Login

russian armor

New Commander Submission - Discuss

PAGES (10)down
12 Jan 2019, 19:26 PM

Thank you for the shoutouts here on and your suggestion.
I shouldn't have been so dickish toward you. It was just hard seeing someone else receive praise for a very similar idea, when I've gotten very little feedback (and the nicest feedback was from you, actually). I've put hundreds of hours into that mod.

So, I'm sorry, and your response was better than I deserved.

I'm actually thrilled to see the reception that concept is getting, though!

Don't worry about it dude, I already realized a long time ago that we as humans are flawed and imperfect beings that often fall victims of their emotions rather than listen to their sense and logic, I myself have been in the same situation many times. It's the ability to admit your error and try to fix it or at least try not to repeat the same mistake that is something rare indeed for which I commend you, most people would have thought that I was just some asshole or elitist fuck that likes to throw his weight around.

If you've followed my posts you might realize that I only want for an Army to be the best that it can be so it's fun to play them, and not just for me but for other people as well, specifically the British as they've sort of always been my favorite Army alongside the Panzer Elite ever since I first played them back in my good old days of CoH.
13 Jan 2019, 00:54 AM

Supply Doctrine
0 CP: (Passive) Through Salavage

0 CP: (Passive) Advance Infantry Tactics
- Allows infantry to use Sprint
- Infantry in cover gain increase sight range

1 CP: Opel Blitz Supply Truck
- Same as the Ostheers

2 CP: (Passive) Bolster Squads
-Exclusive infantry upgrade
-Increases squad sizes by one
-Available for Volks, Strumpioneers, and Obers
-Strumpioneers can still upgrade with the minesweeper
-Infantry in cover gain a cool down bonus

4 CP: Recoup Loss
(partial refund on dying infantry)

What purpose does this doctrine have other than allowing a cancerous volksblob strategy and making obers behind cover unstoppable? This is just what it looks like to me on paper. I dont know the details of your plans for "Bolster Squads" but if Obers and Volks can still get their weapon upgrades with it, it would be just ridiculous. This ability is the only issue I see, the rest seems fine and solid to me.
13 Jan 2019, 05:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What purpose does this doctrine have other than allowing a cancerous volksblob strategy and making obers behind cover unstoppable? This is just what it looks like to me on paper. I dont know the details of your plans for "Bolster Squads" but if Obers and Volks can still get their weapon upgrades with it, it would be just ridiculous. This ability is the only issue I see, the rest seems fine and solid to me.

-Exclusive infantry upgrade, meaning no weapon upgrades. The design is to promote durability rather than damage. And with some damage bonuses behind cover, blobing would not be very effective.
13 Jan 2019, 08:30 AM

am i only one who thinks adding more commanders dont bring fun in but instead merge some commanders and tweak them for more balanced , effective and enjoyable games?. bringing more commanders in wont solve the main problem, the balance and late game in my opinion
13 Jan 2019, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 08:30 AMjincx
am i only one who thinks adding more commanders dont bring fun in but instead merge some commanders and tweak them for more balanced , effective and enjoyable games?. bringing more commanders in wont solve the main problem, the balance and late game in my opinion

There is also the problem of the Eastern Front Armies having twice the amount of commanders than the Western Front ones and the Brits as well, so while it's easier to do what you have in mind for the Soviets and Ostheer, it's harder to do so for the other 3 Armies, there is just limited variation which you can achieve and so on.

Plus the problem of having "bad" commanders is again amplified by their numbers, there is a difference between having 4 underwhelming or at least not as often used commanders out of 8 or 9 compared to 10 or so commanders out of 19 or 20 for example.
13 Jan 2019, 08:51 AM

HI Guys,
i would like to get some constructive feedback on possible upgrade options for Assgrens and veterancy changes to make the unit more viable.

Upgrade option idea:
- Unit can be upgraded with a flamethrower (costs 60 mun), upgrade unlocked after finishing battlephase 1
The flamethrower would fit thematically really good and would give the Wehrmacht more options for house cleaning.

- Unit can be upgraded with 4 &Stg44 to make the unit more useful in the later stages of games, timing of the upgrade up to debate.

If the Assgrens would get a proper upgrade cost increase would be justified (300 MP)

Thx!
13 Jan 2019, 08:54 AM

so first they take flamethrowers away from combat infantry just to give it exclusively to one unit again? :D
ass grens are fine. no change needed

maybe give them a panzerfaust after tecing up, afterall they are still Grenadiers.
13 Jan 2019, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 08:54 AMBaba

ass grens are fine. no change needed

I absolutely disagree, thx for your opinion though.
13 Jan 2019, 09:19 AM

Give assgrens PPSH'es after battle phase 3 so they scale SOMEWHAT decently against double BAR rifles/ other crap like that.

Considering the German captured enough of them to justify rechambering them and printing instruction manuals for them, I would say it would be a pretty good/ accurate buff.
13 Jan 2019, 09:22 AM

They are not supposed to act as mainline infantry for those kinds of combat.
They are excellent at flanking and rushing enemies (mgs and other crew wapons) + they get the model 24 grenade to clear buildings and stuff. for a t0 unit, they are in a pretty good spot
ddd
13 Jan 2019, 11:31 AM

We need Jumbo for USF. Everything else (including ukf and sov units) would be lame. Just use 76mm model with some special skin and sandbags and its pretty much Jumbo since these tanks looked almost the same.
13 Jan 2019, 11:54 AM

-Exclusive infantry upgrade, meaning no weapon upgrades. The design is to promote durability rather than damage. And with some damage bonuses behind cover, blobing would not be very effective.

Ah got it, my bad
13 Jan 2019, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 11:31 AMddd
We need Jumbo for USF. Everything else (including ukf and sov units) would be lame. Just use 76mm model with some special skin and sandbags and its pretty much Jumbo since these tanks looked almost the same.

I asked the creator of the CoH2 realism mod yesterday if it's possible to add sandbags to the Sherman model and he said no.

I am not 100% sure if that's true or not because I haven't tried it myself nor do I know how or have the time but going by his experienced words I am guessing that it's how he says it.

For me it'd be best to include the Pershing and E8 in a commander so they don't overshadow each other and fix the E8 like they did with the 76 Sherman.
13 Jan 2019, 12:31 PM
Donator 11

First of all FIX stug-E it is useless now since the nerf last patch... even if you use 2x stug-E at the same target it is still worthless... REVERT THAT CHANGE!

New commander submission - KNIGHTS CROSS HOLDER for wehrmacht and goliaths.
13 Jan 2019, 12:44 PM

The StuG-E was buffed hard. Extra health, Brummbar AoE profile, faster projectiles and smaller target size.
ddd
13 Jan 2019, 12:56 PM

I asked the creator of the CoH2 realism mod yesterday if it's possible to add sandbags to the Sherman model and he said no.

I am not 100% sure if that's true or not because I haven't tried it myself nor do I know how or have the time but going by his experienced words I am guessing that it's how he says it.

For me it'd be best to include the Pershing and E8 in a commander so they don't overshadow each other and fix the E8 like they did with the 76 Sherman.

The problem with this is that 76mm wasnt really fixed. Its still barely used and not very good. I think balance team dont really have any idea what to do with the 76mm and e8. If they turned 76mm into standard medium tank like t34/85 and p4 (ok vs armor and inf) and then made e8 more like panther/comet (good armor and hp, good penetration but low reload speed and anti inf performance) then we could use these tanks in new commanders to make them good.
13 Jan 2019, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 12:56 PMddd

The problem with this is that 76mm wasnt really fixed. Its still barely used and not very good. I think balance team dont really have any idea what to do with the 76mm and e8. If they turned 76mm into standard medium tank like t34/85 and p4 (ok vs armor and inf) and then made e8 more like panther/comet (good armor and hp, good penetration but low reload speed and anti inf performance) then we could use these tanks in new commanders to make them good.

Agreed.
13 Jan 2019, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 08:51 AMSmartie
HI Guys,
i would like to get some constructive feedback on possible upgrade options for Assgrens and veterancy changes to make the unit more viable.

Upgrade option idea:
- Unit can be upgraded with a flamethrower (costs 60 mun), upgrade unlocked after finishing battlephase 1
The flamethrower would fit thematically really good and would give the Wehrmacht more options for house cleaning.

- Unit can be upgraded with 4 &Stg44 to make the unit more useful in the later stages of games, timing of the upgrade up to debate.

If the Assgrens would get a proper upgrade cost increase would be justified (300 MP)

Thx!

flamethrower and speedbust isn't a good combo.

Assualt grens are okish early game but they really scale badly.
13 Jan 2019, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 08:51 AMSmartie
HI Guys,

Upgrade option idea:

Thx!

The one issue I could see is that flamethrower + sprint + assault grenades would be kinda OP. It'd probably be possible to wipe a garrisoned machinegun just by using sprint and then assault grenading it and letting the flamer finish it off unless he jumps out immediately when he sees the assault grens.
14 Jan 2019, 01:08 AM

There are not vehicle model leftovers from CoH, only the emplacements like the concrete bunker, US medic station, British Artillery emplacement and so on.

The Wilberwind was modded in by eliw00d back in 2013 but Relic disabled importing models into the game since then.

Yes, some were even added in the commander revamp patch like the concrete bunker and 223.

I remember seeing a picture posted here a few years back of the Jagdpanther in game. Was it fake or were the assets actually in the game for it?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS