Login

russian armor

State of Tank Balance

9 Apr 2019, 10:51 AM

I don't recall this nerf at all, please link to the patch.

Spring balance update(last year) reduced penetration, reload time, increased accuracy and nerfed barrage.
However I'm unsure now of the pen changes as it is in preview notes, but doesn't appear in patch thread, wouldn't be the first time.
9 Apr 2019, 11:04 AM

Spring balance update(last year) reduced penetration, reload time, increased accuracy and nerfed barrage.

Pen change was in a preview but it was reverted before final patch was released.
9 Apr 2019, 11:05 AM

I stand corrected then.
Other changes, like reload are still relevant tho.
9 Apr 2019, 11:20 AM

kat i think the cruzz stats just miss the last pacth or 2 not 2 year
9 Apr 2019, 11:24 AM

kat i think the cruzz stats just miss the last pacth or 2 not 2 year

25.05.2017, every update since that is not included.
9 Apr 2019, 11:49 AM

I was sure the pen got nerfed also. Wasn't the idea to reduce its effectiveness against heavier armour because masses were so strong?
9 Apr 2019, 12:30 PM

That information is simply wrong.

According to Cruzz file:
brummbar_squad_mp
AOE

AOE Radius 6
Distance near 0.625
Distance mid 1.25
Distance far 6

Which was actually patched in Update: 17th of May 2018
Brummbar
The Brummbar is having its AOE adjusted to reduce its ability to wipe out full health units on the first shot, but still able to deal significant damage on misses.
• AOE distance changed from 1.25/2.5/3.75 to 0.625/1.25/6; applies to both auto-attack and bunker-buster
• AOE damage changed from 1/0.3/0.05 to 1/0.35/0.2; applies to both auto-attack and bunker-buster
9 Apr 2019, 12:31 PM

Wrong. It's just this date which wasnt updated. The rest of it is up to date exclusing the last commander patch.
9 Apr 2019, 12:56 PM

The IS2 is a very double edged sword. It sucks at vet 0 and vet 1. It becomes potent at vet 2 and very good at vet 3. Getting it to vet 3 however, that is perhaps the worst type of battle you will have to fight with it..

The problem here is that most comparisons are done in vacuums. If you nerf Allied tank destroyers range, then their increased penetration means for nothing when facing tanks that have equal range. If you nerf their penetration, their increased range will be pretty lackluster. They also have lower armor and health than their counterparts, meaning that they will get stomped. On the other hand, their current performance is too good vs Axis heavies because the allied infantry can also snowball pretty hard especially 5 men tommies and double bar riflemen. It is the synergy that these high range and high penetration tank destroyers provide with the infantry that is problematic. OKW can do the same, but here allied tank destroyers and strong infantry can provide a counter. For ostheer however, things get rough.

The mediums don't really have a balance issue if you ask me, apart from the t34/76 being basically an anti infantry tank. If we talk about good synergetic tank destroyers that could be an example on how to fix double edged allied tank destroyers, it would be the stug. This unit is very good, especially with vet. But, it has range limitations and health/armor limitations. It is a very good glass cannon if you could say it so. That is how all tank destroyers should be, but in their own way (for example more range traded with less damage or whatever).

Heavies will never be fixed I fear. Because by the time these heavy late game units show up, you will have at least one vetted tank destroyer on the field or multiple that will feast on it for veterancy. This goes for all factions.
9 Apr 2019, 13:02 PM

I was sure the pen got nerfed also. Wasn't the idea to reduce its effectiveness against heavier armour because masses were so strong?

IIRC the stated issue was having free barrages on a critical mass of them where you could both keep the enemy armor at arms length and counter AT guns with the massed barrages.

And to be honest, prior to the patch I often found myself skipping SU85s just because of the utility you got from the free barrages. 2 Su76 were more potent then a single SU85 for less cost factoring tech and gave you anti infantry options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 19
unknown 4
unknown 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %