainline. That's the trade-off....
27 May 2019, 18:28 PM

They buffed AoE distance. But the end result is that ostwind is still UP and nobody uses it. Ever heard of result-oriented? Nobody wants to hear the "theoretical" buffs, we wanna see how much faster the ostwind can kill a squad, in other words, TANGIBLE improvement.

The reason Ostwind is not used is because he have less AT ability than Pz4

Can you deal with the enemy's medium tanks with ostwind?

No matter how much Ostbud gets buffs, people will use Pz4

Pz4 is much better and easy to use

And I don't know why you're obsessed with the oostwind

Ostwind problem is not important to Wehmacht

27 May 2019, 18:31 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 18:28 PMblancat

Ostwind problem is not important to Wehmacht

I'm giving u a chance to redeem yourself. Are u sure u stand behind this ignorance?

Ost needs an Ostwind to deal with blobs since by the midgame mgs are very threatened by almost all units. And the fact that even in the early game, they are entirely counterable. All the other factions can just make their own blob to counter a blob but gren blobs are the least efficient due to low squad sizes.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS