Login

russian armor

How would you like the JLI to be nerfed?

PAGES (9)down
15 Jan 2019, 09:35 AM

We all know that the JLI nerf is comming.

While certanly warranted, I really hope that they don't overdo it and pushes this unit back into irrelevance, as I think they really provide some interesting flavor to the OKW roster (I just don't want to see 4 squads of them in 9 out of 10 matches).

My personal suggestion is to leave their performance exactly as it is. IMO their performance in itself is not really the problem nor the time they hit the field. The problem is their spamming potential and how easily they can pretty much replace standard infantry without serious setbacks.

Because of this I think two changes should be made:
- Increase their cost to 300 manpower. That way they are a significantly higher investment that you won't automatically chose over volks.
- Significantly increase their deployment cooldown. I'm talking like 4-5 minutes. That way you remove the samming potential and it's no longer a panic unit you can just deploy the second you need them.

Do you agree with my sugesstions? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to like, share, subscribe, upvote, upload to instagram and tell your sister :nahnah:
15 Jan 2019, 10:17 AM

IMO, their performance in itself is REALLY the problem.
If you have played in Cheat mode, do you know that JLI wins the fight against Obersoldaten? The fact that infantry on 1cp wins in a 1v1 fight with all Allied infantry means surely a performance problem.
This problem also becomes even worse when the JLI acquires additional weapons in the slot. And this is a problem that happens more often than you think.
15 Jan 2019, 10:22 AM

340mp 0 muni... why you ask? 300 mp 60 muni seems like a good idea at first... but then you have to consider JLI without a sniper arent exactly effective... nor worth... 300mp in the first place... hence the idea is to make the sniper upgrade free like storms... but make JLI cost 340mp to balance out their performance...

likewise id say overwatch as a whole needs to be toned down to the level of specops luftwaffe and forti as overwatch seems to blow those doctrines out of the water... id make JLI a salvage only thing along with buffs to the ostwind in order to create 5 viable OKW commanders instead of having all overwatch games...
15 Jan 2019, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 10:22 AMgbem
340mp 0 muni... why you ask? 300 mp 60 muni seems like a good idea at first... but then you have to consider JLI without a sniper arent exactly effective... nor worth... 300mp in the first place... hence the idea is to make the sniper upgrade free like storms... but make JLI cost 340mp to balance out their performance...

Guards and obers also aren't exactly effective without upgrade.
Some units are balanced to have split cost and are not meant to be cost effective until you pay the full price, its just a resource split to not have massive menpower cost on initial call-in.
15 Jan 2019, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 10:22 AMgbem

If you make the sniper free that would make it even more attractive to spam JLI instead of Volks as it would save lots of munitions to use for Goliaths, For the Fatherland and Sector Assault. This only works for Stormtroopers because Ostheer is munitions starved by all the other upgrades and expensive mines already.
15 Jan 2019, 10:31 AM

My personal impression is that the unit should cost ~280, sniper should be another 60 muni, and the crit could go down to affecting units on 50% health. JLI would still have more abilities than pathfnders and better crit potential, and wouldn’t be so spammable. To people who say they’d never be taken, I’d respond that u forget how preciois is the vision they get at start.
15 Jan 2019, 10:36 AM

300 MP, 2 CP, remove first strike bonus. Then remove Lefh and make Goliath a seperate commander abiliity again.
15 Jan 2019, 10:37 AM

We all know that the JLI nerf is comming.

While certanly warranted, I really hope that they don't overdo it and pushes this unit back into irrelevance, as I think they really provide some interesting flavor to the OKW roster (I just don't want to see 4 squads of them in 9 out of 10 matches).

My personal suggestion is to leave their performance exactly as it is. IMO their performance in itself is not really the problem nor the time they hit the field. The problem is their spamming potential and how easily they can pretty much replace standard infantry without serious setbacks.

Because of this I think two changes should be made:
- Increase their cost to 300 manpower. That way they are a significantly higher investment that you won't automatically chose over volks.
- Significantly increase their deployment cooldown. I'm talking like 4-5 minutes. That way you remove the samming potential and it's no longer a panic unit you can just deploy the second you need them.

Do you agree with my sugesstions? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to like, share, subscribe, upvote, upload to instagram and tell your sister :nahnah:

Their performance is the issue.
Remove the sprint and increase the value for the critical shot to match Pathfinder.
15 Jan 2019, 10:45 AM

I played 2 games both as Allies and as Axis, and i can say that JLI as a Sniper squad, Soviet style, but they have 4 members. Their sniper is strong as hell and if you spam them, they will obliterate any unit they face, especially if you focus fire. I used 4 JLI and focus fired at Shock Troops, Rangers, Riflemen, Tommies... the squad instantly dies. It would be wise to decrease their squad number to 3 and/or decrease firing range too.
15 Jan 2019, 10:52 AM

I played 2 games both as Allies and as Axis, and i can say that JLI as a Sniper squad, Soviet style, but they have 4 members. Their sniper is strong as hell and if you spam them, they will obliterate any unit they face, especially if you focus fire.

You literally stole that straight from my mind as i was writing it.

IMO, there is several ways to tone JLI a little bit down.
1) Decrease critical chance.
2) Increase price/time/timing for spawning/upgrading.
3) Decrease accuracy for non-scoped rifles of JLI.
4) Make them more squishable.
5) Bringing up maximum amount of them on field at time - 2 or 3, i guess would be good enough.

Main thing here is to choose only one way, because otherwise they will be nefred to the ground and even below.

Right now JLI blob is the only thing that can head-on deny soviet penal blob. I wish they still will be able to do that, but with some skill and micromanagment, not just by walking in LOS of bolb.
15 Jan 2019, 10:59 AM

an obers blob can head on deny a penal blob aswell though... but are rightfully so more expensive... JLI just do it without a second thought...
15 Jan 2019, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2019, 10:59 AMgbem
an obers blob can head on deny a penal blob aswell though... but are rightfully so more expensive... JLI just do it without a second thought...

Penal blob start existing on 5-7 minute of game.
JLI blob start existing on the same mark or even little bit earlier.
Obers blob does not exists, because of high danger of armor passing by.

Do not derail tread.
15 Jan 2019, 11:07 AM

Penal blob start existing on 5-7 minute of game.
JLI blob start existing on the same mark or even little bit earlier.
Obers blob does not exists, because of high danger of armor passing by.

Do not derail tread.

ohh no not trying to delay the thread... just pointing out that obers are an option for taking on penals head on if need be...
15 Jan 2019, 12:04 PM

So we are all in agreement it seems B-)
15 Jan 2019, 12:30 PM

Well... were in agreement that theyre overperforming for their cost... but we dont have an agreement on how to nerf them specifically... some people want to nerf the crit... others want to make em 3 man... others want to bump the cost to 300...
15 Jan 2019, 12:46 PM

A five minute cooldown would definitely work, but the balance team aren't keen on that sort of restriction. JLI were brought down specifically so you could mix them into an infantry composition.

I think 3 man is the way to go. They can keep their strong long range performance, but if not properly supported they'll get clubbed hard by CQC and vehicles.
15 Jan 2019, 13:16 PM

3 men won't work at all, that's just going to be wipes for days in high explosive spam in mid-late game of teamgames.
15 Jan 2019, 13:17 PM

Snipers manage fine at 1 man.

Making JLI work well in Artyspam Blobfest and making them not blobbable are probably mutually exclusive.
15 Jan 2019, 13:21 PM

Snipers don't need to be in prolonged engagements in order to deal damage. Even units like Obers struggle with 4 models because of the late game wipe potential. 3 models will just get oneshot by everything.
15 Jan 2019, 13:23 PM

They should be deployed like the Panzerfussiliers, not appear magically in buildings behind your MG's.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 20
unknown 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %