Login

russian armor

New units for the new commanders

5 Jan 2019, 22:27 PM

Just for the record, there are currently voice lines for a Tiger, StuG and Halftrack for the OKW.

exactly, that's why it's obvious that it should be added

Can Brits have CQC mainlines in doc? Pretty please?

accually brits lacks of main line infantry that works in mid range mobile unit like penals or gren squad equipt with g43.

Hard to say how to make a new unit, new model with but sort of scotish highlander squad would be highly welcome. Commandos can't fill that role, Infantry section are more long range, static squad and royal enginners are too weak. New unit will fill that role perfectly.

Currently UKF has the smaller amount of infantry squads.

So generally speaking i see new brits commander with:
- recon infantry section call in,
- stuart tank call-in,
- m-10 or sherman tank in T3
- new call-in AT call-in squad (Commandos Piat-AT squad)
- lindfield scope rifle upgrade
- mortar team
- mid range mobile and main line infantry squad
5 Jan 2019, 23:11 PM

I've been thinking in general that a thompson upgrade for infantry sections could be nice. Heck, it could even replace the worthless vickers k in the worthless resupply halftrack in the worthless tactical support commander so the entire thing isn't friggin useless.
6 Jan 2019, 03:43 AM

I've been thinking in general that a thompson upgrade for infantry sections could be nice. Heck, it could even replace the worthless vickers k in the worthless resupply halftrack in the worthless tactical support commander so the entire thing isn't friggin useless.

It is easy to call it "useless". Until you start seeing 6 man penals running around with 2 Vickers K xD

Cons with Vickers K, or dual LMG rifles (1 USF doctrinal LMG, 1 Vickers K) are also quite fun.
6 Jan 2019, 06:52 AM

Soviet paratroopers would be bad ass, just make them guards troops with shock trooper helmets, svts, ability to upgrade to either ppsh or dp-28.
6 Jan 2019, 09:09 AM

M8 scott for brits !!!! Rework team are listen me?! Pls note that we NEED MORE idirect fire for brits
6 Jan 2019, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2019, 22:27 PMStark
accually brits lacks of main line infantry that works in mid range mobile unit like penals or gren squad equipt with g43.

Hard to say how to make a new unit, new model with but sort of scotish highlander squad would be highly welcome. Commandos can't fill that role, Infantry section are more long range, static squad and royal enginners are too weak. New unit will fill that role perfectly.

I've been thinking in general that a thompson upgrade for infantry sections could be nice.

2 Assault Section- an Infantry Section that doesn't have out-of-cover penalites. Equipped with a Tommy gun, Enfields with fewer movement penalties, and No. 77 WP Grenades for both smokescreen and anti-garrison use. Can fire Bren guns while moving. 320mp, 32 per man.

M8 scott for brits !!!! Rework team are listen me?! Pls note that we NEED MORE idirect fire for brits

The Sherman IVB (British M4A3(105)) isn't quite indirect fire, but would be more historically accurate.
6 Jan 2019, 21:12 PM

2 Assault Section- an Infantry Section that doesn't have out-of-cover penalites. Equipped with a Tommy gun, Enfields with fewer movement penalties, and No. 77 WP Grenades for both smokescreen and anti-garrison use. Can fire Bren guns while moving. 320mp, 32 per man.

The Sherman IVB (British M4A3(105)) isn't quite indirect fire, but would be more historically accurate.

I like the assault section idea. IMO should either be armed with 4 tommies and an enfield (assuming 5 men) or just 1 thompson that doesn't take up a slot and can have double commando brens (the fire-on-the-move ones), and as you said the enfields with less movement penalties and maybe with a more midrange oriented dps curve. Maybe even give them a BAR upgrade instead of brens or something (the only top tier allied midrange weapon I could think of).
6 Jan 2019, 21:19 PM

I like the assault section idea. IMO should either be armed with 4 tommies and an enfield (assuming 5 men) or just 1 thompson that doesn't take up a slot and can have double commando brens (the fire-on-the-move ones), and as you said the enfields with less movement penalties and maybe with a more midrange oriented dps curve. Maybe even give them a BAR upgrade instead of brens or something (the only top tier allied midrange weapon I could think of).

As if the normal Tommy Bren blobs aren't bad enough you want to give them commando Brens with no out-of-cover penalty? No thanks.

A Thompson armed assault squad with Volksgrenadier-like charactaristics seems good enough. No need to put all sorts of weird weapons on them, the weapon profile can simply fit whatever you want it to be. An assault squad with most of its DPS in the low to mid range.
6 Jan 2019, 22:46 PM

As if the normal Tommy Bren blobs aren't bad enough you want to give them commando Brens with no out-of-cover penalty? No thanks.

A Thompson armed assault squad with Volksgrenadier-like charactaristics seems good enough. No need to put all sorts of weird weapons on them, the weapon profile can simply fit whatever you want it to be. An assault squad with most of its DPS in the low to mid range.

They're not commando Brens; they can fire on the move, but don't have the much higher DPS. Between the higher cost, 2CP requirement, and lack of normal Tommy upgrades, I think the unit works nicely. It's not just numbers I'm throwing out, I've tested it.
6 Jan 2019, 23:48 PM

You right.

Yeah I guess that would be a good solution too.
7 Jan 2019, 02:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am all in for the inclusion of Soviet Assault Engineers:

4-man squad, 320 manpower, locked behind CP 1.
Each model costs 27 to reinforce (same as Guards), and has combat performance slightly less than Shock Troop model (same armor, easier to hit, armed with less accurate PPsH). Cannot construct defenses (wire/mines) or tech buildings or caches.

Abilities:
Rudamentary Repair (slower than normal engie, same as P.Gren repair)
Satchel Charge (non-homing)
Cut Wire (no prerequisite upgrades)
Smoke Grenade (vet 1)

Upgrades:
Flamethrower as usual. No minesweeper upgrade.
7 Jan 2019, 02:31 AM

how about swaggy wehrmacht horse soldiers..

..because Germans fight with style.
7 Jan 2019, 08:54 AM

I am all in for the inclusion of Soviet Assault Engineers:

4-man squad, 320 manpower, locked behind CP 1.
Each model costs 27 to reinforce (same as Guards), and has combat performance slightly less than Shock Troop model (same armor, easier to hit, armed with less accurate PPsH). Cannot construct defenses (wire/mines) or tech buildings or caches.

Abilities:
Rudamentary Repair (slower than normal engie, same as P.Gren repair)
Satchel Charge (non-homing)
Cut Wire (no prerequisite upgrades)
Smoke Grenade (vet 1)

Upgrades:
Flamethrower as usual. No minesweeper upgrade.

That's shock troops(in coh2 sense).
Assault engineers emerged as first "shock squad" in siege of Stalingrad, them and only them were supplied with steel body armor.

(shock armies were something completely different before semantic hero barges in with his theories)
7 Jan 2019, 13:40 PM

Pls give me the panzer 4 f1 (the stubby one)
I love the stubby panzer in combination with panzer grens :)
7 Jan 2019, 13:51 PM

The command panzer already exists and its an F1....
7 Jan 2019, 21:30 PM

This thread definitely went places.

For what it's worth, I'd mostly want to see new units that are not redundant with existing ones. So, I wouldn't want more g43/STG units for axis or more PTRS/Thompson units for allies.

IMO the commisar or the 221 is a good model (conceptually, not literally the visual game model) for new stuff in that they provide a change of functionality and give you something that is good early on and has a role in the late game as well.
8 Jan 2019, 05:48 AM

This thread definitely went places.

For what it's worth, I'd mostly want to see new units that are not redundant with existing ones. So, I wouldn't want more g43/STG units for axis or more PTRS/Thompson units for allies.

IMO the commisar or the 221 is a good model (conceptually, not literally the visual game model) for new stuff in that they provide a change of functionality and give you something that is good early on and has a role in the late game as well.

I agree with that sentiment. However at the end of the day we can only suggest and few people actually have a say on what's going in and what's not.

And there's a lot of factors which go into that of course, I'm not saying somebody is calling the shots here just because they like something or not.

Things such as complexity and time of implementing something, balance, practicality, game assets and so on all go into the mix.

At least that's what I would like to think.
8 Jan 2019, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2019, 13:51 PMgbem
The command panzer already exists and its an F1....

I know that...
But I want to build more then 1 and to a cheaper price and without the command aura.
9 Jan 2019, 17:33 PM

Pls give me the panzer 4 f1 (the stubby one)
I love the stubby panzer in combination with panzer grens :)

Also would like to see a Panzer 4 F1.

Why not making the Commando-Panzer be a Ausf. G like OKW's model instead? Spawning with extra armor.

So we can make a useful F1 like in CoH1.
9 Jan 2019, 19:49 PM

Also would like to see a Panzer 4 F1.

Why not making the Commando-Panzer be a Ausf. G like OKW's model instead? Spawning with extra armor.

So we can make a useful F1 like in CoH1.

Genau.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 262
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L