Login

russian armor

Ostheer off map arty is trash.

25 Mar 2019, 07:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Railway arty

200 munis for a single stuka bomb with the longest delay in terms on audio and visual cues. The 2nd and 3rd shells land so far off the target and the delay of those shells are also ridiculously long. Yes offense, if u get hit by the 2nd or 3rd and it's not an emplacement, u should uninstall the game immediately, you're that bad you're beyond saving.

Compare with I&R pathfinder arty, railway is a joke. Pathfinder arty comes down faster, its shells land in quicker succession, and the scatter is much tighter and the shells are almost as impactful as the railway arty shells, for only 140 munis.

Light arty barrage

Another joke of a barrage for 100 munis. Major arty is sometimes better than this expensive, doctrinal POS of an ability. The scatter is not very tight, and the shells are somewhat delayed.

Compare with cluster bombs for 110 munis. The shells literally GUARANTEE a wipe if u don't retreat in time. There is NO scatter. Way better than what Ost gets.

Frag bombs

For 180 munis, I expect more damage to tanks, for example the Soviet bombing run is very damaging to all units.

Stuka dive bomb

It was definately OP before, but now the kill radius is fairly small. Just revert cost to 160. As usual, Ost getting the short end of the stick and it was TRIPLE nerfed. Sound familiar? (Brum, Stug, etc.)

I know there will always be over and underpriced abilities but, it's clear that ALL OF THESE abilities are overpriced and I don't need to be an Ost fanboy to point out the cold, hard truth. Ost is a neglected faction which is why 80% of 1v1 axis are OKW.
25 Mar 2019, 07:49 AM

Railway arty

200 munis for a single stuka bomb with the longest delay in terms on audio and visual cues. The 2nd and 3rd shells land so far off the target and the delay of those shells are also ridiculously long. Yes offense, if u get hit by the 2nd or 3rd and it's not an emplacement, u should uninstall the game immediately, you're that bad you're beyond saving.

Compare with I&R pathfinder arty, railway is a joke. Pathfinder arty comes down faster, its shells land in quicker succession, and the scatter is much tighter and the shells are almost as impactful as the railway arty shells, for only 140 munis.

Light arty barrage

Another joke of a barrage for 100 munis. Major arty is sometimes better than this expensive, doctrinal POS of an ability. The scatter is not very tight, and the shells are somewhat delayed.

Compare with cluster bombs for 110 munis. The shells literally GUARANTEE a wipe if u don't retreat in time. There is NO scatter. Way better than what Ost gets.

Frag bombs

For 180 munis, I expect more damage to tanks, for example the Soviet bombing run is very damaging to all units.

Stuka dive bomb

It was definately OP before, but now the kill radius is fairly small. Just revert cost to 160. As usual, Ost getting the short end of the stick and it was TRIPLE nerfed. Sound familiar? (Brum, Stug, etc.)

I know there will always be over and underpriced abilities but, it's clear that ALL OF THESE abilities are overpriced and I don't need to be an Ost fanboy to point out the cold, hard truth. Ost is a neglected faction which is why 80% of 1v1 axis are OKW.

Don't compare it with IR path finder one. You don't need a squad on field to activate the artillery. Try to compare the railway arty with time on target which cost 180 munition then you will find it worth.
25 Mar 2019, 09:03 AM

But he is right...compare the cost with other offmap and look on the effectivness..and than come back and say again its ok.

its not ok...you must be braindead/ afk when you get hits by this loud slow incoming shells and even than...brits emplacments laugh about it
25 Mar 2019, 09:13 AM
Donator 11

Just the way it has to be, if Germans were a good balanced faction everyone would want to play them like in vanilla coh2. Only way to not have axis be 90% of the game search volume is to make them shit.
25 Mar 2019, 09:16 AM

Frag bombs

This ability is not meant to damage tanks. It is meant to completely obliterate infantry clusters and buildings. Which it does. It absolutely does.

I like using the Stuka Fragmentation Bombs with German Infantry doctrine but to be frank it is super overpowered on most team game maps (2s up to 4s) where the enemy will cluster (forward retreat points or turtling etc.) near the map borders. Near the map border the plane comes in really quick. The cluster bombs have a huge AOE and easily wipe squads. As a bonus it usually also oneshots Katyushas and Priests/Sextons.

Stuka Fragmentation Bombs is one of the most powerful offmaps in the game when used right and it does not deserve to be on this list.
25 Mar 2019, 09:20 AM

I think the comparisons are a bit off:
The butterfly bombs are inbetween the light arty barrage and the fragmentation bombs while the light arty barrage forces at guns to move earlier the fragmentation bombs can be used to wipe infantry units more reliable at the edge of the map as the plane arrives rather quick and the spread is closer. The fragmentation bombs can also be used to oneshot sextons or priests or simply stun tanks to allow your own units to go in and take some extra shots.
The IL-2 bombs are somewhere between the fragmentation bombs and the stuka dive bomb as they are able to destroy howitzers or do decent damage to tanks but they are less effective against infantry.
The Railway arty could get compared to the british or usf railway arty which gets more shells but isn't as accurate which usually makes it a great ml20 counter but otherwise only works against very slow players.
The Pathfinder arty is ridiculously good but bound to a unit (no cp which is an issue sometimes) and might get compared to the arty officer which can override cooldowns of artillery units and is similar "unbalanced"

But i do agree with the general statement that ostheer offmap artillery strikes could use a little love or some slight price reductions (as it is usally way better to spend munitions in any other way)
25 Mar 2019, 09:22 AM

railway arty is trash i agree

but other things are fine
25 Mar 2019, 10:06 AM

Are u sure that the kill radius of stuka dive bomb ever got nerfed?

The rest of your points is kind of legit but why you compare railway arty with pathfinder arty which is not a true offmap strike since you must have Pathfinders nearby. Brummbar bunker buster must be the most OP ability ever then, considering it's free and guarantees wipes on support weapons :foreveralone:

Stuka Dive and Frag Bombs dont need any buffs tho
25 Mar 2019, 10:29 AM

USF - P47 strafing run 120MU for a single pass machinegun.
Sov - 100MU for 30 fuel but let just fly from the enemy side so I can get shot more longer.
Sov - 90MU for low damage and 0% surpression effect 20mm. cannon
British - Sexton barrage ability on valentine tank but you need sexton and it ready barrage ability to use sexton barrage ability from valentine (WTF)
OKW - an overprice walking stuka barrage
25 Mar 2019, 10:57 AM

The rest of your points is kind of legit but why you compare railway arty with pathfinder arty which is not a true offmap strike since you must have Pathfinders nearby. Brummbar bunker buster must be the most OP ability ever then, considering it's free and guarantees wipes on support weapons :foreveralone:

The One Hit Kill radius for the Stuka Dive Bomb against infantry is way lower then it was before as it was a crit that insta killed all infantry in the circle before the latest change. Now it does around 35% Hp damage per infantry model at the outer ends of the ability but it is slightly better against tanks.

Taksin02s points are quite good aswell although the p47 mg run can wipe lone squads in cover near map edges and the fuel drop can boost the economy quite well and mess with some timings if the enemy lacks anti air.
But those are still ablilities that shoulc or could get changen in someway or another.
25 Mar 2019, 11:18 AM

you should also consider sector artillery (200mun or 225mun?)

it's way too expensive and situational (only usable in owned sectors, and since most sectors are quite small, it's usually very easy to simply leave the sector for a short while)
25 Mar 2019, 11:29 AM

you should also consider sector artillery (200mun or 225mun?)

it's way too expensive and situational (only usable in owned sectors, and since most sectors are quite small, it's usually very easy to simply leave the sector for a short while)

Sector artillery is actually OP, it works for all connected adjacent sectors.
25 Mar 2019, 11:32 AM

Railway arty

200MU for a gaurenteed wipe on a howitzer, and a huge area denial. As you say - it is very easy to avoid being in the area. But doing so means you have to vacate a massive section of the map, and sometimes you simply cannot afford that risk. For 200 MU it does what it needs to pretty fine, which is land one accurate shell and then run a gambit with your opponent about if they want to stay in the area or not.

As others have said, the IR pathfinder artillery is better against a single target but it also requires a unit to be on the field and pretty close to what you want to hit. Offmaps can be slung anywhere on the map that you have line of sight.

Light arty barrage

I've walked through cluster bombs and survived with squads, I've walked through light arty and survived with squads.

Both of them are very good counters to AT guns (and other weapon teams), doubly so if they moved together and parked together. I think this one is just confirmation bias.

I'm fairly certain the time for the light arty shells to land is lower than the butterfly bombs because of the parachute animation, but I will happily stand corrected if somebody wants to go and time it.

Frag bombs

It already does great damage to light vehicles. It won't do the same damage to heavy vehichles, but the area that it hits is substantially larger and it is much more dangaerous to infantry.

You pay less, you get something a little different, but its still good.

Stuka dive bomb

One shots on map field guns. If you want to do that without RNG, you need to pay big. 160 would be far too cheap for that alpha strike.
25 Mar 2019, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 11:29 AMVipper

Sector artillery is actually OP, it works for all connected adjacent sectors.

got to try it again then
25 Mar 2019, 13:10 PM

I agree railway arty is inconsistent and too expensive, same for the USF/UKF arty (forgot the name but works the same way with 3 shells in a radius). Stuka Dive bomber is fine, it was nerfed few patches ago and was well deserved.
25 Mar 2019, 16:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Wow have u heard of the Brum nerf? First shot is somewhat accurate, rest of the shots are way off the mark now. AKA worthless if you're just targetting a sole support weapon.
25 Mar 2019, 16:05 PM

Permanently Banned

Don't compare it with IR path finder one. You don't need a squad on field to activate the artillery. Try to compare the railway arty with time on target which cost 180 munition then you will find it worth.

Even time on target, which is a bit underpowered, is better because less scatter.
25 Mar 2019, 16:06 PM

Wow have u heard of the Brum nerf? First shot is somewhat accurate, rest of the shots are way off the mark now. AKA worthless if you're just targetting a sole support weapon.

nah the brummbar has such a large AoE it doesnt matter if the shell misses
25 Mar 2019, 16:16 PM

Stuka Dive Bomb is diabolical in team games where it can be used to absolutely control the VP situation and on multiple occasions (both for and against me) it's been used very effectively to do that. I actually think it's ability to knock the VP out is cheesy as hell. If it lost that ability, I think dropping it to the same muni cost as time-on-target would be fine.

It has no flare warning for 'certain' spotting it's used region, but it also is only one explosion instead of multiple shells so eh.
25 Mar 2019, 17:12 PM

nah the brummbar has such a large AoE it doesnt matter if the shell misses

That is incorrect.

Anniversary Classic Mini Balance Update

-Bunker Buster Barrage second and third shot scatter distance from 2.5 to 9
-Bunker Buster second and third shot scatter from 6 to 10
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L