Login

russian armor

Soviet General Faction Changes - New cmdr mod 5.0

PAGES (24)down
26 Apr 2019, 05:51 AM

I love conscript buff

but Guard rifle should be nerf for balance

They must not be able to equip both weapons at the same time(DP 28 and PTRS)

buff cons + OP guard is too strong
26 Apr 2019, 07:23 AM

Pretty sure this is past 10 range, right?

Yes it is, my bad. The cover bonusses do apply there, I thought you were talking about the next test with the Panzergrenadiers closing in to within the 10 range threshold.

26 Apr 2019, 08:01 AM

or they could use guard mossin and keep the stv

We've been over guard mosin, it would turn cons into 6 man grens able to alpha strike one model almost always.

Come on man you are better than that.

Hush, I'm going to pull that leg.

On a more serious note, no solution other then actual weapon upgrade will be able to improve cons at close and mid range without giving them too much at long range.

Cooldown and reload buff doesn't so much for them up close, but changes into massive bonus at range.

Also LMG grens were already losing vs 7 man cons without that cooldown change, so its not that cons get too much DPS buff out of that cover bonus, they simply become durable enough to outlast them.

The only question which remains is, how should gren-con dynamic play out in late game, which squad should be independent and which not and very long 1v1 shootouts, when the 7th man upgrade arrive, will be very rare due to amount of all the extra units able to assist one side or the other.

If the 7th man would arrive as early as LMG/StG, it'd be very concerned with its performance.
And again, if 7th man proves too hard to balance, I'm still up for giving them stock SVT upgrade, these 3-4 rifles aren't going to do much for long range and are enough of a boost for mid/close range to justify them.
26 Apr 2019, 08:01 AM

Lets remember that to an upgraded conscript beat a lmg gren they MUST be in cover which synergies very well with their kit of sandbags and tripwire mines, even molotovs. Otherwise is almost impossible conscripts to win the matchup without spending munitions.
BUT
I would nerf it from 50% to 35% and should be enough.
This synergy is what conscripts lacked for years.

MY QUESTION IS
Do they keep the bonus if merged with other units?
26 Apr 2019, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 08:01 AMBizrock
Lets remember that to an upgraded conscript beat a lmg gren they MUST be in cover which synergies very well with their kit of sandbags and tripwire mines, even molotovs. Otherwise is almost impossible conscripts to win the matchup without spending munitions.
BUT
I would nerf it from 50% to 35% and should be enough.
This synergy is what conscripts lacked for years.

MY QUESTION IS
Do they keep the bonus if merged with other units?

It is a squad ability and not an entity ability so no.
26 Apr 2019, 08:28 AM

If 7th con causes so much troubles, why don't just replace him by medic with pistole? No dpf buff, onle healing out of combat.
26 Apr 2019, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 08:28 AMMaret
If 7th con causes so much troubles, why don't just replace him by medic with pistole? No dpf buff, onle healing out of combat.

Because durability alone doesn't cut it at all, if it did, current cons would be fine.
26 Apr 2019, 08:38 AM

Conscript already vet faster and bleed less with the upgrade they do not need to actually win firefights. Causing more bleed is enough.

Test giving them "hit the dirt" with upgrade, that will further reduce their bleed.

Imo it high time we stop increase the DPS of every unit out there.
26 Apr 2019, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 08:38 AMVipper
Conscript already vet faster and bleed less with the upgrade they do not need to actually win firefights. Causing more bleed is enough.

Test giving them "hit the dirt" with upgrade, that will further reduce their bleed.

If they are not going to win fights, then they are redundant squad that nobody will use.

Look at grens.
They are supposed to be always be used in combined arms way, because that's how the faction is intended to be used, yet they are perfectly capable of winning engagements on their own.

If that doesn't get to you, feel free to drop the discussion as you clearly are incapable of seeing the problem and the reason why the changes are happening.
26 Apr 2019, 08:42 AM

The problem is that I don't know if conscripts should be called a main infantry like Grenadiers. I actually don't know conscripts role. Soviet facton is very weird. Conscripts are "support" and Penals(criminals) are your main infatry, very bizarre.
26 Apr 2019, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 08:40 AMKatitof

If they are not going to win fights, then they are redundant squad that nobody will use.

Look at grens.
They are supposed to be always be used in combined arms way, because that's how the faction is intended to be used, yet they are perfectly capable of winning engagements on their own.

If that doesn't get to you, feel free to drop the discussion as you clearly are incapable of seeing the problem and the reason why the changes are happening.

I see that once more you are trying to challenge me to an intellectual duel but I don't dual with unarmed men.
Have a nice day
BB

(PS suggestion: load and play the game before making balance suggestions.)
26 Apr 2019, 08:45 AM

And I see that you're still focusing on wrong things, wearing that Sonic the Hedgehog suit and running away as fast as possible from any inconvenience you face.
26 Apr 2019, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 08:42 AMBizrock
The problem is that I don't know if conscripts should be called a main infantry like Grenadiers. I actually don't know conscripts role. Soviet facton is very weird. Conscripts are "support" and Penals(criminals) are your main infatry, very bizarre.

I know it is hard to believe because the maxim is bad, but T2 builds do exist. What, are soviets supposed to just not have any mainline unless they pick T1?

Penals were never supposed to be that but cons have been so bad for so long that the only way to make T1 viable was to let Penals stand on their own and give them AT.

The latter is still needed to keep T1 from getting roflstomped by light vehicle play, but penals still lack any identity as an assault/demolitions squad.
26 Apr 2019, 09:36 AM

I know it is hard to believe because the maxim is bad, but T2 builds do exist. What, are soviets supposed to just not have any mainline unless they pick T1?

Penals were never supposed to be that but cons have been so bad for so long that the only way to make T1 viable was to let Penals stand on their own and give them AT.

The latter is still needed to keep T1 from getting roflstomped by light vehicle play, but penals still lack any identity as an assault/demolitions squad.

That is simply false.

Penal could stand on their just fine before they where buffed.

And no conscript are not that either, they are simply not cost efficient vs ST44 VGs.
26 Apr 2019, 09:49 AM

Kat just 3 guard mossin would be enough not 6
26 Apr 2019, 09:59 AM

6 guard mosins and a much smaller accuracy bonus mean that we could give conscripts their weapon slots back

With a terrible vet bonus to accuracy BUT a better base gun at vet 2, they are poor with stolen weapons, as is befitting of conscripts, and letting them have a pair is fine.

If the PPSH and PTRS are a bit weak because of it we can always give them an extra one of each and have then take both slots.
26 Apr 2019, 10:03 AM

Not really.
Their DPS improvement over con mosins is minimal.
~0.4 DPS at all ranges.

You really believe an "improvement" of 1.2 DPS would make a difference?
26 Apr 2019, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 10:03 AMKatitof
Not really.
Their DPS improvement over con mosins is minimal.
~0.4 DPS at all ranges.

You really believe an "improvement" of 1.2 DPS would make a difference?

It would serve no purpose, as 0.4 DPS at all ranges is pretty much what they get with the current cover bonus (but for six rifles plus an extra model so more DPS in total) and it is considered slightly too powerful already. If the cover bonus is toned down slightly it would probably result in pretty much the same DPS increase as 3x Guards Mosin would give.
26 Apr 2019, 10:46 AM

Just mentioning this, the M5 halftruck can only take one 7 man conscript squad and nothing else (not even a different squad).

Also, the wehrmacht expert AI ( prob check others too) is messed up. They seem to be stuck in a endless loop of spamming pioneers and mgs.
26 Apr 2019, 10:53 AM

The Guard's Mosin is extremely good on the move and Conscript with it would be OP on the move.

If this weapon is moved to Conscripts the moving accuracy needs to go down.

PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS