Login

russian armor

Falls should need munition to upgrade fg42

15 Apr 2019, 07:05 AM

It's op and spammy without the need to pay munition. All elite troops need extra munition to upgrade to be useful except falls. Even ober get fixed, so falls should not be an exception.
15 Apr 2019, 07:15 AM

Pgrens also don't need ammunitions.
How about buffing the FG42 so one is as potent as 4 and reduce the FG42s in a squad to 1, but give it a ammo cost.
This way they dont get rekt by losing a model and 25% of their DPS but they arent so strong right right off the bat.
15 Apr 2019, 08:48 AM

Meh. They need to air drop in so I think it's fine. Back when they "infiltrated" I was right there with you but right now it's doing what it was designed to do

Also shocks need no upgrades, nor assault guards or commandos or pgrens or pathfinders
15 Apr 2019, 09:06 AM

Paratroopers don't drop with LMGs

Infiltration commandos had their model count nerfed and their grenade on a cooldown

JLI can't rear line drop at all any more

Falls remain the one single unit that can arrive behind your expected lines with full (and a shit ton of) dps. It's incongruous, though I don't know if fixing it is really a priority.
15 Apr 2019, 09:22 AM

Infiltration commandos had their model count nerfed and their grenade on a cooldown

JLI can't rear line drop at all any more

Falls remain the one single unit that can arrive behind your expected lines with full (and a shit ton of) dps. It's incongruous, though I don't know if fixing it is really a priority.

That claim is simply inaccurate. Fall do not infiltrate like Infiltration commandos they are airdrop like paras and that is closer to normal commandos, that "can arrive behind your expected lines with full (and a shit ton of) dps"
15 Apr 2019, 09:41 AM

They're like Paras, I am told, in a post where I point a finger at Paras and the fact that they arrive with only carbines, and then need to upgrade to one of their two weapon options.

Commandos gliders do arrive with all their men but they also arrive in a glider that takes the better part of a minute to finally sail around the sky, giving all the early warning an enemy commander could ever need. They, like shocks, are also strictly CQC only, while Falls and other elite infantry enjoy huge amounts long range firepower.
15 Apr 2019, 09:41 AM

Even paths and commandos need to buy their upgrades, just fallies not..
15 Apr 2019, 09:44 AM

Stormtroopers are much more sneaky:
1. spawn out of house
2. get into cover
3. wait 10 seconds until mp40's are upgraded
4. congratulations, you now have one strongest smg squads on the enemy's retreat path!
5. kill that pesky sniper / mg crew

I'd say falls dropping in is much more obvious and gives enough time to deal with them, they're glass cannons after all.
15 Apr 2019, 09:46 AM

They're like Paras, I am told, in a post where I point a finger at Paras and the fact that they arrive with only carbines, and then need to upgrade to one of their two weapon options.

Commandos gliders do arrive with all their men but they also arrive in a glider that takes the better part of a minute to finally sail around the sky, giving all the early warning an enemy commander could ever need. They, like shocks, are also strictly CQC only, while Falls and other elite infantry enjoy huge amounts long range firepower.

Yet you in your post you compare them with infiltration commandos who use a different mechanism.

You simply have to face the fact that Commandos do fit your own description and your claim:
"Falls remain the one single unit that can arrive behind your expected lines with full (and a shit ton of) dps." is simply false.

Finally just because you choose a number of unique criteria that only a single unit fulfills does not automatically means that the unit is OP and it needs a nerf. One could make such a claim only if the unit was OP because of its unique design.
15 Apr 2019, 09:54 AM

You are the only one understand. It's stupid when falls can just beat non-upgrade paratroopers at max range while being cheaper. They scale up extremely well with its long range fire power and vet. Simply CQC unit like commando and shocks are nowhere comparable. Thus, they need to sink some munition like paratroopers for their long range power.
15 Apr 2019, 10:23 AM

You are the only one understand. It's stupid when falls can just beat non-upgrade paratroopers at max range while being cheaper. They scale up extremely well with its long range fire power and vet. Simply CQC unit like commando and shocks are nowhere comparable. Thus, they need to sink some munition like paratroopers for their long range power.

Commandoes and Shocks are indeed nowhere comparable since they're assault units, and Falls are a glass cannon 4 man squad. Their Vet bonuses are mediocre, with minimal combat bonuses in the first two levels.

Falls are already hardly used, since the rest of the commander is balls. Nerfing Falls (which are the only thing good about the Commander) would make the commander downright unusable.

If I see Falls I'm usually rejoicing, because that means no infiltration nades and no Command Panther.
15 Apr 2019, 10:30 AM

I don't think Falls are any good and they don't need nerfing, or we'd see them being used even less than they are now. If dropping behind enemy lines and wiping things on retreat is a problem they can spawn with Kar 98Ks and upgrade to the FG 42s for free. No need to put an ammunition cost on there.

Fallschirmjager are pretty good at all ranges which means that within the OKW roster, they don't really have a place IMO. Doesn't help that they are in a pretty meh doctrine either or that their weapon DPS profile takes a -25% hit whenever a model drops.

At mid range, STG Volks are probably more cost effective.
At long range, LMG Obers are much better for roughly the same cost.
At close range, IR STG Obers are much better for roughly the same cost.

Falls only really stand out at anything when they're using Valiant Assault.

15 Apr 2019, 10:52 AM
15 Apr 2019, 10:58 AM

commando exist
15 Apr 2019, 12:42 PM

4 man elite squad that will struggle not to be 1 shot by mortars, katys, sherman HE, and a plethora of other items...

At least Commandos are 5 man, and Rangers/Para's are 5 man. You may need to pay for the upgrade, but I'll pay for an upgrade if you give me 5 man falls. The state of this game puts 4 man squads at a disavantage, so giving them high DPS is not the worst way to solve that. But if you're going to make Falls pay, you need to improve them somewhere else.

That doctrine is very lack luster, the recons cheap, but so fast your allies can barely use it for call ins. The sector attack is meh compared to the costs of others (what it need is an IL-2 bomb/STUKA for anti-arty meta). It has no main tank call in, the unit itself is pricy, and the rest of it is just lack luster. I can't usually go it in team games anyways, Flare is too important.
15 Apr 2019, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 12:42 PMKharn
4 man elite squad that will struggle not to be 1 shot by mortars, katys, german HE, and a plethora of other items...

At least Commandos are 5 man, and Rangers/Para's are 5 man. You may need to pay for the upgrade, but I'll pay for an upgrade if you give me 5 man falls.

Axis is not allowed to have 5 men elite infantry. This will upset the allies to much
15 Apr 2019, 13:09 PM

I would say Falls should be similar to Paratroopers weapon upgrade wise but to be honest the Luftwaffe commander isn't picked allot majority of the time.
15 Apr 2019, 13:49 PM

Which would be a little awkward if you wanted Thompson paras wouldn't it?
15 Apr 2019, 13:51 PM

Axis is not allowed to have 5 men elite infantry. This will upset the allies to much

I don't revive the Falls to have 5 or 6 people, but then FG-42 should be reworked: it is long to become a BAR analog, 5-6 people with KAR98K and two FG-42, FG-42 was made in very small quantities and KAK98K It was still the main weapon of the German paratroopers, the FG-42 served mainly the same role as the BAR - a light support weapon.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS