Login

russian armor

Input lag for (german + EU) Players

PAGES (10)down
Dar
4 May 2019, 21:00 PM

Can confirm, German player here sitting in Frankfurt, state of the art internet connection and very low ping on any European server in any game. Noticed minor input lag over the last month, but today, unplayable.

1s-5s second input lags permanently, multiple attempted games ended in Defeat by Desync. This is ridiculous.
4 May 2019, 21:46 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2019, 21:00 PMDar
Can confirm, German player here sitting in Frankfurt, state of the art internet connection and very low ping on any European server in any game. Noticed minor input lag over the last month, but today, unplayable.

1s-5s second input lags permanently, multiple attempted games ended in Defeat by Desync. This is ridiculous.

Damn it. :/ I'm sorry the issue has reached you aswell now.

I have started using VPN, and it works fine since then.

In addition that confirms that it is not an ISP issue in germany.
4 May 2019, 22:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2019, 21:46 PMd0ggY

Damn it. :/ I'm sorry the issue has reached you aswell now.

I have started using VPN, and it works fine since then.

In addition that confirms that it is not an ISP issue in germany.

Relic servers throttle connections from DE IPs?
Can't really see other reason when it works better with VPN then directly.
4 May 2019, 22:17 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Relic servers throttle connections from DE IPs?
Can't really see other reason when it works better with VPN then directly.

How would i know i'm not in their code Kappa.

Number of people online goes up, input lag starts. Above 5,5k it starts. :/
4 May 2019, 23:25 PM

nevermind, too much to type.
4 May 2019, 23:53 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2019, 23:25 PMFlap
Doggy, VPN that you are using does not confirm that it's not a problem with ISP, it could as well point to the ISP, the only reason why using VPN reduce the lag that I can think of is the different route taken. If German players are having connection issues, then I would guess that one of the primary nodes in Germany is having issues, thus using VPN may bypass that node by using a different main route. That would explain why countries east from Germany could have the same issues since there is a possibility that a similar route has been used. Above explanation would apply if problems occur only in a specific region. Different ISP's can use partially same routes as some connection lines are lend so there can be a situation were one ISP lends another its internet lines. I ran some tests in the past and indeed Server is in Virginia US, owned by Amazon so Relic is probably renting services from them, that's not nice since anyone farther away US have a more significant delay, meaning for example that one player can have disadvantage having more considerable delay compared to a player from the US.
The idea of selectively throttling any specific country's IPs is a ridiculous idea.

Changing steam's download server location has nothing to do with the connection with Relic Server.

We tried all the things we could, just to make 100% sure they are not the issue. Tracert goes same way from VPN location as it would be before.

Also the ISP who doesn't have the issues gets routed the same way.

Also we had a patch, where it worked wonderful again for a whole week, then the recent matches fix came up and boom input lag was back on the table.

Cooincidence that one patch makes it go away, then it comes back with the other one?

ISP's changed the routing in that specific time? I don't believe they did that. :P
5 May 2019, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2019, 23:53 PMd0ggY

Coincidence that one patch makes it go away, then it comes back with the other one?

And lets not forget that everything started with a patch in December. I also doubt that in my case the number of players is deciding. We had constantly over 10 000 players on sundays in January. I never had any problems on these days. And now on a Saturday evening with only 6000 players the game is unplayable.
Something is rotten in the country of Relic:(
6 May 2019, 11:30 AM

And lets not forget that everything started with a patch in December. I also doubt that in my case the number of players is deciding. We had constantly over 10 000 players on sundays in January. I never had any problems on these days. And now on a Saturday evening with only 6000 players the game is unplayable.
Something is rotten in the country of Relic:(

Relic signed a contract with the VPN services to boost their money income for CoH3 :snfPeter:
6 May 2019, 11:48 AM

Relic signed a contract with the VPN services to boost their money income for CoH3 :snfPeter:

Pssstttt, geheim!
11 May 2019, 08:24 AM

and by the way: Using VPN doesnt eliminate the problem, it just makes the game playable. for me i have to say that using VPN just reduces the lag to an acceptable level, but its still there.

the fact that theres is any lag at all is annoying as fuck. and that you have to pay money for an VPN just to have an acceptable gameplay experience is just ridiculous.

in my opinion the european community was and still is the core/base of relics success with COH / DOW.
THIS base of players are exactly the guys who will potentially buy relic games in the future. i wonder why relic doesnt see that with such bullshit they kill their consumer-base of the future.....

11 May 2019, 08:54 AM
Senior Caster Badge

and by the way: Using VPN doesnt eliminate the problem, it just makes the game playable. for me i have to say that using VPN just reduces the lag to an acceptable level, but its still there.

the fact that theres is any lag at all is annoying as fuck. and that you have to pay money for an VPN just to have an acceptable gameplay experience is just ridiculous.

in my opinion the european community was and still is the core/base of relics success with COH / DOW.
THIS base of players are exactly the guys who will potentially buy relic games in the future. i wonder why relic doesnt see that with such bullshit they kill their consumer-base of the future.....

VPN removes it completli for me, using the Denmnark Server. And i agree, EU is the core of coh2
13 May 2019, 08:34 AM

Yeah happens to me too,about 5 seconds disconnects then reconnects,from egypt though not germany..
13 May 2019, 15:17 PM

Honestly, I am not willing to pay for a VPN device only to be able to play a game that was playable before.
17 Jun 2019, 13:39 PM

Does anyone have good solution for input lag? I tried free VPNs - they didn't work. I am in estonia if that matters. I tried different VPN servers but nothing worked.

Game is unplayable in it's current state. AI gets boring fast.
17 Jun 2019, 14:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Does anyone have good solution for input lag? I tried free VPNs - they didn't work. I am in estonia if that matters. I tried different VPN servers but nothing worked.

Game is unplayable in it's current state. AI gets boring fast.

For most people the lags are gone.

And yes free VPN did not work. needed VPN north.
17 Jun 2019, 14:28 PM

I'm playing from south east asia and i got pretty much used to it
18 Jun 2019, 11:43 AM

For most people the lags are gone.

And yes free VPN did not work. needed VPN north.

Can you now play without VPN and lag? If so, do you know what was the issue?
18 Jun 2019, 11:56 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Me and other german people can yes. And no, we have no idea what was the reason sadly.
18 Jun 2019, 12:47 PM

If I had to guess, then the relic servers are having severe issues with some of the european ISP networks for whatever reason.
23 Sep 2019, 19:06 PM

PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight