CoH3 will be MODERN WARFARE ??????

PAGES (11)down
10 May 2019, 22:33 PM

Coh in wolfenstein universe sounds better

OP faction sounds like real balance to me:hansRNG:
10 May 2019, 23:22 PM

Imagine if COH3 was STAR WARS.

lol, what a change would that be.

Honestly a coh game with coh mechanics in star wars could be incredibly fun IMO. There's a lot of lore and a lot of different hardware to choose from, none of which is beholden to reality (so it can function however you want it to from a game mechanics standpoint). There's plenty of diverse military forces to choose from too. Imagine how clones vs CIS or rebels vs empire would translate into a coh style game. There's a lot of potential there IMO.
10 May 2019, 23:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Better make it CoH: Battle royale.
11 May 2019, 03:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 23:53 PMSpanky
Better make it CoH: Battle royale.

Yeah 100 people start the game with randomly selected bases and then its just madness and lag from there.
11 May 2019, 05:47 AM

Yeah 100 people start the game with randomly selected bases and then its just madness and lag from there.

Sounds just like current 4v4

so could turn out to be successful
11 May 2019, 05:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Also it would be great if they added FPS view. Oh wait.. that's battlefield V. Scrap that.
11 May 2019, 13:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I had some more time to think about it, and while the idea of a modern warfare CoH game could be fun, it really doesn't fit into the series. There has always been a strong focus on historical context and pseudo "authenticity" in the series. It's undeniable that this is a draw to a significant portion of the fanbase. If they wanted to do something modern it should be done as a spin-off, not for CoH3. I think the series requires some form of grounding in a real conflict in the past to give the gameplay real context. I wouldn't go any further into the future than Vietnam, and I'd still prefer if they didn't go any further than 1950.
20 May 2019, 12:51 PM

Seeing the video of one of my favorite games: Battlefield 2142, I thought: - Hey, this will make a great strategy. Now, instead of abstract Victory Point, you need to capture rocket launchers that will reduce Titan protection, this is ideal for the Company of Heroes mechanics. It would be great if Relic could make a Battlefield strategy.
20 May 2019, 12:58 PM

Seeing the video of one of my favorite games: Battlefield 2142, I thought: - Hey, this will make a great strategy. Now, instead of abstract Victory Point, you need to capture rocket launchers that will reduce Titan protection, this is ideal for the Company of Heroes mechanics. It would be great if Relic could make a Battlefield strategy.

Boi I've got a news for you!
20 May 2019, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2019, 12:58 PMKatitof

Boi I've got a news for you!

I know, I know. It is a shame, instead of the really interesting games, EA makes an absolute terrible game, with the goal of getting the maximum profit. It was just an idea for a cool strategy.
20 May 2019, 13:17 PM

I know, I know. It is a shame, instead of the really interesting games, EA makes an absolute terrible game, with the goal of getting the maximum profit. It was just an idea for a cool strategy.

Also, Homeworld:DoK is more closer to that idea.
21 May 2019, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2019, 22:41 PMKatitof
All infantry being all-range always automatic weapons infantry also wouldn't add much to gameplay.

what do you mean? automatic weapons on every squad will totally add alot to the dynamic gameplay of coh and totally not promote bad bloby play isnt that right WFA?
22 May 2019, 13:36 PM

Korean would be a great setting, not too advanced weapons so easy to maintain coh flavour and feels. Also quite critically, both sides were somewhat evenly matched, so its kinda easy to feel comfortable with equal sides in pitched battle, which is what makes WW2 setting so intriguing.
22 May 2019, 14:00 PM

Korean would be a great setting, not too advanced weapons so easy to maintain coh flavour and feels. Also quite critically, both sides were somewhat evenly matched, so its kinda easy to feel comfortable with equal sides in pitched battle, which is what makes WW2 setting so intriguing.

+1
22 May 2019, 18:35 PM

The Korean War is very limited: SU-76M and T-34-85 for North Korea, M24, M4, M26 for the USA. There is not even a unit for commanders. There are no opportunities for DLC: Chinese "volunteers" - a huge amount of infantry, South Korea - US equipment.
22 May 2019, 18:47 PM

In my opinion best time area for more modernd coh would be between 1960-80, as there are still lots of experimental vehicles and weapons that could have potential to allow intresting gameplay and variety. There can still be smgs and flamethrowers, both apc, aa tanks, armored cars and personel carriers excist and helicopters are a thing, allowing new twist into offmap strikes.
22 May 2019, 18:54 PM

In my opinion best time area for more modernd coh would be between 1960-80, as there are still lots of experimental vehicles and weapons that could have potential to allow intresting gameplay and variety. There can still be smgs and flamethrowers, both apc, aa tanks, armored cars and personel carriers excist and helicopters are a thing, allowing new twist into offmap strikes.

I think the border is the Caribbean crisis of 1962, there are no Main Battle Tanks, guided missiles, but there are lots of heaps of various armored vehicles and early helicopters.
22 May 2019, 22:39 PM

A modern warfare could work, but I think it would be unnecessary risk.

Considering the franchise has a cult following that would happily buy a third WWII era game why mess with what works.

Would be better if they implemented more quality changes like true sight and fence flipping as COH2 from COH1 did
22 May 2019, 23:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A modern warfare could work, but I think it would be unnecessary risk.

Considering the franchise has a cult following that would happily buy a third WWII era game why mess with what works.

Would be better if they implemented more quality changes like true sight and fence flipping as COH2 from COH1 did

Agree completely.
27 May 2019, 10:54 AM
Patrion 310

By god, they're going to bring all of their RTS franchises to console if Iron Harvest is succesful.

May God help us all and shield us from this plague called "consoles".

I'm not nitpicking and it's fine to be very critical.
From my POV it was either PC/mobile or PC/console expansion.
Ancestors Legacy + Iron Harvest is proof of concept, that console might work for a spin-off CoH game.
I doubt this will be a faithful sequel to CoH1/CoH2, so they have to market this differently (not CoH3).

Relic job annoucement | SENIOR CAMPAIGN DESIGNER:
https://boards.greenhouse.io/relic/jobs/1596614 | http://archive.ph/w5uvD
You would be a good fit if you…
Have helped create some of the best turn-based strategy games in the market

It's worth noting, Atlus leadership who make console RPG's convinced Sega upper management to improve gaming quality. Atlus is owned by Sega Sammy Holdings same as Sega.

President of Sega Games Finally Realizes That Gaming Quality Is Important, 2015:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/07/08/president-of-sega-japan-finally-realizes-that-gaming-quality-is-important/#4b2effde40f1
In a recent interview with Famitsu he made the following and rather telling comments.

“As far as the Western market goes, we learned a lot from Atlus. If we can make a title with proper quality, I believe there’s a good chance for it to do well even in the West for players that like to play Japanese games.”

Atlus has been highly successful with Persona 5 on PlayStation.
https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/14/how-sega-found-its-third-party-identity-with-pc-gaming-atlus-and-its-classics/
*SNIP*
GamesBeat: And then Sega also owns role-playing game master studio Atlus. Persona 5 is a big success story this year. Has Atlus exceeded expectations for Sega?

Clark: Whether we can say it’s overperforming or performing to expectations, we’re really delighted with Persona 5. Everyone across the Sega organization is proud to be able to say that we were part of that, however big or small a part each individual played. Persona 5 is a flagship brand for Sega coming from Atlus now. It’s very strong. We appreciate that. We talked before about the connection with the community, identifying the uniqueness of the community. That’s embodied in the Atlus titles, particularly Persona.

John Clark, EVP Publishing at SEGA Europe
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-clark-8b060614/

What Atlus expect from reviewers
https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/769371699544403968
Not faulting the streamer or his manager for wordchoice, but I want to be crystal clear on what I expect of reviewers:

John L. Hardin, Atlus PR Manager 2013-2017
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jlhardin0810/
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak