Login

russian armor

Received Accuracy for OKW JLI and USF Pathfinder

18 Feb 2019, 22:28 PM

If I recalled correctly, the received accuracy for JLI and Pathfinder were:

JLI: Vet 0, "0.8"; Vet 2, "0.8*0.71 = 0.568", Vet 5, "0.8*0.71*0.8 = 0.454"

Pathfinder (include I&R version): Vet 0, "1.0", Vet 2, "1*0.71 = 0.71".

So JLI is completely more durable than Pathfinder and other allied infantry in infantry fight. Does the balance team see this aspect before they nerf I&R pathfinder?

Anyone give any explanation on this nerf decision? JLI and Pathfinder both have 4 models in one squad,so please do not propose that useless survivability argument of 4 models v.s 5 models.

18 Feb 2019, 22:34 PM

Just OKW Things.
18 Feb 2019, 22:45 PM

P.S US Ranger: Vet 0, "0.8"; Vet 3, "0.8*0.71 = 0.568"

Ranger also have 10% damage reduction and additional member and thus are more durable.
18 Feb 2019, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 22:45 PMVipper

Ranger also have 10% damage reduction and additional member and thus are more durable.

I am talking Pathfinder, do not derail topic.

Ranger is just a reference on the RA of the best USF infantry.
18 Feb 2019, 22:50 PM

I am talking Pathfinder, do not derail topic.

Ranger is just a reference on the RA of the best USF infantry.

You brought up Rangers not me, and if you bring them up you should bring up all their stat and not half the picture.

Pls do not continue the accusations and personal remarks.
18 Feb 2019, 22:53 PM

Well, rangers cost 400mp.
JLI are itty bitty cheaper then that, arrive 2 CP earlier and don't exactly need to close in.
18 Feb 2019, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 22:53 PMKatitof

Well, rangers cost 400mp.
JLI are itty bitty cheaper then that, arrive 2 CP earlier and don't exactly need to close in.

I have not compared the units in anyway, I have simply pointed out to OP that is one want to talk about that durability of Rangers one has to include to *0.9 damage reduction.

Feel free to compare the units if you want to.
19 Feb 2019, 01:20 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Keep on topic or thread goes away.
19 Feb 2019, 01:22 AM

If I recalled correctly, the received accuracy for JLI and Pathfinder were:

JLI: Vet 0, "0.8"; Vet 2, "0.8*0.71 = 0.568", Vet 5, "0.8*0.71*0.8 = 0.454"

Pathfinder (include I&R version): Vet 0, "1.0", Vet 2, "1*0.71 = 0.71".

P.S US Ranger: Vet 0, "0.8"; Vet 3, "0.8*0.71 = 0.568"

So JLI is completely more durable than Pathfinder and other allied infantry in infantry fight. Does the balance team see this aspect before they nerf I&R pathfinder

OKWs 5 levels of vet should not be compared to the 3 levels of other factions units; five levels of vet is supposed to be better than 3 levels of a comparable unit.
19 Feb 2019, 01:25 AM

OKWs 5 levels of vet should not be compared to the 3 levels of other factions units; five levels of vet is supposed to be better than 3 levels of a comparable unit.

Actually, after okw's vet rework last year, you actually can (for the most part).

OKW units recieve their stat bonuses in the first 3 levels, while vet 4 and 5 are active or pasive abilities. I can't remember if their 3 levels are to be achieved at the same time as other factions or earlier. It's in the rationale of the balance patch so, we just have to find it
19 Feb 2019, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 23:30 PMVipper

I have not compared the units in anyway, I have simply pointed out to OP that is one want to talk about that durability of Rangers one has to include to *0.9 damage reduction.

Feel free to compare the units if you want to.

Um

That looks like a comparison to me. On a sidenote, I'm surprised you didn't bring up the obvious bit that rangers have an extra man lul.

It's a fair point, but the fact that we're even comparing an elite, 3cp assault/cqc squad that costs 400 manpower/90 munitions (if we're counting upgrades) and 35 to reinforce to a 1cp support/pseudosniper (long range) infantry unit that costs 280 manpower/60 muni is an issue. Even with an extra man, that's a problem. If riflemen were man for man as tough as even obers it'd maybe arguably be a bit of an issue, let alone a squad that's actually designed to close to point blank (axis doesn't really have any exact analogues to rangers now that I think about it).
19 Feb 2019, 01:52 AM

OP, breakthrough information: JLI and pathfinders are not meant to do the same neither in the same factions, therefore comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges. They only share to be call-ins infantry with some long range superiority.

If your point is "why my Xunit is not better than their Yunit" you are on a dead end. And this thread will blow like a ballon on toxicity and offtopics.

Again costs mean nothing compared with other factions, but to the faction itself and its relative cost to achieve more important goals. In other words, JLI cost is the only way to balance JLI within OKM. Just that, as for pathfinders costs mean you need to choose either that troop or any other one.
But dont worry its a common mistake everyone here likes to do, specially when its alliedbiased, im not saying you do, but other people.
19 Feb 2019, 02:19 AM

JLI and Pathfinder apparently are same kind of units as LoopDloop said: recon,semi-sniper units.
19 Feb 2019, 02:27 AM

OP, breakthrough information: JLI and pathfinders are not meant to do the same neither in the same factions, therefore comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges. They only share to be call-ins infantry with some long range superiority.

If your point is "why my Xunit is not better than their Yunit" you are on a dead end. And this thread will blow like a ballon on toxicity and offtopics.

Again costs mean nothing compared with other factions, but to the faction itself and its relative cost to achieve more important goals. In other words, JLI cost is the only way to balance JLI within OKM. Just that, as for pathfinders costs mean you need to choose either that troop or any other one.
But dont worry its a common mistake everyone here likes to do, specially when its alliedbiased, im not saying you do, but other people.

Please do not post these useless arguments here. Data analysis or playing experience.

I recalled how you derail things (and ignore facts as well as insult others) in last rifleman topic.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/86077/riflemen-are-too-expensive/page/5
19 Feb 2019, 03:00 AM

Please do not post these useless arguments here. Data analysis or playing experience.

I recalled how you derail things (and ignore facts as well as insult others) in last rifleman topic.

And personal accusation is punished in this formus, i would be careful if you dont want to get into a moderator attention.

If insult means to you saying what proves your facts wrong or childish behaviour...
This forums is public as long as you dont like it, welcome to internet. You can shut down your pc if its too much to handle.

Derail is what people do comparing things for the sake of their argument and without any common sense nor balance concept of the game overall, allied and axis. But since your claims are allways alliedbiased i am pleased to point out all the flaws it has. Would you start to being axis biased and youll find me again, pointing out each point.

The topic is about JLIvsPathfinders and that has been already discussed. Also JLI are being balanced slowly and efficiently, in a manner everyone here agrees rather than instameganerfing into badlands...
19 Feb 2019, 03:44 AM

Actually, after okw's vet rework last year, you actually can (for the most part).

OKW units recieve their stat bonuses in the first 3 levels, while vet 4 and 5 are active or pasive abilities. I can't remember if their 3 levels are to be achieved at the same time as other factions or earlier. It's in the rationale of the balance patch so, we just have to find it

There are 2 units that okw and ostheer have completely in common0ostqind and lefh. Both have identical vets 1-3 and okw has buffs at 4 and 5 therfore we can summize that OKW's vets 4 and 5 are indeed intended to be improvements over the 3 vet system. However less than a 1/2 chance to hit a long range squad in no cover at all is a bit much... Vets 4 and 5 should simply make the unit harder to kill as that promotes bad play but should instead be utility focused and raise their skill cap. Make a better player make better use of them not make even a bad player unable to use them poorly.
19 Feb 2019, 09:35 AM

Um

That looks like a comparison to me. On a sidenote, I'm surprised you didn't bring up the obvious bit that rangers have an extra man lul.

It's a fair point, but the fact that we're even comparing an elite, 3cp assault/cqc squad that costs 400 manpower/90 munitions (if we're counting upgrades) and 35 to reinforce to a 1cp support/pseudosniper (long range) infantry unit that costs 280 manpower/60 muni is an issue. Even with an extra man, that's a problem. If riflemen were man for man as tough as even obers it'd maybe arguably be a bit of an issue, let alone a squad that's actually designed to close to point blank (axis doesn't really have any exact analogues to rangers now that I think about it).

It not, it would be a comparison if I posted anything about JLI. I did not.

In addition once more I did not bring Rangers in this topic, OP did so your comments should be addressed to him and your quote should be his.

I simply pointed out that Rangers are more durable than presented by OP.
19 Feb 2019, 09:37 AM

People trying to proof bias when vipper only provided the (right) stats..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS