Login

russian armor

Increase friendly fire

18 Feb 2019, 21:43 PM

Hello, please increase friendly fire for all kind of arty and indirect fire.

Can't be that kathujasha and british mortar pit doesn't make damage.

So, what do you think?
18 Feb 2019, 21:50 PM

Permanently Banned
It's not just those two arty pieces. Imperial Dane once said ALL UKF arty does exactly 0% friendly fire damage.
18 Feb 2019, 21:52 PM

Allied Artillery has very little Friendly Fire.
I guess I can finally say it myself: "Assymetrical Balance".
18 Feb 2019, 21:54 PM
Donator 11

It's not just those two arty pieces. Imperial Dane once said ALL UKF arty does exactly 0% friendly fire damage.

Which is not true. It does little damage but definitely not zero.
18 Feb 2019, 22:41 PM

Which is not true. It does little damage but definitely not zero.

Imperial Dane was practically correct if he was referring to older patches, the damage was extremely low, until the increased in a patch.

The bofors barrage and artillery cover used to no damage, and even 25p used to do extremely low damage 2.5%. A direct hit from howitzer would do 4 damage.
18 Feb 2019, 23:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 22:41 PMVipper

Imperial Dane was practically correct if he was referring to older patches, the damage was extremely low, until the increased in a patch.

The bofors barrage and artillery cover used to no damage, and even 25p used to do extremely low damage 2.5%. A direct hit from howitzer would do 4 damage.

Yeah, that is what I'm saying. It used to be low, but it has never been zero. Four is not much, and might not affect your in game desisions, but it is noticable in the UI.
18 Feb 2019, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 22:41 PMVipper

Is it 100% now? Few days ago the british base howitzer one-shot wiped a full health penal squad from my soviet teammate.

Btw I agree, increase FF from all allied rocket arty pieces (I think pwerfer and stuka already have 50% ff damage). It's just silly that people can carelessly run into their own barrages while pushing in with their inf. But leave mortars as they are, that would be frustrating.

PLEASE adress this in an upcoming patch! It's easy to do
19 Feb 2019, 00:13 AM

Is it 100% now? ...

DECEMBER 19th "COMMUNITY" UPDATE (2017)

25 Pounder Base Howitzers
Friendly-Fire AOE damage from 0.025 to 1/0.25/0.1
19 Feb 2019, 02:02 AM

Allied Artillery has very little Friendly Fire.
I guess I can finally say it myself: "Assymetrical Balance".

Did you mean "assymetrical bias"?

Im with OP idea to raise FF of indirect fire overall, specially for rocket arty that shocks pretty hard
19 Feb 2019, 03:36 AM

Not a fan of a team mate walking through a Katy barrage that destroyed your whole line?

Best part about friendly fire (or lack of) is that it doesn't apply to bases. A team mate can go ham attacking ground on your base and destroy it and there is nothing you can do to stop them.
19 Feb 2019, 04:24 AM

Not even a fan when im the one shooting with katyushas... since 4v4 are artyfest trash, maybe a little nerfing on indirect fire will do some good
19 Feb 2019, 13:46 PM

personally i don't get why this mechanic exists in the first place. Carelessly run into their own barrages without 0 punishing is ilogical and stupid.
19 Feb 2019, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2019, 13:46 PMStark
personally i don't get why this mechanic exists in the first place.

To prevent teamkilling on purpose, I imagine.
19 Feb 2019, 14:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

To prevent teamkilling on purpose, I imagine.

More like to prevent unnecessary annoyance. Due to RNG, some KIND of friendly fire modifier is fine. It's a matter of not going to one extreme 100% or to the other 1-5%.

If i had a way to check online updated FF i would remake this list but FF on CoH2 is really inconsistent.

See (outdated) this list from 2017:

19 Feb 2019, 14:13 PM

So I see, most people are for make fiendly be more ore less removed, if it isn't passive fire like mortars.

So:
-mortars, light arty like leIG to 25%.
-rocket arty and grenades to 50%
-heavy arty to 75%
-speacial abikities like Sturmtiger or Avre, also settal changes to 100%.

If you habe a team-killer, leave the game and the community will ban him, so easy is it.
19 Feb 2019, 14:44 PM

Thats not true
19 Feb 2019, 17:18 PM

I'd be curious if this would tone down the artillery hell that team games devolve into. A part of me thinks it'd just make it more obnoxious to play and you now would basically be playing against your own team mates as much as you are playing against the opposing side, but another part of me thinks maybe the "blob into triple rocket arty" strategy of 4v4 would counter itself .
19 Feb 2019, 17:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd be curious if this would tone down the artillery hell that team games devolve into. A part of me thinks it'd just make it more obnoxious to play and you now would basically be playing against your own team mates as much as you are playing against the opposing side, but another part of me thinks maybe the "blob into triple rocket arty" strategy of 4v4 would counter itself .

Not gonna end anytime soon.

-Big maps, big distances. Fighting with single squads is ineffective.
-Maximum of 400 popcap worth of units and you need to control at least 2 VPs. The sheer amount of units makes any indirect tool effective.
19 Feb 2019, 17:25 PM

I'm just thinking that maybe people will think twice before nuking the enemy if your own allies' units are in the mix too, especially with howitzers which scatter so long.

Realistically it'll just make me hate my own team mates, even more.

edit: Though I doubt any change will come about since it'd drive most team game players would probably hate it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★