Login

russian armor

Reserve Armor (Mechanized Company)

11 May 2019, 18:36 PM

The new Patch has given buffs to the Sherman Dozer upgrade.

The makes the Reserve Armor ability give access to 2 "premium" mediums in a commander that already has other "merged" abilities.

Imo the ability should be looked at.

11 May 2019, 19:01 PM

Sure, feel free to remove the 76mm sherman cuz it is trash in most situations. People usually prefer top AI and top AT with 2 seperate units instead of going for a tank that is kinda meh in both departments
11 May 2019, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 19:37 PMKatitof
I can't wait what'll happen when vipper will find out about the existence of armored assault commander, which features not only premium med, but a heavy tank as well.

I've always felt those are fairly redundant, it's hard to actually have the money to pay for T-34-85's and IS-2's ontop of your standing army. I suppose it's more of a 4v4 Commander then.
11 May 2019, 20:47 PM

I think the Dozer should be removed from Mechanized. It overshadows the 76mm and the commander is already full of stuff.

Urban Assault would be much more unique if Mechanized didn't have its party trick.
ddd
11 May 2019, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 20:47 PMLago
I think the Dozer should be removed from Mechanized. It overshadows the 76mm and the commander is already full of stuff.

Then remove 76mm, not reworked dozer blade. 76mm is trash unit, nobody will miss it.
11 May 2019, 23:13 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for being offtopic
12 May 2019, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 22:20 PMddd
Then remove 76mm, not reworked dozer blade. 76mm is trash unit, nobody will miss it.

It's a solid unit in both doctrines it appears in.
12 May 2019, 01:41 AM

I feel like they should just merge the HVAP and regular 76mm shells. Obviously some slight nerfs might be in order but I think the 76mm should be a better generalist than the regular Sherman should be. Right now it's just kind of not worth spending extra resources when you could just get a standard Sherman or Jackson.
12 May 2019, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 01:41 AMClarity
I feel like they should just merge the HVAP and regular 76mm shells. Obviously some slight nerfs might be in order but I think the 76mm should be a better generalist than the regular Sherman should be. Right now it's just kind of not worth spending extra resources when you could just get a standard Sherman or Jackson.

Think it's be better if the standard sherman wasn't the absolute pinacle of AI power coupled with AT, and the jackson wasn't the holy descendant here to purge axis tanks from life. Then it might shine a bit more.
ddd
12 May 2019, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 00:40 AMLago

It's a solid unit in both doctrines it appears in.

And its just coincidence that Lend Lease is garbage doctrine nobody uses? Imagine t34/85 in a doctrine with fuel drop, that would be instant meta commander, and 76mm costs almost the same with much worse performance.

Only way to make 76mm viable is increasing its HP and AI slightly (like 75mm AP round AI) and removing HVAP shells (just because ISU152 has ammo switching doesnt mean that IS2 has to have it too, same for shermans).
12 May 2019, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 01:41 AMClarity
at that point just give it the easy 8
12 May 2019, 15:39 PM

+1 to removing 76mm.
12 May 2019, 15:46 PM

delete 76mm and add HVAP to Ez8

USF dont need two 76mm sherman version

12 May 2019, 16:05 PM

No need to put HVAP on E8, just give it penetration with veterancy, that will buff it tremendously...
Now it just needs to be in a better Commander.
Until Rifle Company gets reworked, if there is a final rework patch, before the game runs it's course.
12 May 2019, 16:09 PM

Think it's be better if the standard sherman wasn't the absolute pinacle of AI power coupled with AT, and the jackson wasn't the holy descendant here to purge axis tanks from life. Then it might shine a bit more.
the same old story
Just delete jackson and sherman76 will be meta yeah cool idea this will also good for wolverine
12 May 2019, 16:47 PM

Nerfing USF T4 would make it once again a faction that can only use Commanders to improve it's lategame, back when when you didn't have to crutch on 0 CP units most of the time to stay alive, because Rifles get bullied until they are vet and upgraded.

USF Major Tier is the only one that works like the faction should, with mobile but low armor units with very high firepower, I just don't think you can nerf USF T4 without some sort of compensation... Else the faction would just go back to being "why play this over Soviets/Brits".
12 May 2019, 17:00 PM

Nerfing USF T4 would make it once again a faction that can only use Commanders to improve it's lategame, back when when you didn't have to crutch on 0 CP units most of the time to stay alive, because Rifles get bullied until they are vet and upgraded.

There is literally nothing wrong with soviet lategame power, and their mediums and TDs are perfectly fine. Units aren't required to be OP just cause they're USF

USF Major Tier is the only one that works like the faction should, with mobile but low armor units with very high firepower, I just don't think you can nerf USF T4 without some sort of compensation... Else the faction would just go back to being "why play this over Soviets/Brits".

No USF major tier is the only tier where literally every unit in said tier gives a headache to your opponet more than they should. There are other factions who have nice things, but other factions things also have drawbacks.
12 May 2019, 17:18 PM

There is literally nothing wrong with soviet lategame power, and their mediums and TDs are perfectly fine. Units aren't required to be OP just cause they're USF

No USF major tier is the only tier where literally every unit in said tier gives a headache to your opponet more than they should. There are other factions who have nice things, but other factions things also have drawbacks.

Then why do you see the T34-85s and even the IS2 being the main consideration when it comes to your Commander selection as Soviets? Besides having Shock Troops or Guards available.

Units aren't required to be OP just cause they're USF, I agree with that but if T4 isn't good enough then USF falls apart entirely, because USF has nothing further beyond the Major Tier (or tied to the Major Tier) besides the almighty Pershing. All the other call-ins are specialized units, you can't solely rely upon, you gonna have to tech up eventually in a regular game.

The Sherman is their generalist, the Jackson their TD and the Scott their alternative to rocket artillery. And that's it for their lategame, each unit does it's job because it's the best you are going to get, when going Airborne, Recon, Infantry, etc.

Let USF lategame too, it's not like it's overwhelmingly powerful early game anymore, or won't be once Pathfinders get nerfed and the Toilet Truck is neutered.
Unless GREnadiers prove to be overwhelmingly powerful :snfCHVGame:
12 May 2019, 18:52 PM

Then why do you see the T34-85s and even the IS2 being the main consideration when it comes to your Commander selection as Soviets? Besides having Shock Troops or Guards available.

Units aren't required to be OP just cause they're USF, I agree with that but if T4 isn't good enough then USF falls apart entirely, because USF has nothing further beyond the Major Tier (or tied to the Major Tier) besides the almighty Pershing. All the other call-ins are specialized units, you can't solely rely upon, you gonna have to tech up eventually in a regular game.

The Sherman is their generalist, the Jackson their TD and the Scott their alternative to rocket artillery. And that's it for their lategame, each unit does it's job because it's the best you are going to get, when going Airborne, Recon, Infantry, etc.

Let USF lategame too, it's not like it's overwhelmingly powerful early game anymore, or won't be once Pathfinders get nerfed and the Toilet Truck is neutered.
Unless GREnadiers prove to be overwhelmingly powerful :snfCHVGame:

So you're claiming soviet lategame is weak w/o commanders? The IS2 is the go-to tank because it's A) a callin therefore ignores teching should you wish and B) the only reliable counter to the IS2 is a panther, outside of Jagd/ele ofc. When a unit a singular counter, you can prepare for that counter a 1000 times easier.

Every faction falls apart if they suffer at some point of the game. See UKF pre snares at GCS2. It isn't just a USF only thing. USF does not to be the pinacle of power in the lategame by an OMEGA margin, they just require more weaknesses. They don't require to be strung up by their gills, just give them small nerfs so they can actually be countered when fully amassed. 2x scotts covered by jacksons is similar to churchill 2x FF. They only viable counter is basically a heavy TD. And if you don't have that you basically just lose the game. Losing the game because your opponet just reached a certain point is no fun to play against, as we saw with OKW vet 5 system and the KT. Yet OKW being "the special snowflake faction" still got rolled by the nerf bat. Other factions should be no different.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 45
Germany 737
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L