Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht problems.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
16 May 2019, 21:08 PM

Early game vs let's say Soviets I dominate I'm able to set up Mg teams and mortars crews along with getting light tank, but I feel like just when I began to put the pressure on, they counter-attack and absolutely destroy me. From there things get worse and I usually have to surrender.Any tips for holding my own mid-late game?
16 May 2019, 21:19 PM

You'll get much better feedback if you upload a replay of a game for specific comments, since otherwise it's hard to tell what could have been/done.

Also, play as soviets against wehrmacht and see how the wehr player deals with you.
16 May 2019, 21:57 PM

wher still take a lot of skill to pull 1v1. i feel this is still valid in new patch. ostwind is now good,but still comes late. panzergrens are good but tier 2 is still bad. just my 2cents as casual player
16 May 2019, 22:30 PM

Counter-attack you with what? T70 is usually the biggest culprit of the scenario you're describing against soviets. Definitely a hard unit to counter as Ost
17 May 2019, 00:43 AM

T70s,maxim's/mortars everything
17 May 2019, 01:05 AM

I'll link a replay tomorrow.
17 May 2019, 04:52 AM

My advice? Adapt and survive ! Don't let the soviet scum run you down.
17 May 2019, 12:14 PM

Lol. Damn Bolsheviks!
18 May 2019, 00:59 AM

When a fresh t70 hits a teller mine you've basically won the game
18 May 2019, 06:13 AM

Wehr problem is pop cap and heavy resource need. These were ok previously when their units are stronger. Right now, their units are not any better than allies, so you have squishy units and expensive tanks cost.

So for wehr you need to get p4 fast, dominate every early infantry encounter with no mistake, like stay at range, reposition mg asap, have pak asap. Have a lucky teller to disable T70 or Sherman. A single mistake and you have no comeback chance. Since allies survivability means they can grind away the longer you fail to take a strong lead.

Wehr has become a very unforgiving faction to play.
18 May 2019, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 06:13 AMmrgame2

Wehr problem is pop cap and heavy resource need. These were ok previously when their units are stronger. Right now, their units are not any better than allies, so you have squishy units and expensive tanks cost.

So for wehr you need to get p4 fast, dominate every early infantry encounter with no mistake, like stay at range, reposition mg asap, have pak asap. Have a lucky teller to disable T70 or Sherman. A single mistake and you have no comeback chance. Since allies survivability means they can grind away the longer you fail to take a strong lead.

Wehr has become a very unforgiving faction to play.

Their tanks still have more hp and armour mostly. They just dont get to bounce so many shots anymore. The prices of the mediums are pretty close so they should preform pretty simaler as well.

Their support weapons are still better then most direct counter parts from the allies.
Their td and pak dont get 100% stun anymore. Stopping any flank instantly. The ost mortar does not fire 2 to 3 times faster then other mortars anymore. Wich was quite redicoules imo.

Ost had its required micro increased over time. Inf and weapon teams need to support eachother a bit more then before. Their tanks cant yolo in and bounce most if not all at rounds and escape 90% of the time with next to no damage suffered anymore.
18 May 2019, 12:42 PM

Ost's got three main things it struggles with.

The first is CQC infantry. The only things in the Ost arsenal that'll stop a Shock Troops squad are an MG or a vehicle. Panzergrenadiers are meant to fill this role, but in live they don't.

The second is it has no light tank destroyer. Without the Panic Puma, it has to make do with infantry anti-tank. This is just part of the faction design.

The third is the Stall-In meta. If the enemy goes for a stall-in tank, especially a Soviet one, you need to go Panther. The StuG won't cut it.

However, doing so in time means not going T3. If you skip T3 and the opponent techs, you're fucked.

The next patch will address the first: Panzergrenadiers and the Ostwind are being improved. The Panzergrenadier buffs also partly address the second.

Apparently the patch after that will address the third.
18 May 2019, 13:29 PM

Should I stop playing them until the patch?
18 May 2019, 14:19 PM

Their tanks still have more hp and armour mostly. They just dont get to bounce so many shots anymore. The prices of the mediums are pretty close so they should preform pretty simaler as well.

Their support weapons are still better then most direct counter parts from the allies.
Their td and pak dont get 100% stun anymore. Stopping any flank instantly. The ost mortar does not fire 2 to 3 times faster then other mortars anymore. Wich was quite redicoules imo.

Ost had its required micro increased over time. Inf and weapon teams need to support eachother a bit more then before. Their tanks cant yolo in and bounce most if not all at rounds and escape 90% of the time with next to no damage suffered anymore.

I think Ost tanks dont scale as well as allies. Allies TD get stronger in their TD role on vet. The higher hp and armor arent really 'higher' now, considering higher repair times, first shot advantages, 100% pen from (rear)sides, and 100% pen everywhere on vet, fast snares.

Besides, it is the Allies call in tanks and Churchill have overly strong armor and hp for Ost to deal with now.

Usf mortar was the fastest reload and still the fastest and the most accurate(less scatter), thats ridculous.. Ost mortar has slightly faster aim time for first shot, thats about it. Katsuya, Brit base arty and Usf scott/pakhowie are better at decrewing Ost weapon teams.

Imo I wont say Ost weapon teams are clearly better than allies counterparts. Brit have a fast position ATG, Usf have turbo ATG. Allies Mg have higher dps, Maxim is harder to decrew, vickers have slightly better sight, 50cal is deadly. etc and the likes.

I think the problem Ost have is late games, tanks dont scale as well, takes up a bit more resources for their state of performance, infantry support teams are squishy for the price.

I dont think is the micro, but how unforgiving if you make a mistake or your opponent one-up you once.
18 May 2019, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 12:42 PMLago
Ost's got three main things it struggles with.

Ostheer has one problem. OKW. Allied faction got buffed to deal with OKW and left Ostheer struggling.

The solution is simple stop buffing unit and start nerfing.
18 May 2019, 14:25 PM

Should I stop playing them until the patch?

I think the next patch allows more options for OSt but i dont see it solves the late game weakness. Ostwind Stug are still taking resources and can be taken out by allies AT. I seen many streams of patched 1v1, 2v2 and its not like the play style change for the better. Besides Allies got some good changes too.
18 May 2019, 14:49 PM

Make 222 take 3 shots to kill. Make 55 or 60 range on stug.
222 will be more reliable but it s firepower is nothing to be afraid of.
Same for stug, low penetretion won t be a problem for heavys
18 May 2019, 15:27 PM

Permanently Banned
What late game difficulties does OST have with the 2nd best rocket arty ingame, best stock AI tank in the form of Brummbär, best mobile TD (panther), good stock medium and still great if not best team weapons. And if we talk team games then u have the I WIN Elephant button and a good heavy aswell.

Only thing OST struggles with lategame is arguably infantry and some overbuffed allied TD's but Panther still exists
18 May 2019, 16:17 PM
Donator 11

What late game difficulties does OST have with the 2nd best rocket arty ingame, best stock AI tank in the form of Brummbär, best mobile TD (panther), good stock medium and still great if not best team weapons. And if we talk team games then u have the I WIN Elephant button and a good heavy aswell.

Only thing OST struggles with lategame is arguably infantry and some overbuffed allied TD's but Panther still exists

One problem is affording all 3 of those is difficult and to get any you have to survive a dicey wait holding back allies while you tech and pay for them.

The infantry issue is key though because as they fold in the late game your good team weapons get neutralised/stolen and there's nothing to spot for your panther (and rockets) to allow you to outwit the long range tank destroyers.
18 May 2019, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2019, 14:19 PMmrgame2

I think Ost tanks dont scale as well as allies. Allies TD get stronger in their TD role on vet. The higher hp and armor arent really 'higher' now, considering higher repair times, first shot advantages, 100% pen from (rear)sides, and 100% pen everywhere on vet, fast snares.

Besides, it is the Allies call in tanks and Churchill have overly strong armor and hp for Ost to deal with now.

Usf mortar was the fastest reload and still the fastest and the most accurate(less scatter), thats ridculous.. Ost mortar has slightly faster aim time for first shot, thats about it. Katsuya, Brit base arty and Usf scott/pakhowie are better at decrewing Ost weapon teams.

Imo I wont say Ost weapon teams are clearly better than allies counterparts. Brit have a fast position ATG, Usf have turbo ATG. Allies Mg have higher dps, Maxim is harder to decrew, vickers have slightly better sight, 50cal is deadly. etc and the likes.

I think the problem Ost have is late games, tanks dont scale as well, takes up a bit more resources for their state of performance, infantry support teams are squishy for the price.

I dont think is the micro, but how unforgiving if you make a mistake or your opponent one-up you once.

Allied td,s get stronger in their td role because axis have more acces to heavy and superheavy tanks. Axis tanks get more hp or armour or both with vet. No allied tank gets that.

The ost mortar did fire 2 to 3 times as fast. 2 times until about a year ago when mortar rof was brought closer together. Katty is about saturation, its really luck if it wipes a wpn crew.

Allied mg,s may have higher dps but are more likely to eat nades because of lower supression. Maxim is easy to dercrew because of deathloop. In a lot of situations that a maxims get wiped the mg42 almost always escapes.
I think ost team weapons are solid. Yes they are squishy but excel at their job.

Ost always had squishy squads that didnt change, their early game did not suck as hard as sov and usf late game did before. soviets and usf went from sucking hard to being viable late game. Soviets did suck early game and late game at one point. No more paper tanks/tds shooting blanks. No more rngesus inf from soviets.

That imo is the main reason ost appears to struglle now.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight