Login

russian armor

Recon Support this patch

14 Feb 2019, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2019, 12:43 PMVipper
Actually since the USF tech has become cheaper there little reason for dropping weapons in this commander.

Actually dropping an ATG and not having to tech Captain saves about enough resources to deploy another M8 Greyhound, which is the biggest problem with this commander.
14 Feb 2019, 13:22 PM

the greyhound target size seems a bit small. seems very hard to hit in comparison to other light vehicles. does anyone have the exact stats in comparison to t70?

if it is smaller i would suggest increasing it to t70 level and it should be fine
14 Feb 2019, 13:33 PM

Actually dropping an ATG and not having to tech Captain saves about enough resources to deploy another M8 Greyhound, which is the biggest problem with this commander.

I am not saying that the ability is not good, the ability is actually OP.

What I am saying is that there no need for commander provide airdrop weapons.

The overlap with airborne is simply to high and they 2 commander should be redesigned to bring different thing to the table. Making the abilities OP to make them more attractive is a step in the wrong direction.
14 Feb 2019, 14:03 PM

How about just removing the AT gun from the drop and changing the price to 360-380 mp? Right now it's Airborne 2.0 if you go lieutenant. It would also save the USF player a lot of muni so he can actually use IR arty and para upgrades.

If it makes the doctrine less interesting, maybe add an option for building paratroopers at a beacon/HQ for less.
ddd
14 Feb 2019, 14:26 PM

the greyhound target size seems a bit small. seems very hard to hit in comparison to other light vehicles. does anyone have the exact stats in comparison to t70?

if it is smaller i would suggest increasing it to t70 level and it should be fine

According to the spreadsheet being passed around here both t70 and m8 have target size of 18. Same for 222, luchs and aec.
14 Feb 2019, 15:42 PM

greyhound = downgrade version luchs

just use ATG or Puma and Wait till the first medium tank arrives.

maybe airborne battle grounp should be go to cp3, but greyhound is not OP

if u lost by greyhound spam, that is just your skill problem

14 Feb 2019, 21:42 PM

Pretty much 100% agreed.

Could I add that raid is a dumb ability and should IMO be replaced with like... literally anything else that usf commander abilities have to offer?
15 Feb 2019, 02:23 AM

greyhound = M20 with 37mm canon + 1 addition MG.
airbrone support team had to stay on 3CP, that is enough.
Ppl tend to use Luch + Puma to counter them but it is a wrong way ...
15 Feb 2019, 12:36 PM

15 Feb 2019, 14:52 PM

Pretty much 100% agreed.

Could I add that raid is a dumb ability and should IMO be replaced with like... literally anything else that usf commander abilities have to offer?

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't in one of the most munition's heavy commanders in the game. I've toyed with the idea of using it with M20 early for cutoff harassment but generally speaking with M20 you'll want the armored skirts and just like that there goes all your early game Munis. :/ I suppose it could be reworked as a passive where all vehicles have a Soviet-like T70 recon/capture mode?
15 Feb 2019, 15:01 PM

light vehicle raid is fine
0cp ir pathfinders need to have their cost increased
paradrop moved to 3 or 4 cp and slight cost increase (325mp + 80mp for paras AND at gun whilst airborne doc only gets paras for 380mp??)
greyhound is fine
butterfly bombs come down too quickly, need a longer time for that
15 Feb 2019, 15:06 PM

Why? Its not JLI, they have very low combat performance on their own.

paradrop moved to 3 or 4 cp and slight cost increase (325mp + 80mp for paras AND at gun whilst airborne doc only gets paras for 380mp??)

Why? There is no point to it in late mid game, which is exactly why CP was lowered and drop was mad cost accessible. Also, recon paras are NOT the same as airborne paras, they have completely different upgrades and role, that's why.

Already done months ago.
15 Feb 2019, 15:45 PM

Lol Wermaht AI bombs are quicker and u can decide of plane direction, usf plane always comes from base and is more inacuarate but yes, nerf alies
15 Feb 2019, 18:22 PM

light vehicle raid is fine
greyhound is fine

u should go to play recon support

and comeback here
15 Feb 2019, 19:48 PM

Raid is a troll ability.
It should be much lower costed for what it does.
15 Feb 2019, 23:38 PM

Relic addressed the problems of Recon Support with a patch: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p6

My take:
The double nerf to IR pathfinders seems a bit brutal, but we'Il have to see.

The combat group still offers great bang for buck, which is a good thing. The AT gun being changed to a pack howi further differentiates the commander from Airborne and solves the main issue with the previous patch.

Seems pretty good overall. :thumbsup:

15 Feb 2019, 23:43 PM

I don't like I&R Pathfinders having a 50s cooldown, especially now that they're 290mp (overpriced).

Seems quite ridiculous, especially since standard Airborne Pathfinders are 290mp, and do not have this handicap for spawning them at 0CP.

I know that the AT gun / paradrop needed a slight price increase, as well as an increase in CP to 3CP but I don't like the change, and I do not think the pack howitzer is a good replacement for that ability whatsoever. Nothing else changed, and Recon is still viable, but it's now much less desirable when you compare it to Airborne, especially if you plan on skipping Captain and just going Lt.
15 Feb 2019, 23:53 PM

Seems quite ridiculous, especially since standard Airborne Pathfinders are 290mp, and do not have this handicap for spawning them at 0CP.

IR Pathfinders are stronger early game (especially versus Ostheer) because they have 3x elite carbine and 1x sniper that allows them to 1v1 Grens at all ranges and scout the HMG 42. Normal Pathfinders are weak at close and mid range because they have 2x snipers with low DPS on those ranges and can be countered by moving Grens in close. This is why IRPF need the cooldown penalties because spamming them early game would otherwise be devastating to Ostheer.
15 Feb 2019, 23:56 PM

IR Pathfinders are stronger early game (especially versus Ostheer) because they have 3x elite carbine and 1x sniper that allows them to 1v1 Grens at all ranges and scout the HMG 42. Normal Pathfinders are weak at close and mid range because they have 2x snipers with low DPS on those ranges and can be countered by moving Grens in close. This is why IRPF need the cooldown penalties because spamming them early game would otherwise be devastating to Ostheer.

Is this seriously an issue? I've been playing Recon for long before this patch, and every day since the patch and I never see USF players make more than 1 I&R Pathfinder. Myself I usually only made 1 per match, as my first unit so I could contend with OKW sturmpio rushes.

I really only think it needed a price increase, it is already a more expensive unit than Grens, and the cooldown is pretty ridiculous. Might as well just make it a 1CP unit and be done with it, and remove all 0CP units in general. I've honestly never really encountered the scenario you describe in the hundreds of matches I've played using Recon (that is spamming I&R Pathfinders), then again I'm mostly playing 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 not 1v1.

Other options they could have taken was moved the I&R Pathfinders sight range to 40 at vet0, and then 50 at vet1 or 2.

Anyways, I&R Pathfinder spam would be a hilariously bad strategy, as it would deprive you of grenades / snare and a core infantry unit, which you need Riflemen to fill in that void. Maybe instead they could have also limited USF players to only 1 I&R pathfinder squad at a time?

I mean there's so many options to balance this unit and they picked a very poor choice IMO.

16 Feb 2019, 00:21 AM

While I'm quite happy with the changes, I think I&R paths cost are a tad bit too high me thinking more around 270-280mp.

There combat efficiency isn't as strong as people think and there barrage while potent is nearly unaffordable due to how extreme muni intense this commander is.

Also Raid is a joke.

Edit: just saw the pack neft, like wtf is that shit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★