Login

russian armor

UKF Core changes commander Revamp Patch

6 May 2019, 19:14 PM

Further to Strummingbird's feedback, I think the M5 Halftrack should be a CP3 call-in instead of CP0 behind AEC tech.

Because of UKF's starting fuel, you only need to accumulate 55 FU to get it. This allows you to easily rush it out before any sort of counter can be fielded.

However, there's no other tech window you could put it behind.

Therefore, it should probably be a CP3 call-in.
6 May 2019, 19:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 19:14 PMLago

Therefore, it should probably be a CP3 call-in.

Actually I think the most elegant solution would be to lock the quad package behind company command post, leaving the current M5 where it is. That way you could grab it (very) early and pull off reinforcement / bren bus shenanigans- makes for interesting options instead of hardlocking it behind a CP count- then convert it into cheap AA / anti harassment later on.
6 May 2019, 19:26 PM

Actually I think the most elegant solution would be to lock the quad package behind company command post, leaving the current M5 where it is. That way you could grab it (very) early and pull off reinforcement / bren bus shenanigans- makes for interesting options instead of hardlocking it behind a CP count- then convert it into cheap AA / anti harassment later on.

Company Command Post is too late to be impactful. The idea is to give UKF an anti-infantry shock unit.

If keeping the non-upgraded M5 at the current timing is desirable, you could bundle the base halftrack with the M10 (Lend Lease Vehicles) and make the M5 Quad unlock a CP3 commander ability in its own right.
6 May 2019, 23:08 PM

you generally have to rely on preemptive Raketen + luck with actually hitting it.

Even if the Rak is out, youre rarely going to get a second rocket off to kill it. When it comes down it it, a UC being on the field and simply killing a model or 2 is a good trade if it forces an early Rak.
7 May 2019, 12:37 PM

I think the armour changes on the UC while fine with rifles make it too easy to finish off with automatic weapons.

Compare flamer HT armour to UC and you'll see what I mean. Flanking Sturm or pgren can really just solo one if you catch it on an urban map. While flamer HT will barely take 5% damage

Imo buff it to flamer HT levels with WASP but slap on a fuel cost. This would also help timing issues of early vehicles
7 May 2019, 13:02 PM

- Ostheer Flamer HT armor and health is much higher. Esp as british
find it harder to damage it.
- British UC they reduced armor AND they made it harder to repair AND
they made it harder to get weapon upgrades. AND they're making PG come
earlier and cheaper... it'll be ouch?

How about we make everything mirror stat? Wouldn't that balance everything?

7 May 2019, 13:12 PM

Buffing Wasp damage but adding fuel cost is an interesting idea. On one hand it justifies a buff but on the other sinking fuel into it might deter people from using it unless the damage buff is pretty substantial.
7 May 2019, 13:42 PM

Compare flamer HT armour to UC and you'll see what I mean.

You mean the flamer 251 that needs T2 tech and costs 30 fuel?
Are we really comparing that to a manpower only T0 unit?
7 May 2019, 16:33 PM

mills bomb) increase cost 25muni -> 30muni, make minimum range 5

A minimum range for Mills Bombs is a very important change. You beat Sections by charging in close, and right now that comes with a high wipe risk.
7 May 2019, 16:41 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised post for excess trolling
7 May 2019, 17:01 PM

Nerfing UC because sections are too strong midgame because of bolster is 420IQ change. Now that UC armor is made out of tissue paper it makes even more sense to double down on sections spam instead of bothering with UC.
7 May 2019, 17:46 PM

You mean the flamer 251 that needs T2 tech and costs 30 fuel?
Are we really comparing that to a manpower only T0 unit?

With uptick in cost and fuel it would have similar timing to Flame HT. Then there's the fact Brits are already more muni sapped as you need extra for healing for three or so sections.

Then there's also the fact fuel will delay AEC or bolster as so there would be a real risk vs reward choice if you get caught by 222.

How is wasp currently a T0 unit? Unlock is at T1 buddy

7 May 2019, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 17:01 PMKirrik
Nerfing UC because sections are too strong midgame because of bolster is 420IQ change. Now that UC armor is made out of tissue paper it makes even more sense to double down on sections spam instead of bothering with UC.

5.8>5.4 so I guess according to you the 221 has no armor at all.
7 May 2019, 18:38 PM

How is wasp currently a T0 unit? Unlock is at T1 buddy

You know T1 on brits its the fastest and cheapest tech of all...

It should be 0.5T already
8 May 2019, 08:27 AM

I would have hoped the balance team learned from the msitakes of lelic, but no.

Not only suddenly nerf a unit but do it in a massive way that makes the unit totally obsolete.

UC no longer forces german AT. It is way more vulnerable to small arms and the DPS from the vickers needs T1 to invest in. It costs even MORE muni to keep it repaired, and you can't start with sappers, so you WILL have to spend on it. The upgrades are now even less cost efficient because they are on a weaker chassis, as if the wasp wasn't already a dead unit.

There's basically no reason to get one now. Brit openings are now either Sections into Bolster... or sections into bolster. If you feel super spicy, maybe an MG.

What fun it promises to be.
8 May 2019, 08:56 AM

...UC no longer forces german AT...
That was the whole prupose of the UC nerfs, it forces too much reaction for axis, on OST pfaust do not trade well and for OKM its a cheese rush until pfausts are available
... and you can't start with sappers...

I just suggested the idea of UC coming in with sappers, both now in T0. That should solve that part at least and gives UC a new powerspike.
8 May 2019, 09:46 AM

UC no longer forces german AT. It is way more vulnerable to small arms and the DPS from the vickers needs T1 to invest in.

The Vickers requirement change was reverted and the armor went from 7 to 5.8, which is still very high for a T0 unit. Small arms chance of penetration went from 14.3% to 17.2%. That doesn't make it "way more vulnerable" in my opinion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L