Login

russian armor

How would you like the JLI to be nerfed?

PAGES (9)down
20 Jan 2019, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2019, 19:07 PMgbem
yes but pathfinders cost like ~290mp... at 250mp theyre more comparable to I&R paths which only get 1 sniper... the comparison is hence biased

IR paths are much more different because they are also fire support. Their lower combat performance is offset by calling down hell fire, or making the enemy think you are. JLI are fucking strong, but they are not going to level a block. You don't get IR for the sniper you get it for the arty. You get regular paths for the crit and you DEFINITELY get JLI for the crit.
20 Jan 2019, 05:52 AM

while i do agree the arty is really powerful and great for demolishing unsuspecting MGs and i do agree that 3 grenadier rifles are BALANCED against 3 elite carbines

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2019, 14:33 PMgbem

please tell me how 3 elite carbines are better than 3 grenadier rifles at mid to long range?

they arent better than 3 grenadier rifles like how sanders makes it seem... soo his argument is moot

also that one ability doesnt compensate for the multitude of abilities JLI get... especially sprint and boobytrap
20 Jan 2019, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 05:52 AMgbem
they arent better than 3 grenadier rifles like how sanders makes it seem... soo his argument is moot

Where exactly did you see me claiming the elite carbines are better at long range?

I said they had some distinct advantages over each other. In case of the carbines, that means that the squad is not vulnerable at close to mid range to (unupgraded) Grens or Volks because their 3x elite carbines have great near and mid range DPS. And their long range DPS combined with the sniper (crit) is good enough to win the long range (cover) fights in the early game.

This seperates them from the normal Pathfinders, who actually are vulnerable to charging Grens and Volks because they will lose at close range due to their two snipers having basically no DPS up close.
20 Jan 2019, 08:52 AM

Forgetting that they come with 3 elite carbines?

this statement implies that 3 elite carbines is advantageous to the 3x grenadier rifles...
20 Jan 2019, 08:54 AM

And it is, exactly in the way I just explained to you.
20 Jan 2019, 09:21 AM

IR paths are much more different because they are also fire support. Their lower combat performance is offset by calling down hell fire, or making the enemy think you are. JLI are fucking strong, but they are not going to level a block. You don't get IR for the sniper you get it for the arty. You get regular paths for the crit and you DEFINITELY get JLI for the crit.

This I agree with, the only problem is the amount of munition dependent the commander is.

Want paratroopers? Spend 80muni and get a unmanned at gun with it, upgrade your paratroopers with a further 100/120 munitions (and if you loose the paratroopers or want more, you have to invest the munitions again).

Butterfly bombs, spend 110 munitions.

Raid tactics (that no one ever uses), checked: 40 munitions.

Pathfinders artillery 140 munitions.

And then you have bars 60 munitions (almost a mandatory upgrade).

So all up 470-490 munitions if you use all abilities excluding bar upgrades.

Thats 4 out of 5 abilities needing munition investment (technically 5 out of 6 because you have to upgrade the paratroopers).

20 Jan 2019, 09:27 AM

And it is, exactly in the way I just explained to you.

it isnt... getting into cqc vs vs OKW is suicidal because of sturms + stg spam... meanwhile staying at a distance vs USF is perfectly doable and preferrable because of the long range of the grenadier rifle + superiority of the G43 sniper...

the term superior isnt true... the correct term is balanced... 3 grenadier rifles are balanced vs 3 elite carbines... the main issue therefore is the G43 rifle which overperforms in contrast to the scoped garand...
20 Jan 2019, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 09:27 AMgbem

it isnt... getting into cqc vs vs OKW is suicidal because of sturms + stg spam... meanwhile staying at a distance vs USF is perfectly doable and preferrable because of the long range of the grenadier rifle + superiority of the G43 sniper...

Either OKW is gettting strums and stgs or they are getting g43s. It's usuially one or the or the other you can't have both.
20 Jan 2019, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 08:52 AMgbem

this statement implies that 3 elite carbines is advantageous to the 3x grenadier rifles...
they are as advantageous as 3 kar 98, what are u on ? they have much better dps at mid-close range (it becomes double the dps at close range) and a 0.4 difference at long range

so yes they are as advantageous as green rifle
20 Jan 2019, 16:43 PM

they are as advantageous as 3 kar 98, what are u on ? they have much better dps at mid-close range (it becomes double the dps at close range) and a 0.4 difference at long range

so yes they are as advantageous as green rifle

Even setting that aside the far superior g43 the jaegers have means that they usually do a lot more damage though. It crits at almost double the HP and has better accuracy and almost completely ignores cover. And jaegers get a 50% accuracy ambush bonus too.

On an unrelated note as well, jaegers get way too many RA bonuses for a "support" squad, further contributing to thier overperformance. They aren't supposed to be mainline infantry but all that stuff makes them extremely capable even just by themselves, and even better with any other support.
20 Jan 2019, 18:48 PM

Even setting that aside the far superior g43 the jaegers have means that they usually do a lot more damage though. It crits at almost double the HP and has better accuracy and almost completely ignores cover. And jaegers get a 50% accuracy ambush bonus too.

On an unrelated note as well, jaegers get way too many RA bonuses for a "support" squad, further contributing to thier overperformance. They aren't supposed to be mainline infantry but all that stuff makes them extremely capable even just by themselves, and even better with any other support.
no the jager sniper rifle is strictly worse than the para scoped garand, they almost double it in dps and the para gets 2 off those, thats why i said reduce the threshold to 50% and give them another sniper rifle (if u refer to g 43 they don't have it after upgrade)

before u talk check stats i already posted the google doc so u have no excuse other than being biased and telling lies to nerf units to the ground
20 Jan 2019, 22:17 PM

no the jager sniper rifle is strictly worse than the para scoped garand, they almost double it in dps and the para gets 2 off those, thats why i said reduce the threshold to 50% and give them another sniper rifle (if u refer to g 43 they don't have it after upgrade)

before u talk check stats i already posted the google doc so u have no excuse other than being biased and telling lies to nerf units to the ground

DPS isn't the main point of the g43. The thing doesn't need dps since it crits models who have been hit by 2 kar98k shots.

Play the game instead of cherry picking the few points that are on your side of the argument and see how much they overperform.
20 Jan 2019, 23:08 PM

DPS isn't the main point of the g43. The thing doesn't need dps since it crits models who have been hit by 2 kar98k shots.

Play the game instead of cherry picking the few points that are on your side of the argument and see how much they overperform.
and as I said lower the threshold to 50%
20 Jan 2019, 23:20 PM

and as I said lower the threshold to 50%

Well that would obviously change things a lot.
20 Jan 2019, 23:23 PM

Well that would obviously change things a lot.
your logic : reeee one sniper rifle with 75% crit threshold is op, 2 sniper rifle at 40% are completely fine
> proceed to nerf to 50 %
Reee it’s still op
U know u can’t sound more biased then that right ?
21 Jan 2019, 11:49 AM

This I agree with, the only problem is the amount of munition dependent the commander is.

Want paratroopers? Spend 80muni and get a unmanned at gun with it, upgrade your paratroopers with a further 100/120 munitions (and if you loose the paratroopers or want more, you have to invest the munitions again).

Butterfly bombs, spend 110 munitions.

Raid tactics (that no one ever uses), checked: 40 munitions.

Pathfinders artillery 140 munitions.

And then you have bars 60 munitions (almost a mandatory upgrade).

So all up 470-490 munitions if you use all abilities excluding bar upgrades.

Thats 4 out of 5 abilities needing munition investment (technically 5 out of 6 because you have to upgrade the paratroopers).

Agreed. It's very muni hungry, I personally find it best when you are up against mostly okw who can fight hard for the fuel and lock it down, but I find okw generally neglects munitions which makes it somewhat more viable. But I play mostly team games so my experience will likely vary pretty hard from others. Usf as a whole to me feels more aligned to munitions than fuel anyways so I usually try and press that myself.
21 Jan 2019, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2019, 02:01 AMgbem

yes they have a 115% hit chance and 70% crit chance... slightly worse than snipers but hey the soviet sniper was a 2 man sniper with a slightly worse sniper... meanwhile JLI dont get the same treatment from you axis thugs

you just suck... the worst performing faction ingame needs nerfs :v

Yeah, worst performing faction lmao. Tell me so wise one, why can british have more than one churchill, and germans can only have a single underperforming tiger. What about the infantry section spam that barely drop off any dps regarding range. I suck? Maybe you just are ill-informed and ignorant, buut hey thats trolls for ya.
21 Jan 2019, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2019, 09:57 AMKatitof

Yeah, lets nerf THE weakest faction in game, that'll show them!

Have you played aganist them in 2v2s or 1v1s?
21 Jan 2019, 14:54 PM

Yeah, worst performing faction lmao. Tell me so wise one, why can british have more than one churchill, and germans can only have a single underperforming tiger. What about the infantry section spam that barely drop off any dps regarding range. I suck? Maybe you just are ill-informed and ignorant, buut hey thats trolls for ya.

I would disagree that the Brits are the worst performing faction in the game at the moment, but they sure as hell used to be and the main reason they are workable now is because of the non-doctrinal acess to snares.

Are you seriously comparing a normal Churchill to a Tiger tank? If that's the case then I'm not sure that even dignifies an answer.

Have you played aganist them in 2v2s or 1v1s?

Yes. many times both as them and against them.
21 Jan 2019, 16:05 PM

your logic : reeee one sniper rifle with 75% crit threshold is op, 2 sniper rifle at 40% are completely fine
> proceed to nerf to 50 %
Reee it’s still op
U know u can’t sound more biased then that right ?

I apologize if I sounded sarcastic because I wasn't. I was agreeing with you.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS