Login

russian armor

Soviet General Faction Changes - New cmdr mod 5.0

PAGES (24)down
24 Apr 2019, 20:45 PM

I'm looking at this buff and thinking: isnt giving conscripts guard mosins and a bit of RA buff/reinforecement decrease is cleaner way of buffing them compared to 7th man, cover modifier and shared exp?
24 Apr 2019, 20:46 PM

SVT package would give much more power early and mid game. Same for PPSH upgrade. 7th men at tier 4 gives more power late game. It's a timing investment rather than a DPS investment. It might need tweaks but this principle is pretty solid, imo.

Wouldn’t you just get penals if you want the early game punch, then build cost effective conscripts later?

Agreed in general though. I think the maxim treatment will also play a role in this.
24 Apr 2019, 20:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 20:45 PMKirrik
I'm looking at this buff and thinking: isnt giving conscripts guard mosins and a bit of RA buff/reinforecement decrease is cleaner way of buffing them compared to 7th man, cover modifier and shared exp?

Guards Mosins have the issue of stacking much better on Conscripts as they deal 16 damage I believe. Combined with their accuracy modifiers they would be able to burst models too quickly. You never notice this on Guards because many cases they only have 2 Mosins.
24 Apr 2019, 20:49 PM

Wouldn’t you just get penals if you want the early game punch, then build cost effective conscripts later?

Cons would give a much faster start, and would be able to be upgraded to near-Penal performance for lower MP cost while being more numerous pretty soon after. Lower MP costs would synergise better with the Airborne Guards and the Rally Point.

Most of all, I think all the options are pretty similar in overal strength and give the player a choice to use whatever strat they like the most - which would be great. The new OKW commander does the same.
24 Apr 2019, 20:58 PM

-When upgraded with Mobilize Reserves, weapon cooldown and reload on Mosin Nagant rifles is reduced by 50% when in cover.

So now upgrade in cover will be able to get:

0.5 CD +0.5Reload + 1 entity
and another:
Fight to the Death +20% weapon accuracy and 0.5 cooldown
Stand Your Ground -30% received accuracy and -10% received damage
For Mother Russia +50% accuracy
Hit the Dirt -10% received damage, -20% accuracy

Forward HQ Inspiration +0.25 armor, +50% accuracy
Inspire: Infantry cooldowns reduced by 20%
that can be combined in one comamnder

Now unless all these combination are tested thoroughly I would suggest the focus remain on commanders and the changes to conscripts are postpone...
24 Apr 2019, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 20:58 PMVipper
-When upgraded with Mobilize Reserves, weapon cooldown and reload on Mosin Nagant rifles is reduced by 50% when in cover.

and another:

Now unless all these combination are tested thoroughly I would suggest the focus remain on commanders and the changes to conscripts are postpone...

Damn, it might be almost as powerful as what axis command units can put out CONSTANTLY for ALL infantry units, sometimes even for allied ones, which somehow you've never mentioned before despite it all being stronger/permanent aura buffs on stronger infantries.

Also how hit the dirt is being mentioned here?
Is it now default vet1 ability?
Wasn't it tied to PPSH upgrade?
24 Apr 2019, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 20:58 PMVipper

and another:

Don’t the UKF get a command vehicle on top of cover bonuses?
24 Apr 2019, 21:13 PM

Guards Mosins have the issue of stacking much better on Conscripts as they deal 16 damage I believe. Combined with their accuracy modifiers they would be able to burst models too quickly. You never notice this on Guards because many cases they only have 2 Mosins.

Same changes that were applied to con mosins could be done to guard mosins, as long as DPS curve remains same.
24 Apr 2019, 21:20 PM

So all this work for late game cons, is there anything in the work for the entire rest of the game leading up to that less the first 4 minutes, or is the idea: mediocre->absolutely a waste of population and manpower->valiant defenders of the motherland? Can we just refit and refuel them so we don't have an actually useless squad between enemy weapon upgrades and fielding our our own armour?
24 Apr 2019, 21:22 PM

Tested them. They actually gets experience super fast now, so there’s even less reason to build them early on. There are still a few derps with getting in cover. Overall they become really useful, but after T4.
24 Apr 2019, 21:24 PM

I think this change is meaningless. This is a late game change, the game will be full of tanks, artillery, rocket artillery. And this whole system with cover is bad - the cover on the map will be destroyed and the conscripts will be addicted to sandbags, they become an ideal target. There is no sense in motionless conscripts, if their main goal is to throw a grenade, that is, they should be in the center of events. If you need to cover the point - the machine gun will do it better. All you had to do was leave six people and give them an improved Mosin rifle.
24 Apr 2019, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 21:04 PMKatitof

Damn, it might be almost as powerful as what axis command units can put out CONSTANTLY for ALL infantry units, sometimes even for allied ones, which somehow you've never mentioned before despite it all being stronger/permanent aura buffs on stronger infantries.

Dear Katitof
Once more PLS do not quote me unless what you post is a response to what I have posted. It is misleading since it creates the impression that have made claims that I have not made.

I have not claim that these combos are powerful, I have simply pointed out that they need testing.

Unless you have test them and can share the results PLS do not quote me.

Pls stop trying to pick a fight, I have very little interest.
Bye bye and
Have a nice day.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2019, 21:04 PMKatitof

NO that information is simply wrong. Hit the dirt is merge with PPsh upgrade but it is not tied to it.

Hit the dirt is available with or without PPsh. It can be used with 7 entities conscripts. Now instead of forcing me to correct you pls load the game (or even play a game) and check before asking these questions.
24 Apr 2019, 21:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I think this change is meaningless. This is a late game change, the game will be full of tanks, artillery, rocket artillery. And this whole system with cover is bad - the cover on the map will be destroyed and the conscripts will be addicted to sandbags, they become an ideal target. There is no sense in motionless conscripts, if their main goal is to throw a grenade, that is, they should be in the center of events. If you need to cover the point - the machine gun will do it better. All you had to do was leave six people and give them an improved Mosin rifle.

Use the yellow cover that is littered everywhere late game, the bonus is not locked to heavy cover.
24 Apr 2019, 22:14 PM
Patrion 26

Is it possible to add a UKF style icon to them as part of the upgrade, so you know when the buff is active? (for when only some of the squad are in crator cover, etc, as they are 7 man).

Also, it might be worth speeding up the molotov throw, especially now that the US have them and actually throw them at a decent speed, rather than in slow motion.
25 Apr 2019, 00:51 AM

Is it possible to add a UKF style icon to them as part of the upgrade, so you know when the buff is active? (for when only some of the squad are in crator cover, etc, as they are 7 man).

Also, it might be worth speeding up the molotov throw, especially now that the US have them and actually throw them at a decent speed, rather than in slow motion.

It currently shows a sword on the shield icon for those with the 7man upgrade.
25 Apr 2019, 02:11 AM
Patrion 26

It currently shows a sword on the shield icon for those with the 7man upgrade.

Thanks, I didn't notice it when I tried them. That's great.
25 Apr 2019, 08:58 AM

No matter how hard I try, I do not find these changes useful for me. In defense, motionless conscripts are easy targets. In the offensive, seven people are difficult to find good cover, and if these are two squad it is very difficult, plus two units like to interfere with each other. So even with these changes for me, conscripts will remain one squad for throwing AT grenades.
25 Apr 2019, 09:01 AM

No matter how hard I try, I do not find these changes useful for me. In defense, motionless conscripts are easy targets. In the offensive, seven people are difficult to find good cover, and if these are two squad it is very difficult, plus two units like to interfere with each other. So even with these changes for me, conscripts will remain one squad for throwing AT grenades.

Defence will be sufficient here, in late game cover is literally everywhere anyway, so its not an issue and for offence you'll just pick PPSH or penals.
25 Apr 2019, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2019, 09:01 AMKatitof

Defence will be sufficient here, in late game cover is literally everywhere anyway, so its not an issue and for offence you'll just pick PPSH or penals.

It is, this late game. In which at every step - tanks, artillery, rocket artillery, Brummbar. Staying motionless to be effective will be very difficult, so this eliminates the whole positive effect.
25 Apr 2019, 09:20 AM

It is, this late game. In which at every step - tanks, artillery, rocket artillery, Brummbar. Staying motionless to be effective will be very difficult, so this eliminates the whole positive effect.

You do not have to be motionless you can get the bonuses if you are moving in cover.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS