russian armor

Ostheer off map arty is trash.

25 Mar 2019, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:12 PMVipper

That is incorrect.

Anniversary Classic Mini Balance Update

-Bunker Buster Barrage second and third shot scatter distance from 2.5 to 9
-Bunker Buster second and third shot scatter from 6 to 10

and where exactly did the Brummbar shell AoE get changed???
25 Mar 2019, 17:21 PM

I personally love railway arty for the fact its god damn railway. It could however use one or 2 additional shells per barrage like usf 240mm barrage. And 75 mm barrage is actually real beast. It comes pretty quickly and those shells really shred infantry caught in barrage. Also the low 100 muni cost makes it really nicely affordable.
25 Mar 2019, 17:25 PM

and where exactly did the Brummbar shell AoE get changed???

Update: 17th of May 2018

Brummbar
The Brummbar is having its AOE adjusted to reduce its ability to wipe out full health units on the first shot, but still able to deal significant damage on misses.
• AOE distance changed from 1.25/2.5/3.75 to 0.625/1.25/6; applies to both auto-attack and bunker-buster
• AOE damage changed from 1/0.3/0.05 to 1/0.35/0.2; applies to both auto-attack and bunker-buster

So it can scatter and do no damage at all.
25 Mar 2019, 17:48 PM

Permanently Banned
Exactly, aerafield for that reason it takes usually TWO shots (7 secs) to kill a at gun. I've said this A MILLION TIMES. The Brum is worse at clearing support weapons than croc, kv8, etc. yet it was triple nerfed. The allied flame tanks burn pak crew in 4 secs flat.
25 Mar 2019, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:25 PMVipper

Update: 17th of May 2018

Brummbar
The Brummbar is having its AOE adjusted to reduce its ability to wipe out full health units on the first shot, but still able to deal significant damage on misses.
• AOE distance changed from 1.25/2.5/3.75 to 0.625/1.25/6; applies to both auto-attack and bunker-buster
• AOE damage changed from 1/0.3/0.05 to 1/0.35/0.2; applies to both auto-attack and bunker-buster

So it can scatter and do no damage at all.

yes, the far AoE got buffed hard, means it hits even if you "miss". With the old AoE, the scatter changes would be a big deal.

You can see that the AoE dmg multipliers got buffed across the board, only the close and mid AoE range got nerfed
25 Mar 2019, 18:06 PM

yes, the far AoE got buffed hard, means it hits even if you "miss". With the old AoE, the scatter changes would be a big deal.

You can see that the AoE dmg multipliers got buffed across the board, only the close and mid AoE range got nerfed

Since the scatter is larger than the AOE the unit can miss completely especially if the unit is moving.

This claim is factually false:
"nah the brummbar has such a large AoE it doesnt matter if the shell misses"
25 Mar 2019, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 18:06 PMVipper

Since the scatter is larger than the AOE the unit can miss completely especially if the unit is moving.

This claim is factually false:
"nah the brummbar has such a large AoE it doesnt matter if the shell misses"

go test it yourself, the only possible scenario for a brummbar doing no damage is if the brummbar and the target is moving
25 Mar 2019, 18:14 PM

go test it yourself, the only possible scenario for a brummbar doing no damage is if the brummbar and the target is moving

The numbers tell a different story, brumbar barrage can scatter up to 10 and the AOE is 6 it can miss.

And that is only distance, it can scatter another 10 (12.5 +25% for fog off war probably)angular.

While the auto attack can scatter up to 9 distance and another 6 angular.

25 Mar 2019, 18:28 PM

Frag bombs

For 180 munis, I expect more damage to tanks, for example the Soviet bombing run is very damaging to all units.

Frag bombs are really good are you kidding me? The soviet bombing run doesn't stun tanks when it hits them. It does more damage because its concentrated in a much smaller radius.

Unless you're talking about the IL2 AT strafe, which does stun tanks but does less damage than the frag bombs.

25 Mar 2019, 18:36 PM

Frag bombs

For 180 munis, I expect more damage to tanks, for example the Soviet bombing run is very damaging to all units.

Frag bombs are really good are you kidding me? The soviet bombing run doesn't stun tanks when it hits them. It does more damage because its concentrated in a much smaller radius.

Unless you're talking about the IL2 AT strafe, which does stun tanks but does less damage than the frag bombs.

Compare with I&R pathfinder arty, railway is a joke. Pathfinder arty comes down faster, its shells land in quicker succession, and the scatter is much tighter and the shells are almost as impactful as the railway arty shells, for only 140 munis.

Why would you compare artillery that needs a specific unit in range to artillery you can call in anywhere you have vision?

How do you not get bored of only caring about Ostheer? I don't understand
25 Mar 2019, 18:44 PM

the frag bomb plane is also twice as fast. It's much harder to dodge that ability
25 Mar 2019, 18:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Why would you compare artillery that needs a specific unit in range to artillery you can call in anywhere you have vision?

And that's your lame excuse why pathfinder arty should be better IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY IMAGINABLE?
25 Mar 2019, 19:14 PM

And that's your lame excuse why pathfinder arty should be better IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY IMAGINABLE?

Can you just try playing the other factions more man? It's impossible to have a productive conversation with you, it really is
25 Mar 2019, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 18:14 PMVipper

The numbers tell a different story, brumbar barrage can scatter up to 10 and the AOE is 6 it can miss.

A squad usually does not have all models in the place that is being targeted.
25 Mar 2019, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned

Can you just try playing the other factions more man? It's impossible to have a productive conversation with you, it really is

I've hundreds of allied games. Tell people like Outsider Sidaroth, who has a mere 15 games as axis, and Katitof and his merry band of allied fanboys to play more axis games. You hypocrite, you never chastise allied fanboys.
25 Mar 2019, 19:34 PM

I've hundreds of allied games. Tell people like Outsider Sidaroth, who has a mere 15 games as axis, and Katitof and his merry band of allied fanboys to play more axis games. You hypocrite, you never chastise allied fanboys.

Just saying that "x ability is crap, agree or you are biased Y factions fanboy" is argument you can not have proper talk with. Yes railway is not as good as say usf 240mm or ukf concentrated barrage, but it still has its own uses
25 Mar 2019, 19:37 PM

Just saying that "x ability is crap, agree or you are biased Y factions fanboy" is argument you can not have proper talk with. Yes railway is not as good as say usf 240mm or ukf concentrated barrage, but it still has its own uses

I disagree. Railway artillery allows you to land one shell exactly where you need it, wipes a field gun. Dead dead, not just decrewed.

The USF is a better area saturation but it also has no gaurentee to land any shells at all where you dropped the flare.

The UK one has changed a few times and I am honestly unsure exactly how it works now.
25 Mar 2019, 19:40 PM

Permanently Banned

I disagree. Railway artillery allows you to land one shell exactly where you need it, wipes a field gun. Dead dead, not just decrewed.

The USF is a better area saturation but it also has no gaurentee to land any shells at all where you dropped the flare.

The UK one has changed a few times and I am honestly unsure exactly how it works now.

U know what's funny? I recall in a few replays I've posted, stuka dive bomb can't completely wreck an at gun sometimes. For 200munis that's a bit sad. Not sure about railway since I rarely use the POS anymore.

By the way, a Stuka dive bomb should be able to 1 shot an unbraced emplacment. Emplacements are cheap, yet they survive. LOL
25 Mar 2019, 19:48 PM

Railway is the perfect blend of fuck you and area denial. You get to decide where the first shell lands which offers flexibility but also random scatter shells than can wipe squads and fuck up armour. It's the perfect combination for a versatile ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★