Login

russian armor

Statistical Oddities

22 Feb 2019, 10:25 AM

Looking through some of the stats here https://coh2db.com/stats/ and I found a few things that were interesting to me. Maybe they've been pointed out here before, but they are new to me anyway.

Guards Rifle Infantry rifles:

These have THE best on the move damage ratios of probably any infantry in the game. At range 20, while on the move guard mosins do nearly 90% of the damage they would have done while stationary dropping to just over 80% at close range. This is presumably to counteract the fact so many models have to carry stationary weapons but it could also have some utility in re crewing team weapons?

Edit: G43s have superior on the move damage ratios to guards, thanks to elchino for pointing them out.

Universal Carrier stock MG:

The bren the universal carrier comes default equipped with has a weapon profile more like an infantry LMG than a vehicle LMG, from 11.39 dps at long range going down to 6.3 at melee. This means the universal carrier is best utilized at near maximum range if you want to increase its damage output and can actually make chasing down retreating troops a bit awkward if you follow too closely. Interestingly the vickers MG upgrade has a reverse damage curve which results in the UC having no optimum damage zone. While I like the idea of having a long range light vehicle, I think I would prefer if the vickers and bren shared similar damage curves to more clearly define its optimum range.

Edit: If you are facing the universal carrier, this means you want to close the distance rather than attempting to shoot it out at range.

M16 quad 50cal halftrack:

Although the damage output against infantry while stationary is decent, the damage on the move is absolutely terrible. At close range the stationary dps is 36.528 but on the move it's 5.592(!) or 15%. This is atrocious. To put into perspective, the M5 WITHOUT upgrades while moving has a close range dps of 9.934, almost 80% more damage than the quad!

The reason for this is the penalties it has while on the move: -75% accuracy and -50% burst length(!), most vehicle weapons simply suffer a -50% accuracy. The burst length reduction may be so that the quad is less effective at trading with a 222 but in my opinion, combining that with such a huge accuracy penalty severely damages its utility beyond AA duty.

I would like to suggest lowing the mobile accuracy penalty from -75% to -25%. Combined with the -50% burst duration this will still mean the m16 has an above average damage penalty but not so bad that its a DOWNGRADE from the stock version.

These are just some of the anomalies I've noticed. If you guys have seen any other strange stats, I'd be curious to see them as well.
22 Feb 2019, 10:31 AM

Quad was nerf butchered as there was a time when players actually used it instead of T-70 and we certainly couldn't have that, so it was made into maxim on wheels and tracks.
22 Feb 2019, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 10:31 AMKatitof
Quad was nerf butchered as there was a time when players actually used it instead of T-70 and we certainly couldn't have that, so it was made into maxim on wheels and tracks.

I remember the Quad use to be insane. Pretty sure it was one of those units buffed into being op and then nerfed into irrelevance.
22 Feb 2019, 11:18 AM

I remember the Quad use to be insane. Pretty sure it was one of those units buffed into being op and then nerfed into irrelevance.

It never used to wreck units. But it did used to be a suppression monster.

Naturally, when nerfing the Soviets, only a sledgehammer will do.
22 Feb 2019, 13:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-In fact you are wrong about Guards been the "best" with on the move dmg ratio profile. That still belongs to the G43 upgrade for either faction.

-M3A3 rear gun should be doing more damage than the front one.

-IF all vehicle weapon stats are parsed correctly, there are several inconsistencies regarding the "damage all in hold". When set to true, a vehicle hitting a garrison should do it's far damage to all models despite the location the shell is hitting.

For example: JT/ELE/Su76/Su85 are set to false. All other type of TD and tank hunters are set to true (Stug-G, JPIV, Jackson, M10, PV, Puma, Firefly, Aec, etc.)
For normal tanks, i think PIV for some reason is set to false.

-Several inconsistencies regarding friendly fire for similar caliber or type of weapon.

Several inconsistencies regarding different weapons damage against cover.
-Pios and RE SMGs are the only small arm weapons with a different profile against garrison for no apparent reason (which i can remember justified in any dev comment or patch notes). This does not count IR STGs.
-All infantry based flamethrowers deal extra damage against heavy cover n garrison. Vehicle based ones only do it against garrison. FHT does no bonus dmg (probably part of the balance changes done accounting it has 2 of them). Grenade flame ones only do it against garrison as well.
-USF Pack Howitzer is a strange one. The barrage has a modifier against light cover (0.9) doing less damage but it has a normal dmg against garrison. Auto attack has normal damage against light, but reduced damage against garrison (0.35)
-Centaur who doesn't care about light cover.

22 Feb 2019, 13:35 PM

-In fact you are wrong about Guards been the "best" with on the move dmg ratio profile. That still belongs to the G43 upgrade for either faction.

Ahh, forgot G43s, thnx. Edited.
22 Feb 2019, 14:27 PM

There's also Obersoldaten IR STG44 at 0.9 moving accuracy modifier. Although those do suffer from burst duration penalty on the move.
22 Feb 2019, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's also Obersoldaten IR STG44 at 0.9 moving accuracy modifier. Although those do suffer from burst duration penalty on the move.

OP was talking about difference between normal DPS and on the move DPS.
27 Feb 2019, 04:37 AM

Consistency is certainly not something this game does well..
27 Feb 2019, 05:12 AM

-M2 50 cal reverts to its old (bad) penetration at vet 2, and is wildly inconsistent damage-wise. Aim time is huge for an hmg.

-RE stens have crazy RoF and a strange 2.5 damage.

(The fixes for these are opposite- M2 should shoot twice as much for half damage and suppression, sten should be half as fast for double damage)

-HM-38 barrage and autofire shells have different explosion patterns. One is the old insta-wipe kind.
27 Feb 2019, 05:39 AM

-HM-38 barrage and autofire shells have different explosion patterns. One is the old insta-wipe kind.

Now that is interesting... Which one is which?
27 Feb 2019, 06:28 AM

Now that is interesting... Which one is which?

Looks like the auto-fire is the old one with a bigger 'near' radius. Apparently, this discrepancy is 3 years old.
1 Mar 2019, 23:25 PM

OKW PzIV having lower rear armor than Ostheer.
2 Mar 2019, 11:54 AM

Until recently, the Pz4 used to have a 400% accuracy buff vs snipers.

You think the games all RNG, then you see that patch note.
2 Mar 2019, 12:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

-RE stens have crazy RoF and a strange 2.5 damage.

Never realized this one. That explains why their bursts felt so short - they are.
2 Mar 2019, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2019, 11:54 AMKharn
Until recently, the Pz4 used to have a 400% accuracy buff vs snipers.

You think the games all RNG, then you see that patch note.

Wtf I missed that one... The fuck relic?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★