Login

russian armor

Lend Lease Assault Quad Rush

10 May 2019, 12:06 PM

A few users have brought this up in the main feedback thread, but it seems to have been completely ignored. Now that an announcement declaring the commanders 'feature complete' is up, I think this issue needs its own thread.

The new commander can rush out a highly mobile suppressing halftrack in just over 4 minutes. OKW might just manage with the Raketenwerfer. Ostheer's got nothing: if it goes with a normal opening it won't even have T2 up by then.

As it stands, this is the fastest non-ultralight vehicle to get in the game.

UKF Quad Mount: 55 FU
USF M20 Utility Car: 65 FU
OST 251/222: 70 FU if you skip T1, else 80 FU
UKF AEC: 85 FU
USF AAHT: 85 FU
Stuart: 105 FU
Luchs: 115 FU
Puma: 125 FU

Something needs to be done to delay this unit a bit.

It probably needs to be a CP3 call-in like the USF version.
10 May 2019, 12:13 PM

I am interested in another Land-Lease M5, why the Soviet Lend-Lease Guards assault group with the M5 did not become cheaper? After all, the M5 in T3 has become cheaper.
10 May 2019, 12:14 PM

Soviet quad so irrelevant, wasn't even mentioned, while it arrives extremely late, behind its window of opportunity :foreveralone:
10 May 2019, 12:17 PM

I am interested in another Land-Lease M5, why the Soviet Lend-Lease Guards assault group with the M5 did not become cheaper? After all, the M5 in T3 has become cheaper.

I agree, but this is about the UKF 4 minute quad rush in danger of going live.

EDIT: The USF one appears to have had its price reduced to 250.
10 May 2019, 16:45 PM

Give it the OKW Ostwind treatment and put it in the last tier.
10 May 2019, 16:48 PM

Not to mention:
M5 drive by with Thompson/bren
Fast M10 to counter enemy vehicles

10 May 2019, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 12:14 PMKatitof
Soviet quad so irrelevant, wasn't even mentioned, while it arrives extremely late, behind its window of opportunity :foreveralone:

I think the Quad should come earlier also. Kind of unfortunate it being currently irrelevant due to its misplacement.
10 May 2019, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 16:48 PMVipper
Not to mention:
M5 drive by with Thompson/bren
Fast M10 to counter enemy vehicles

USF can also rush a fast (4-5 min) M3 Assault Halftrack with cavalry riflemen inside. It can be strong and useful at times, but it never seemed like "oh my god this is so broken!" to me, and I have used it countless times already.

It may be fair however to lock the quad mount behind the t3 brit building
10 May 2019, 17:26 PM

USF can also rush a fast (4-5 min) M3 Assault Halftrack with cavalry riflemen inside. It can be strong and useful at times, but it never seemed like "oh my god this is so broken!" to me, and I have used it countless times already.

Yet other seem to thing it is too strong.
USF - General Faction Changes

WC 51 Dodge and M3

Passenger moving accuracy from 50% to 30%.
10 May 2019, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 17:26 PMVipper

Yet other seem to thing it is too strong.
USF - General Faction Changes

WC 51 Dodge and M3

Passenger moving accuracy from 50% to 30%.

This M3 nerf has only been made because the balance team thinks that bazooka M3s are too strong, and there is no way of just nerfing the Bazooka passenger accuracy without nerfing everything
10 May 2019, 18:32 PM

This M3 nerf has only been made because the balance team thinks that bazooka M3s are too strong, and there is no way of just nerfing the Bazooka passenger accuracy without nerfing everything

And keep in mind that UKF M5 comes earlier than USF M3 while it has allot more armor, better scaling and the WC51 has more shock value than the M3.
10 May 2019, 18:43 PM

I'm not sure if this is as scary as it appears. Without Bolster or Nades Tommies just get smashed by anything that looks at them funny. I don't know if you'd be able to maintain map control required for the fast 55 Fuel to make this strategy work when your mainline infantry all get pushed off the field. Might depend on if you're on a good map for early game turtling and can get a good Vickers up in a defensible position near the Fuel.
10 May 2019, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 18:43 PMJPA32
I'm not sure if this is as scary as it appears. Without Bolster or Nades Tommies just get smashed by anything that looks at them funny. I don't know if you'd be able to maintain map control required for the fast 55 Fuel to make this strategy work when your mainline infantry all get pushed off the field. Might depend on if you're on a good map for early game turtling and can get a good Vickers up in a defensible position near the Fuel.

This was my thought as well. Honestly I don't know if giving up early bolster to rush M5 is worth (especially given the munitions investment and the fact that I don't feel like the quad mount even after the buff is especially dangerous).
11 May 2019, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 12:06 PMLago
snip.

FHT for wehr can be rushed at 5:30, I saw hans do this to some rank 20 guy yesterday and he wiped two units before 57mm or stuart could be built. (He did not build T1 tho)

The fix for quad timing is easy, like the old luch just slap 30secs on the build time and make the quad 30 seconds upgrade or something. No need to lock it behind T3 or something so silly and throw it on the trash heap like the Soviet one.

Let's remind everyone this doctrine is already VERY muni heavy with thompson upgrade and flame nades. Brits also need to pump the most muni into healing early game so finding muni for the quad isn't exactly easy. Personally I think this thread is a little overblown but if it turns out OP like I say adjusting 30-60 secs or so on build and upgrade time is the most logical fix
11 May 2019, 14:04 PM

FHT for wehr can be rushed at 5:30, I saw hans do this to some rank 20 guy yesterday and he wiped two units before 57mm or stuart could be built. (He did not build T1 tho)

The fix for quad timing is easy, like the old luch just slap 30secs on the build time and make the quad 30 seconds upgrade or something. No need to lock it behind T3 or something so silly and throw it on the trash heap like the Soviet one.

Let's remind everyone this doctrine is already VERY muni heavy with thompson upgrade and flame nades. Brits also need to pump the most muni into healing early game so finding muni for the quad isn't exactly easy. Personally I think this thread is a little overblown but if it turns out OP like I say adjusting 30-60 secs or so on build and upgrade time is the most logical fix

+1

An alternate solution would be to put a CP lock on the quad upgrade. Maybe like 3-4 CPs.

I don't think M5 timing on its own is an issue seeing as ost can rush a 250 with german infantry doctrine as soon as they get BP1, which is 40 fuel + whatever T1 costs if you choose to build it.
11 May 2019, 15:05 PM

An alternate solution would be to put a CP lock on the quad upgrade. Maybe like 3-4 CPs.

The simplest solution is to put it as a CP3 call-in. The USF variant already is.

Flamer halftrack's got a rush time of 70 FU, and doesn't suppress infantry counters.
11 May 2019, 15:10 PM

The only use I have ever found for the quad is piss off teams spamming skillplanes and stopping recon. I only use it in a combat role in emergencies, it just isn't worth it otherwise.
11 May 2019, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 15:10 PMGrim
The only use I have ever found for the quad is piss off teams spamming skillplanes and stopping recon. I only use it in a combat role in emergencies, it just isn't worth it otherwise.

That's because it comes out extremely late in the Soviet faction design.

UKF can get it out as fast as an Ostheer 250.
11 May 2019, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 15:10 PMGrim

Its pretty solid for rapid response fire support. It's too bad that the Soviet need t3 to have a Supression platform, but it does fill that role pretty well.
12 May 2019, 04:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2019, 15:05 PMLago

The simplest solution is to put it as a CP3 call-in. The USF variant already is.

Flamer halftrack's got a rush time of 70 FU, and doesn't suppress infantry counters.

True. I just kind of liked the idea of having an early halftrack like german infantry doctrine.

Flamer halftrack is flamer halftrack though. Wipe machine and bane of garrisons and mgs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 7
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment