Login

russian armor

New Commander Info: Creator Proposals and Discussion

14 Mar 2019, 14:58 PM

Kind of what I was thinking, essentially use the US Paratroopers as an example, Airborne Guards start off with SVTs and can upgrade to a PPSH SMG package or two DP LMGs.

Only there is little reason for a long range unit, since Guards with PTRS are already superior to LMG Paras (at least according to Bizrok)
14 Mar 2019, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 14:58 PMVipper

Only there is little reason for a long range unit, since Guards with PTRS are already superior to LMG Paras (at least according to Bizrok)
Is that with or without the DP upgrade?
14 Mar 2019, 15:38 PM

Is that with or without the DP upgrade?

You check the detail in his thread:
All units vet 3 cover DP upgraded and in "hit the ground" mode.
14 Mar 2019, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 14:58 PMVipper

You and I both know those tests are bonkers. Guards have about 18 far DPS (24 at vet 3) while LMG Paras have 26,5 far DPS (36 at vet 3) while having similar RA. Using Hit The Dirt only in a vacuum is unfair because the ability in a real match comes with several risks, though Paras will usually win even with it. Those results are highly unreliable.
14 Mar 2019, 15:50 PM

You and I both know those tests are bonkers. Guards have about 18 far DPS (24 at vet 3) while LMG Paras have 26,5 far DPS (36 at vet 3) while having similar RA. Using Hit The Dirt only in a vacuum is unfair because the ability in a real match comes with several risks.

I am simply point out an overlap between the suggested soviet airborne with 3 DPs and the regular Guards mentioning that tests conducted by Bizrock as an indication. If you do not trust the result I suggest you repeat them...

Hit the dirt should be taken into account since it used regularly and increases the DPS of the unit.

And what exactly would be the estimate performance of this unit? Ober level? Else normal Guard would probably be a better choice since the come earlier, have a snare and AT capabilities.
14 Mar 2019, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 15:50 PMVipper
And what exactly would be the estimate performance of this unit? Ober level? Else normal Guard would probably be a better choice since the come earlier, have a snare and AT capabilities.

I thought you said units in the same faction shouldn't compete with one another?
14 Mar 2019, 15:58 PM

I thought you said units in the same faction shouldn't compete with one another?

It seems you missed the point of what I posted. I said that when it comes to balance unit should balanced around what they facing (or a benchmark unit) and when it comes diversity units should bring different thing to the table.
14 Mar 2019, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 15:50 PMVipper

I am simply point out an overlap between the suggested soviet airborne with 3 DPs and the regular Guards mentioning that tests conducted by Bizrock as an indication. If you do not trust the result I suggest you repeat them...

Hit the dirt should be taken into account since it used regularly and increases the DPS of the unit.

2 DPs is enough really.
14 Mar 2019, 16:21 PM

2 DPs is enough really.

two DP-27s will really be enough, given that they are most likely to be a buff, and they need a buff - this is the worst LMG in the game.
14 Mar 2019, 16:33 PM

two DP-27s will really be enough, given that they are most likely to be a buff, and they need a buff - this is the worst LMG in the game.

Regardless of the performance of the DP itself Guards themselves are a very powerful long range unit.

On has to look at the whole package.
14 Mar 2019, 16:41 PM

Still sad the USF Command that won is just basically going to be a mixed breed of Armor and HC.
14 Mar 2019, 17:00 PM

Still sad the USF Command that won is just basically going to be a mixed breed of Armor and HC.

Unfortunately, because all these new commanders are ersatz new commanders. The time that was spent from the announcement of new commanders (more than eight months have passed, the British faction was made in a year), it was possible to make really new unique abilities and units: to make real Soviet Paratroopers and Paratrooper tank (T-38, T-40) , make Sherman Jumbo or Super Pershing for USA, etc. Well, this is at least some kind of new content.
14 Mar 2019, 17:20 PM

Unfortunately, because all these new commanders are ersatz new commanders. The time that was spent from the announcement of new commanders (more than eight months have passed, the British faction was made in a year), it was possible to make really new unique abilities and units: to make real Soviet Paratroopers and Paratrooper tank (T-38, T-40) , make Sherman Jumbo or Super Pershing for USA, etc. Well, this is at least some kind of new content.

Soviet Paratroopers or British Lend Lease sound more exciting than stuff like.
Armor but with Rangers/Calliope.
14 Mar 2019, 19:42 PM

Soviet Paratroopers or British Lend Lease sound more exciting than stuff like.
Armor but with Rangers/Calliope.

Unless there is still some unused assets for Ardennes Assault, I don’t think much else could have been added for Americans. Maybe some new arty or air strikes abilities.
14 Mar 2019, 19:53 PM

Unless there is still some unused assets for Ardennes Assault, I don’t think much else could have been added for Americans. Maybe some new arty or air strikes abilities.

I just think the other concept could have been more creative and exciting.
Maybe even have Paratroopers in some other form.
14 Mar 2019, 20:24 PM

I just think the other concept could have been more creative and exciting.
Maybe even have Paratroopers in some other form.

Maybe Gliders of some kind?
14 Mar 2019, 20:31 PM

You and I both know those tests are bonkers.

Another huge deal, imo, is that Paras and Obers can fire their MGs on the move. I don't think squads trading shots at max range in cover without moving is very accurate to how firefights work in the game. DPS charts and effective health is good enough for me.
14 Mar 2019, 21:01 PM

PPSH Guards better be worth the cost cause at the moment they are underwhelming.
14 Mar 2019, 21:08 PM

With usf we really should look for things the ardennes assault has. Like the hunker down ability, cache supply points, man the defenses and (i have repeated this one too much like a parrot) rifle satchel charges.
14 Mar 2019, 21:16 PM

With usf we really should look for things the ardennes assault has. Like the hunker down ability, cache supply points, man the defenses and (i have repeated this one too much like a parrot) rifle satchel charges.

Maybe you could also look at axis abilities that fit to the theme of Urban Assault:
3CP - Infiltration Tactics come to mind, would give US access to grenades to clear houses without the need to tech for it. Sector Assault from OKW's Breakthrough could also be interesting (reworked of course) because of the mix of shells and smoke.

About Soviet Airborne:
An Air Assault Engineer unit is not used by other factions although these units were always part of the first wave. Could be an interesting alternative. Air Assault Guard Engineers could be the only airborne unit with access to flamethrower then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★