Login

russian armor

Brit cancer emplacements regiment

1 Jan 2019, 17:14 PM

you guys know how to have a civil conversation..
1 Jan 2019, 17:15 PM

well, i guess the vid this guy posted is the nearest you get to a valid answer.
cim city is a fraud but nothing you cant do shit against.
most the times for me panzergrens with shreks are enought to delete them, there are many other ways
1 Jan 2019, 17:31 PM

Maybe you should watch this tutorial, it will be good for you :)

Will help more than charging a volks blob into the bofors, probably the only thing you tried so far

Well i guess ur not a complete prick thx buddy
1 Jan 2019, 17:41 PM

I find it annoying to play against but dealing with it is at least doable. Biggest thing to keep in mind is that you can’t take off any pressure at all. If I see a sim city I’ll usually get double leigs or mortars, which, with good micro, would be enough if they don’t go advanced emplacements, but if they do you have to repeatedly barrage while also smoking the bofors (getting hit by attack ground is still infinitely more preferable than auto attack) and hitting it with flames or schrecks or something with your infantry. It’s a pain and a lot more work than should be necessary but without emplacements he probably doesn’t have much of an army outside of some sections (which are strong but not against combined arms as they obviously lack the tools to deal with everything themselves) and engineers and he won’t really be able to use his commander abilities either, putting him at a disadvantage when compared to if he has gone another commander/army composition.

As a Brit player, there’s just much better things to be doing. It’s like how making literally only hmgs and mortars as ost or soviets or whatever can be really annoying and hard to play against, but doesn’t really work, and has much better alternatives.
1 Jan 2019, 18:09 PM

A thread about Brit Emplacements?
What a great way to start 2019.
1 Jan 2019, 19:06 PM

And all it tells me is ur a 3v3 player and ur opinion aint worth shit

And OP is so bad that he thinks emplacements are op.
What's your take on his opinion then?
1 Jan 2019, 19:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IB4 smoking and flanking myself out of this thread.

Focus the forward assembly, no the emplacements.

1 Jan 2019, 20:23 PM

Dealing with Sim City British is the exact same as dealing with Wehrmacht MG/Bunker spam. You need indirect artillery to deal with it.
1 Jan 2019, 20:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

A good tip here is to attack the forward HQ where the repair pios spawn from. The automated repair pios won't repair their own emplacement so you don't have to worry about auto repair from them, it also lacks brace.

Be civil, I will OKW sector assualt this thread if it remains unconstructive
1 Jan 2019, 20:34 PM

You've got to kill the Forward Assemblies first. The repair automatrons repair crazy fast and respawn so quickly the emplacements are practically invulnerable with them up.
3 Jan 2019, 09:11 AM

drinu019, so just after you opened this thread, i encountered sth i would consider a prime example of cim city and i thought about you :3

As stated we mostly played around the city and hit it with mortar fire. (1 barage at the time)
since he didnt have the mp to come after us, we just abused his teammate. unfortunately my teammate gifted him a p4 and a panther but well..
As soon as i had a tiger comming out, cim city was over

in the end, he didnt get much from his emplacements. his mortars didnt kill anything, his bofors was continously forced into brace and the dmg he dealt was mostly due to anti tank.
it was a boring game, i honestly think cim city player dont have much fun neither, but hey. nothing you cant deal with
3 Jan 2019, 09:21 AM

I've tried using emplacements in recent games but the only one I find useful is the 17pdr and that's mostly because most axis players never expect it.

As someone above mentioned. Target the forward assembly first as that is whats repairing everything.

Plus the usual counter of mortar halftracks etc.
3 Jan 2019, 09:26 AM

and if nothing else helps, you can just play as allies^^
3 Jan 2019, 18:09 PM

If sim City is so eady beatable...than why dont u try to battle stuve with his new brit cancer strategie? Must be easy for u to win vs him, right?
3 Jan 2019, 18:13 PM

In that game that AE cast, it looked like the sim city got countered pretty well.

Then again, Stuve is one of the recent tournament winners, so he's probably a pretty good player regardless of what strategy he uses.

So, you know, that's a bad example.
3 Jan 2019, 18:15 PM

In that game that AE cast, it looked like the sim city got countered pretty well.

Then again, Stuve is one of the recent tournament winners, so he's probably a pretty good player regardless of what strategy he uses.

So, you know, that's a bad example.

It is a bad example/theory but on the other hand the argument that since Top players do not use a specific strategy it is not problematic strategy(/it is balanced) is being repeated regularly in this forum and it is an even worse theory.
3 Jan 2019, 18:26 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/85038/guide-to-beating-sim-city-in-1v1-as-okw

I made a strategy/guide for countering the Stuves of this world, if anyone's interested. :snfBarton:
3 Jan 2019, 18:52 PM

ullumulu, its nice that you list your playercard, some replays and stuff, why dont you add you iq or a document that acknowledges your ability to read?

derbyhat, read your guide real quick.
its funny that you mention the baserush at the end. not long ago i had a game against a city, where i did exactly that.

the city was on the first upper vp

but in 2v2 it comes down to the same crucial step, abuse the city players teammate. the city doesnt move os it cant help him. dont know about the highest elo, with Wehr im Lvl 14 , not leaderbord

3 Jan 2019, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2019, 18:15 PMVipper

It is a bad example/theory but on the other hand the argument that since Top players do not use a specific strategy it is not problematic strategy(/it is balanced) is being repeated regularly in this forum and it is an even worse theory.

Yeah, though I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

3 Jan 2019, 19:14 PM

Yeah, though I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

well, 80% (own figure) of the posts here are taken out of context or anwered in a way that makes you question the persons intelligence. some people just say sth for the sake of saying it, just as they do everywhere else
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★