Login

russian armor

Comet tank has been too nerfed.

2 May 2019, 00:18 AM

Could expewith something like 100%moving accuracy but tune down the price a bit and it's durability. Make it the absolute opposite of the Churchill. Incredible at taking the fight to the enemy but not taking a beating. Idk
2 May 2019, 00:54 AM

Static gameplay almost always beat mobile gameplay. A weaker comet would end up being ignored. Maybe the only ¨good¨ solution is to make comet a panther clone. They were comparable in performance at least.
2 May 2019, 01:27 AM

Static gameplay almost always beat mobile gameplay. A weaker comet would end up being ignored. Maybe the only ¨good¨ solution is to make comet a panther clone. They were comparable in performance at least.

Less durable, not weaker. 100% moving accuracy would really set it apartas a tank. A panther clone makes it overlap with the FF and the cromwell. Panther clone is probably the very last thing needed. Additionally that would transform team games into hordes of panthers fighting hordes of panthers that still can have FFs behind them on top of a plethora of abilities.. And also no vet blitz and tracking. Very very VERY bad direction
2 May 2019, 20:30 PM

Could expewith something like 100%moving accuracy but tune down the price a bit and it's durability. Make it the absolute opposite of the Churchill. Incredible at taking the fight to the enemy but not taking a beating. Idk
yea no, just try 0.75 just like USF
2 May 2019, 20:46 PM

The only thing comet needs IMO is better vet and better performance against infantry. I find its overall capabilities against tanks to be pretty good overall but IMO it should benefit offensively from vet somehow. It's one of the only tanks that doesn't get a firerate bonus at some point so I think that wouldn't be a bad idea. Givent that it's basically supposed to be a generalist it should actually be able to threaten infantry well like other medium tanks can too IMO. Just some better scatter would help with that.
2 May 2019, 21:02 PM

Do you remember vCoH panzer elite Pz4 (the one with the stubby cannon) that could get into stationary fire mode and receive extra firing rate. Would that mechanic a good way to buff comets?
2 May 2019, 21:04 PM

Do you remember vCoH panzer elite Pz4 (the one with the stubby cannon) that could get into stationary fire mode and receive extra firing rate. Would that mechanic a good way to buff comets?

Hammer is supposed to be about taking the fight to the enemy. Hulling down to increase output is very much the opposite of that. Good idea but not thematic. It needs to be able to make use of mobility to contrast the Churchill.
2 May 2019, 21:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

No, as the Comet is supposed to be the opposite of the Churchill and act as a mobile tank versus the slow meatshield.

Things to address:

Veterancy: The unit needs some form of offensive veterancy to help it engage targets later on. Few, if any other vehicles have 0 bonuses to either reload, or penetration. While the Comet does get accuracy, its firepower for the most part is the same from stock to veterancy 3.

One might count on the auto-grenades as a substitute, but then you're getting in close and it doesn't help vs most vehicles that the Comet will engage.

Moving Accuracy: With the current state, I don't think returning its 0.75 moving accuracy would be terrible to emphasize its status as a mobile tank as that's its whole point.
2 May 2019, 21:09 PM

I released my own personal mod to test out some changes to the Comet, but it's not very popular, so I guess I can use it to test out changes from y'all's ideas instead. Any suggestions?
2 May 2019, 21:13 PM

Hammer is supposed to be about taking the fight to the enemy. Hulling down to increase output is very much the opposite of that. Good idea but not thematic. It needs to be able to make use of mobility to contrast the Churchill.

Exactly, the point is to give it a twist instead of just making comets "premium cromwells". If comets mobility gets slightly buffed and this new stationary combat is enable, swapping with relatively low cooldowns, you achieve great firepower trading the most notable aspect of hammer tactics (mobility and punching hard) and when you are done get comet mobile back again and smash that rush mode it has to put it safe.
Its a harder, micro demanding way to get comets outperform but this way you ahieve two distinct things. First comet spam is harder (hey they get massed in teamgames) and also comets get a very dynamic profile, paired with all the abilities it already has (smokes, grenades, rush). It becomes a premium versatile tank. Stats can be tweaked up/down to make it perform well

Comets get risky and high versatile tactics and anvil gets slower but more reliable ones
2 May 2019, 21:20 PM

Can't we give the Comet some more splash damage? Besides the Croc and Centaur, UKF tanks aren't that good vs infantry.
3 May 2019, 11:16 AM

Can't we give the Comet some more splash damage? Besides the Croc and Centaur, UKF tanks aren't that good vs infantry.
??? Centuar is still the best ai tank and churchill and Cromwell are perfectly fine with infantry (crush nades etc too)
3 May 2019, 11:36 AM

??? Centuar is still the best ai tank and churchill and Cromwell are perfectly fine with infantry (crush nades etc too)

Yeah, but British generalist tanks suck vs infantry.

The Cromwell and Comet have similar AoE and scatter to the Ost P4, but their AI is comparatively worse because of no pintle upgrade and slower reload. The OKW P4 is even better against infantry because of the lower scatter. The hull/coaxial mg's are about the same for all tanks.

Cromwell has its low cost and fast speed going for it. The Comet only has the WP shell and the nade. It's not a bad idea to bump up the AoE of the Comet from 2,5 to 3, so its stock AI performance becomes similar to the much cheaper generalist P4 with pintle.
3 May 2019, 14:27 PM

Yeah, but British generalist tanks suck vs infantry.

The Cromwell and Comet have similar AoE and scatter to the Ost P4, but their AI is comparatively worse because of no pintle upgrade and slower reload. The OKW P4 is even better against infantry because of the lower scatter. The hull/coaxial mg's are about the same for all tanks.

Cromwell has its low cost and fast speed going for it. The Comet only has the WP shell and the nade. It's not a bad idea to bump up the AoE of the Comet from 2,5 to 3, so its stock AI performance becomes similar to the much cheaper generalist P4 with pintle.
pintle mg cost munitions, it’s like saying mg 42 green beat rifle with zook
Comet is still faster than p4 and both crush much better
3 May 2019, 15:00 PM

I would not give Comet moving accuracy as the tank is very mobile.
3 May 2019, 15:01 PM

I would not give Comet moving accuracy as the tank is very mobile.

Its also the only tank in game that doesn't get at least 30% reload buff.
Moving accuracy is nothing really compared to that 30% reload vet, I'd personally prefer giving it reload vet.
3 May 2019, 17:17 PM

I like some of the ideas here for the comet, how about add some stuff to vet to make it that brawler tank it was meant to be.

Add some reload vet so its vet 3 doesnt feel so lackluster. Also another thing that could be done is have a smaller reload vet bonus and add a .75 moving accuracy bonus as a vet 3 attribute or something if people want the .75 moving accuracy. Not sure if this is a great idea or balanced but I think it would be pretty thematic since the comet is suppose to be aggressive.
3 May 2019, 18:52 PM

Add some reload vet so its vet 3 doesnt feel so lackluster. Also another thing that could be done is have a smaller reload vet bonus and add a .75 moving accuracy bonus as a vet 3 attribute or something if people want the .75 moving accuracy. Not sure if this is a great idea or balanced but I think it would be pretty thematic since the comet is suppose to be aggressive.

The .75 modifier seems like the right way to go. It's what the comet used to have before the many nerfs it got. Many of those were deserved, but they should of kept that modifier. It fit the role of the tank
3 May 2019, 18:52 PM

pintle mg cost munitions, it’s like saying mg 42 green beat rifle with zook
Comet is still faster than p4 and both crush much better

Yes, thank you, it can crush infantry better, incredibly useful.

I've paid 200 manpower + 50 fuel to unlock Hammer, then 500 manpower + 185 fuel for a tank that has less AI than a P4 (same aoe/scatter, similar hull mg's, but no pintle mg and +0,7s rof) that still gets clubbered by a Panther (-160 HP, -50 pen, +0,8s rof, -5 range, for slightly more armor and speed).

Now we can either buff the AT of the Comet and create unstoppable Comet/Firefly combo's or we can buff it's AI as befits an expensive general purpose tank with worse AT than a Panther. Most would agree something has to be done.
3 May 2019, 19:09 PM

Yes, thank you, it can crush infantry better, incredibly useful.

I've paid 200 manpower + 50 fuel to unlock Hammer, then 500 manpower + 185 fuel for a tank that has less AI than a P4 (same aoe/scatter, similar hull mg's, but no pintle mg and +0,7s rof) that still gets clubbered by a Panther (-160 HP, -50 pen, +0,8s rof, -5 range, for slightly more armor and speed).

Now we can either buff the AT of the Comet and create unstoppable Comet/Firefly combo's or we can buff it's AI as befits an expensive general purpose tank with worse AT than a Panther. Most would agree something has to be done.
I already posted my opinion above, it’s just false saying the Cromwell or the comet are bad in ai, again it’s just a scaled down tiger
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★