Login

russian armor

Input lag for (german + EU) Players

PAGES (10)down
11 Dec 2020, 18:06 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hey party people is this also still relevant for most of you or has everybody just accepted this and moved on to play with vpns? :D

Avergage Delay 950 ms with VPN maximal 64

11 Dec 2020, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2020, 18:06 PMluvnest
Hey party people is this also still relevant for most of you or has everybody just accepted this and moved on to play with vpns? :D

Can confirm this; I did not have any problems since spring but in the last weeks its massive.
The game is more or less unplayable for me:( The fun thing is that my brother never had this input lag and hes living only 3 km away from me (and he has a worse connection than myself)
11 Dec 2020, 18:35 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Someone from Relic has to explain how the connection to the battle servers work. Do all people from central europe connect to the same local servers or are there differences?

Why is my connection faster by a factor of four when I enrypt my traffic to a random server in italy and go from there to the relic severs and then go the same way back compared to my regular connection straight to the servers. Either it has to do with the different servers or something happens on the way. It's hard to imagine infrastructure issues on the backbone since everything else works just fine in other games in the day and age.

I can understand why you would use a vpn to bypass a region block or something, but I don't wanna use it to play a video game. It fucks up other applications or streaming aswell. On top of that you have to pay for a proper one.

Wouldn't it be possible to run a traceroute and identify the hop that delays the packets? Do we have the public IP of these servers?
12 Dec 2020, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2020, 18:35 PMluvnest
Someone from Relic has to explain how the connection to the battle servers work. Do all people from central europe connect to the same local servers or are there differences?

Why is my connection faster by a factor of four when I enrypt my traffic to a random server in italy and go from there to the relic severs and then go the same way back compared to my regular connection straight to the servers. Either it has to do with the different servers or something happens on the way. It's hard to imagine infrastructure issues on the backbone since everything else works just fine in other games in the day and age.

I can understand why you would use a vpn to bypass a region block or something, but I don't wanna use it to play a video game. It fucks up other applications or streaming aswell. On top of that you have to pay for a proper one.

Wouldn't it be possible to run a traceroute and identify the hop that delays the packets? Do we have the public IP of these servers?

I totally agree! If you or Sturmpanther bring this issue to their attention we might even get a response. If only the public IP address of the battle server(s)? so we could start some testing...
12 Dec 2020, 22:52 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2020, 18:06 PMluvnest

Average Delay 950 ms with VPN maximal 64

similar here, game was unplayable for the last two days.
Now i turned on NordVPN to Denmark, and ping is down to 200-300. Not awesome, but playable again. (thanks Tittendachs!)
strange stuff
I would love to understand how this happens.
I sombody in the frankfurt backbone angry at relic battleservers? hardy, but what is it?
12 Dec 2020, 23:33 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I totally agree! If you or Sturmpanther bring this issue to their attention we might even get a response. If only the public IP address of the battle server(s)? so we could start some testing...

I told relic already for 2 weeks ago^^

as in the past in the last years as well when it happens.

similar here, game was unplayable for the last two days.
Now i turned on NordVPN to Denmark, and ping is down to 200-300. Not awesome, but playable again. (thanks Tittendachs!)
strange stuff
I would love to understand how this happens.
I sombody in the frankfurt backbone angry at relic battleservers? hardy, but what is it?

yeah we use nordvpn too and choose denmark and it works

12 Dec 2020, 23:52 PM

Are there some players from denmark who would be willing to set up a dedicated proxy server for us to use? might be cheaper than everybody spending money on a private vpn...
13 Dec 2020, 08:04 AM
Donator 22

Now is there a way to check delay in the console before being in-game?
13 Dec 2020, 11:44 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Now is there a way to check delay in the console before being in-game?

don't think so
15 Dec 2020, 19:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Little Update how it looks like playing without the VPN for me:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/838407032 (Starts at 04:00)

also other people having the same problem ping-battleservers

awfull-coh2-server
15 Dec 2020, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 19:40 PMluvnest
Little Update how it looks like playing without the VPN for me:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/838407032 (Starts at 04:00)

also other people having the same problem ping-battleservers

awfull-coh2-server

It's even worse from Croatia. The best performance for me is when playing with other EU players. Every time I pair with either East Asia (china/japan) or australia, your "little update how it look without VPN" is nothing compared to that. 10s+ freezes every minute or so, 3-5 sec delay between commands. Not to mention my fan favourite. Pressing T to retreat and switching to an armoured vehicle --> Squads do not retreat, but the crew gets out and retreats. It's quite funny. Lost plenty of tanks that way as USF. It's horrible. Playing with Germans and the likes (EU), it's usually 1-2 sec delay (closer to 1), which is heaven on earth. I pretty much got used to the 5 sec delay, made me really really good at dodging nades.
17 Dec 2020, 07:58 AM
4 Feb 2021, 19:25 PM
Donator 22

no more lag for me and friends --> awesome
I have no idea why, but will blame sudden sunshine and relic for this awesomeness!
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment