Login

russian armor

UKF needs real buff , MAKE UKF GREAT AGAIN

24 Jan 2019, 12:24 PM

Hello everyone

its good to see USF got balanced after last patch now its UKF's turn to get balanced , to be honest its really a weak faction. some upgrades are too expensive (expect Bren machine gun which its cost decreased from 60 munitions to 45) some are useless . here i found something that can help British forces get more balanced ;

1- 5-man Squad upgrade fuel cost should be decreased from 35 to 25 and manpower from 150 to 100

2- move Anti-tank grenade from Royal engineers to infantry sections because; in each (OST,OKW,Sov,USF) panzerfaust/AT grenade is in hand of main soldiers.

3- Hammer skill's gammon grenade is really useless , at least infantry can use it as Anti-tank instrument and stick it on tanks just like penals do.

4- AEC does nothing to infantry.

5- Cromwell from point of view of Armor, main gun power , anti infantry capability is so weak considering its price.

24 Jan 2019, 12:52 PM

Mobile indirect fire that doesn't cost fuel and is not doctrinal.

Edit: And also launches smoke.
24 Jan 2019, 13:06 PM

is this a joke ?

1 it's one of the most powerful upgrade there is, it does not increase cost of the unit, u don't pay munitions on each squad (like weapons) and reinforce cost stays the same

2 no at nades are good on RE if u want at nades on IS just pick the tank hunter doc

3 gamon bomb can be used by every IS, penal have to buy the upgrade each time

4 the MG does it's job, the main canon is AT only

5 cromwell is fine for his price, it has more pen than p4 and is super fast
24 Jan 2019, 13:39 PM

The problem with UKF is that they are still OP in early to mid-game against OKW on open maps while being complete shit against Ost. So how are you going to "balance" the faction? One of the few things that could be done is to give them a few more doctrines with early USF mortars so they can easier counter MGs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that J-Light spam completly reks UKF and there is very little that can be done against it because J-Lights counter sniper MG and infantry sections. Thank god the nerf for J-Lights is coming so this wont go on forever.

24 Jan 2019, 13:43 PM

Mobile indirect fire that doesn't cost fuel and is not doctrinal.

Edit: And also launches smoke.

yeah exactly !
24 Jan 2019, 14:26 PM

The problem with UKF is that they are still OP in early to mid-game against OKW on open maps while being complete shit against Ost. So how are you going to "balance" the faction? One of the few things that could be done is to give them a few more doctrines with early USF mortars so they can easier counter MGs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that J-Light spam completly reks UKF and there is very little that can be done against it because J-Lights counter sniper MG and infantry sections. Thank god the nerf for J-Lights is coming so this wont go on forever.

If they add a new commander with a mortar that'll make 2 for the Brits, I don't think it'll be enough to fix them however.

For example, the OKW also had the Luftwaffe and Fortifications doctrines which gave them their MG34, right? And also Elite Armor with the Panzer IVs, and they ended up giving both of these units to the OKW by default because they were lacking and most people were not bothering with other commanders because then they'd be lacking a critical tool in their arsenal.
24 Jan 2019, 15:24 PM

The AEC's okay against infantry. The main gun doesn't do much, but the coaxial MG provides useful fire support.

Sapper snares is okay. Section Spam is pretty strong as-is: putting snares on IS would further encourage it.

The Bolster upgrade works pretty well as is: it's enough of a setback that you'd consider delaying it to accelerate your teching, but not so expensive that teching it early cripples you.

The mobile elements of UKF are in a pretty functional state at the moment. UKF's problem is a large amount of UKF's roster is emplacements, and they need a total overhaul.
24 Jan 2019, 15:54 PM

I'm not great or good at this game, but I feel like the UKF needs:

Start the game with Royal Engineers;
AT Nades moved to the IS;
Sniper shorter time to shoot infantry;
Mortar unit on T1;

You could even move RE to tier 0 and get the AT nades behind T1 tech, I'd say.
24 Jan 2019, 18:54 PM

1) Dont think thats necesarry

2) All others have it on mainlines, which makes an awesome reason for UKF to have it on sappers. Asymetrical balance is still a thing and this has its own advantages: Fast vetting for sappers, snares are usually closer to the vehicles since theyre on a unit that repairs them instead of spearheading ahead like mainlines usually do

3) Agreed here, the heavy gammon is really terrible

4)Not sure if its meant to, but it has a problem as an AT as well, since it just cant hit a broad side of a barn

5) 100% agreed,

There is one thing that I dont often see mentioned: IS take eternity to vet up. U can have them in combat for 5 mins nonstop and theyll still hardly reach vet1
24 Jan 2019, 19:05 PM

1)
3) Agreed here, the heavy gammon is really terrible

Ti badly designed but it is not terrible, it a satchel charge that can also stun for a very long time.
24 Jan 2019, 19:15 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised 2 posts: 1 for being off topic the other at user request.
24 Jan 2019, 20:01 PM

1) Dont think thats necesarry

5) 100% agreed,

There is one thing that I dont often see mentioned: IS take eternity to vet up. U can have them in combat for 5 mins nonstop and theyll still hardly reach vet1
the cromewell has more pen than p4 so how is the gun bad ?
24 Jan 2019, 22:24 PM

Pen is relative.

What's stronger, 110 pen against 160 armor or 115 against 180/234?
Factions are not mirrored, you need to take the context of what units shoots at.
24 Jan 2019, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 22:24 PMKatitof

Pen is relative.

What's stronger, 110 pen against 160 armor or 115 against 180/234?
Factions are not mirrored, you need to take the context of what units shoots at.
are u saying that 4 man squad are more easily killed than 5 or more man squad ?
24 Jan 2019, 23:52 PM

The answer is as usual - it depends.
However, last time I have checked, all sides had equal number of entities in "tank squad" unit.
24 Jan 2019, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 23:52 PMKatitof

The answer is as usual - it depends.
However, last time I have checked, all sides had equal number of entities in "tank squad" unit.
but did u not just say "Factions are not mirrored, you need to take the context of what units shoots at."

25 Jan 2019, 01:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

+5 model squads are easier to kill. 4 model squads are easier to wipe.

On: i can't agree with OP but i'll say.

Gammon is highly niche to the point it is perceived as bad. Cromwell is so average in which it doesn't excel in no specific area.
25 Jan 2019, 07:43 AM

not really dude, test it you will see . maybe its only on table but in-game not really idk maybe its a bug . anyway it shouldn't be like that and needs fix/balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★