Login

russian armor

USF & OKW AA vehicle

13 May 2019, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2019, 16:16 PMMaret

Every faction have something that differ them from others. Why you want that OKW was like USF in possibilities, but don't want that USF have the same possibilities like OKW (KT or rocket arty as example)? USF halftruck is better than OKW, but P4 better than Sherman in tank battles. Each faction have their strong and weak sides.

USF has great stuff also. That as AA Halftrack, Pack Howizter (best mortar), Great Anti Tank Gun (that has the possibility to extend range and penetration leaving them with slim chances), M8A1 Howitzer, M20 Utility car and Jackson. USF has both great AI and AT capabilities also.

I do not think OKW halftrack for its current performance is worth it or even justified for that matter.

I have tested not so long ago, just to compare the differences in performance wise against infantry and both against Puma in medium ranges. I will tell later, but you can clearly see it for it yourself! If you are interested.

Just by evaluating, I can see why that OKW clearly has only one choice, being its only chance is Mechanized. Which is a rather dull system since it is the only viable option. If you dont go Mechanized, chances are screwed is pretty huge. That makes OKW lacking diversity and predictable.

The only viable light vehicle choice for OKW against infantry is Luchs only. Hardly any choice really. Can go Walking Stuka but we know how it ends up!

Devs need to look into this! The OKW Flak-Halftrack. That is if and when they can do so look into this matter!
13 May 2019, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2019, 16:39 PMVipper

It actually depends on the positioning, since the turret has difficultly trucking planes. \

If it is the right position it is effective.

U ever try it ? It simple broken
Turret actually tracking but not shot
13 May 2019, 19:16 PM

U ever try it ? It simple broken
Turret actually tracking but not shot

You have to move further the AAHT, it sounds stupid but yes if the AAHT is too close from the plane path it will not shoot at it.
It stupid and should be fixed but since it's never going to happen better knowing it.
13 May 2019, 19:22 PM

The weird ass angle requires you to be "far out enough" that the traverse of the turret can keep up with the plane to shoot it, otherwise it'll be circle-strafed -- like infantry running circles around a KT or IS-2.
14 May 2019, 14:55 PM

Both of these units are solid, buffing them doesn't make any sense IMO. Their survivability is well balanced. They get the same health as a 222 because they can suppress. 222 has to run away to avoid snares, the FlakHTs can stop the squads in their tracks
14 May 2019, 14:58 PM

They can but the USF AA is evidentally so much better.

I did an odd test.

USF AA vs Puma medium range
OKW AA vs Puma medium range

All done for the sake of the test. Try it out first and you will see. Go especially on a test mod that shows the damage dealt.

Test even against infantry. Come back again and tell me the results or what you have discovered. Only if you are interested.

I will tell my opinion later, so that you guys can discover it for yourself!
14 May 2019, 15:13 PM

Ok so let me explain the basics. Since you don´t seem to be able to understand what both vehicles are used for.

OKW AA HT -> needs to be stationary but if it is it suppresses infantry way better than USF AA HT and after vet 2 becomes a killing machine. Largely useless against vehicles. Can do very well against Soviet T1 or USF LT because handheld AT-options don´t work well against it. Rapes planes at any stage of the game. It´s supposed to act like a bofors on wheels.

USF AA HT -> very fragile because it lacks smoke, can suppress on the move but takes quite long to do so, doesn´t deal as much damage/suppression to infantry as OKW AA HT, does well vs 222s if microed well. Harder to use vs planes because it has no 360° gun rotation, some people also claim it´s bugged and doesn´t shoot at planes etc. It´s more of a traditional LV and can be mobile.

Which one is better or worse is a matter of situation and personal preferences but I personally hate the USF AA HT because it is so easily countered by cloaked raks or a Pak 40.

Neither USF AA HT nor OKW AA HT are meta in 2v2. Stuart or Luchs/Puma are the prefered options. And there is a reason for that. So no the USF AA HT is not OP.
14 May 2019, 15:18 PM

According to this site https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

Vet 2 rate of fire (+33%) and setup (-33%) and rotation speed (+25%).

OKW Flak Halftrack: Damage buff from 16 to 20

That´s outdated. The AA HT gets it´s damage increased from 16 to 20 at vet 2 which makes a huge difference against infantry. It also doesn´t get a setup buff at vet 2 anymore since it´s set up time was halfed in the same patch.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p5
14 May 2019, 17:44 PM

Ok so let me explain the basics. Since you don´t seem to be able to understand what both vehicles are used for.

OKW AA HT -> needs to be stationary but if it is it suppresses infantry way better than USF AA HT and after vet 2 becomes a killing machine. Largely useless against vehicles. Can do very well against Soviet T1 or USF LT because handheld AT-options don´t work well against it. Rapes planes at any stage of the game. It´s supposed to act like a bofors on wheels.

USF AA HT -> very fragile because it lacks smoke, can suppress on the move but takes quite long to do so, doesn´t deal as much damage/suppression to infantry as OKW AA HT, does well vs 222s if microed well. Harder to use vs planes because it has no 360° gun rotation, some people also claim it´s bugged and doesn´t shoot at planes etc. It´s more of a traditional LV and can be mobile.

Which one is better or worse is a matter of situation and personal preferences but I personally hate the USF AA HT because it is so easily countered by cloaked raks or a Pak 40.

Neither USF AA HT nor OKW AA HT are meta in 2v2. Stuart or Luchs/Puma are the prefered options. And there is a reason for that. So no the USF AA HT is not OP.

I am already quite aware of their differences by know, having played this game quite a while.
Look to this comment https://www.coh2.org/topic/90446/usf-okw-aa-vehicle/post/746076

I may not have stated every point but more than enough to know what they are both viable at.

You are quite right about vulnerability wise but the thing that in some way compensates the USF AA is due to the fact it can be mobile. Sure you would like to set up to make the utmost use. Usually a good player keeps it mobile when alone without support to harass. When he has the support, you can use it more comfortably.

FHT problem is its AOE for little damage overall. It is 1 and I think it should be increased by 2.

Comparing its performance against infantry. USF AA tends to be more conistent in damage, kills and surpression although it does suffer from AA tracking which is not a big deal compared to more important just as the pros I just mentioned. It can be mobile, and does something on the move. Have crew to repair to rengage faster. If you know you are going to lose the vehicle. Decrew and you wont suffer entirely. The only real downside is no smoke.

The only I good thing about FHT is smoke and AA tracking capabilities. It is not that lethal against infantry. The reload is slower in comparison giving it huge breaks causing the surpression to no longer last and the damage is just puny. Downsides, setup, vet speed, damage, AOE and reload.

16 damage is just lol. I am fine with 16 but the AOE is another joke since it is 1 while USF AA is 2. How does USF halftrack have nearly twice the consistency and damage. Better reload, AOE is 2. Just wow, so astounding the difference. Shoot on the move and does not require a unit to repair since it has crew. Can counter Luchs easily. .

Currently OKW build choice only is Luchs for proper AI. That is just a terrible mechanic. Either buff FHT or remove Infrared Halftrack for a different AI or AT unit.

Either AOE or Damage increase for FHT would definitely help!

Just play in game and see the differences in their performance. You might just reconsider!
14 May 2019, 18:00 PM

I am already quite aware of their differences by know, having played this game quite a while.
Look to this comment https://www.coh2.org/topic/90446/usf-okw-aa-vehicle/post/746076

I may not have stated every point but more than enough to know what they are both viable at.

You are quite right about vulnerability wise but the thing that in some way compensates the USF AA is due to the fact it can be mobile. Sure you would like to set up to make the utmost use. Usually a good player keeps it mobile when alone without support to harass. When he has the support, you can use it more comfortably.

FHT problem is its AOE for little damage overall. It is 1 and I think it should be increased by 2.

Comparing its performance against infantry. USF AA tends to be more conistent in damage, kills and surpression although it does suffer from AA tracking which is not a big deal compared to more important just as the pros I just mentioned. It can be mobile, and does something on the move. Have crew to repair to rengage faster. If you know you are going to lose the vehicle. Decrew and you wont suffer entirely. The only real downside is no smoke.

The only I good thing about FHT is smoke and AA tracking capabilities. It is not that lethal against infantry. The reload is slower in comparison giving it huge breaks causing the surpression to no longer last and the damage is just puny. Downsides, setup, vet speed, damage, AOE and reload.

16 damage is just lol. I am fine with 16 but the AOE is another joke since it is 1 while USF AA is 2. How does USF halftrack have nearly twice the consistency and damage. Better reload, AOE is 2. Just wow, so astounding the difference. Shoot on the move and does not require a unit to repair since it has crew. Can counter Luchs easily. .

Currently OKW build choice only is Luchs for proper AI. That is just a terrible mechanic. Either buff FHT or remove Infrared Halftrack for a different AI or AT unit.

Either AOE or Damage increase for FHT would definitely help!

Just play in game and see the differences in their performance. You might just reconsider!

Ok you don´t want to listen, whatever. Keep believing that the USF AA HT easily counters the Luchs and that it does more damage and suprression to infantry than the OKW one.
14 May 2019, 18:14 PM

Ok you don´t want to listen, whatever. Keep believing that the USF AA HT easily counters the Luchs and that it does more damage and suprression to infantry than the OKW one.

I listened. Stop assuming things. Try using it against Luchs because Luchs AT capabilities is terrible against AA USF. AA USF is great against even light vehicles when stationary.

I used it as and even against to know how well it is. Try it instead of being ignorant. Check stats even. Right there, in front of you. (USF)56::(OKW)16 damage when stationary and when USF on the move does 16 damage while OKW zero.

Suppression is obvious since it suppresses well on the move. Even better when stationary. How do you not even realise that. All 3 guns apply suppression altogether making it better than OKW FHT.
14 May 2019, 18:27 PM

I listened. Stop assuming things. Try using it against Luchs because Luchs AT capabilities is terrible against AA USF. AA USF is great against even light vehicles when stationary.

I used it as and even against to know how well it is. Try it instead of being ignorant. Check stats even. Right there, in front of you. (USF)56::(OKW)16 damage when stationary and when USF on the move does 16 damage while OKW zero.

Suppression is obvious since it suppresses well on the move. Even better when stationary. How do you not even realise that. All 3 guns apply suppression altogether making it better than OKW FHT.

You can counter the USF AA HT just fine with Luchs. You just need to know how because as soon as the USF AA HT moves it does nothing to the Luchs. And guess what, you can drive the Luchs around the USF AA HT. And guess what else the USF AA HT has very bad armor so the Luchs penetrates it just fine. Sure if you braindead park your Luchs infront of the rear of a stationary AA HT it´s gonna die but why would someone do that?

OKW AA HT deals considerably more damage to infantry after vet 2 than the USF AA HT because it has the accuracy to actually hit. You don´t understand the stats which is why you think the USF one is so much better. That being said there is a reason why most people don´t go for the AA HTs in current meta.
14 May 2019, 19:40 PM

Check stats even. Right there, in front of you. (USF)56::(OKW)16 damage when stationary and when USF on the move does 16 damage while OKW zero.

What kind of comparison is this? Why are you ignoring that the 37mm has really bad ROF and basically no accuracy vs infantry? Why are you even comparing bullet damage to AOE damage? The Flak doesn't just deal 16 damage, it deals 16 AOE damage which hurts multiple models faster than the M15's .50 cals and the 37mm that rarely hits. The 37mm relies on scatter, the 20mm relies on accuracy.

Their weapon systems are completely uncomparable on paper.
14 May 2019, 20:00 PM

You gotta compare much more than the damage values dude. Riflemen do half as much damage per shot as grens, and grens dont exactly outperform riflemen...
14 May 2019, 20:16 PM

You gotta compare much more than the damage values dude. Riflemen do half as much damage per shot as grens, and grens dont exactly outperform riflemen...

That is true. Accuracy, Reload, AOE, Rate of fire contributes to the way it performs amongst other things. Damage is a small aspect of the whole picture.

14 May 2019, 20:30 PM

That is true. Accuracy, Reload, AOE, Rate of fire contributes to the way it performs amongst other things. Damage is a small aspect of the whole picture.

You are comparing AoE weapon to non AoE weapon.
Its impossible to compare them.
14 May 2019, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2019, 20:30 PMKatitof

You are comparing AoE weapon to non AoE weapon.
Its impossible to compare them.

I was just mentioning factors to take into consideration regarding any particular unit. Regardless whether they have aoe or not!
14 May 2019, 21:07 PM

I was just mentioning factors to take into consideration regarding any particular unit. Regardless whether they have aoe or not!

It doesn't matter which factors you take in, you're comparing apples to oranges.

The only comparable thing between the two is ability to take down planes, which OKW HT is superior at due to tracking alone.
16 May 2019, 16:05 PM

Anti Aircraft capabilities is one thing. Does not mean it makes it overall superior than the other.

USF is harder which is understandable but it does not have as difficult a time to track planes if you have to compare it to a Bofors. USF needs positioning which is kinda annoying but can track planes also, just not as well due to its arc.
18 May 2019, 16:28 PM

Anti Aircraft capabilities is one thing. Does not mean it makes it overall superior than the other.

USF is harder which is understandable but it does not have as difficult a time to track planes if you have to compare it to a Bofors. USF needs positioning which is kinda annoying but can track planes also, just not as well due to its arc.

Bofors literally can't shoot down planes lul. It's more or less irrelevant to the topic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★