Login

russian armor

Increase friendly fire

20 Feb 2019, 08:18 AM

I'm just thinking that maybe people will think twice before nuking the enemy if your own allies' units are in the mix too, especially with howitzers which scatter so long.

Realistically it'll just make me hate my own team mates, even more.

edit: Though I doubt any change will come about since it'd drive most team game players would probably hate it.

That (removing FF or reducing it highly) would give more realistic aspect into the game. When artillery fires you don't make a charge with your infantry (reminds me old calliope barrages and waves of riflemen inside killing everything that rockets spared). If there is a barrage you just don't push. As someone above meansioned of course with expection ISG and mortar in autofire mode.

Attacking your own allies should be on the other hand reported and ban.

21 Feb 2019, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2019, 08:18 AMStark

That (removing FF or reducing it highly) would give more realistic aspect into the game. When artillery fires you don't make a charge with your infantry (reminds me old calliope barrages and waves of riflemen inside killing everything that rockets spared). If there is a barrage you just don't push. As someone above meansioned of course with expection ISG and mortar in autofire mode.

Attacking your own allies should be on the other hand reported and ban.

It totally think the same.

More friendly fire makes the game more complex and good team-play becomes more relevant. Most idiot tactics will be removed by that.

Massive team-killing is a thing for report and banning etc.
21 Feb 2019, 23:28 PM

Not even a fan when im the one shooting with katyushas... since 4v4 are artyfest trash, maybe a little nerfing on indirect fire will do some good

You could probably nerf Artillery completely into the ground and 4v4 will still be arti meta. Just how the game mode is.
22 Feb 2019, 08:32 AM

You could probably nerf Artillery completely into the ground and 4v4 will still be arti meta. Just how the game mode is.

exactly. It's impossible to balance CoH2 the way that's gonna perfectly work between 1v1 and 4v4 gamemode
23 Feb 2019, 02:02 AM

A good balance between 1v1 and 4v4 can be achieved. But there should be a way to differentiate between each game mode. I.e resourse income, xp values or starting troops. This way balance comes as a consequence of hard to get units being harder or the other way around.
The key features that break 4v4s are massed units, units effectively againts others (when they overly outperform their supposed counter) or when cheese strats with no risk involved are used. To name a few examples, inf blobs, massed tanks, artyfests, mg spams, repair station cities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★