Login

russian armor

Brit cancer emplacements regiment

3 Jan 2019, 19:14 PM

the only real problem i might see that this repair pios can repair while the emplacement is being attacked, which is kind of odd, either fixing this or increasing spawn time will fix this issue, the problem are not the emplacements themselves but rather the 24/7 repair..

AS a counter i would suggest first focusing the repair statin then the emplacements
4 Jan 2019, 00:32 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised post for excess flame
4 Jan 2019, 00:41 AM

haha, i even pmed him about his toxicity.

mod, can you tell me how to post a screenshot so you can zoom in on it?
i posted some in this forum which are hardly any good cuz you cant see shit
4 Jan 2019, 06:36 AM

Imo emplacements arent a big problem as okw... leig smoke + 3/4 volks + lavanade = dead emplacemnts...

Ost on the other hand may struggle a bit
4 Jan 2019, 06:58 AM

as ost you have a bigger arsenal of flame weapons, better mortar (halftrack), better shreks and a brumbär if you need it in the late minutes.
leig as i have seen often, uses to get blasted by the pit and volks normally dont get too close to a bfors before being wiped. if you can get it braced before making your push the nade doesnt to anything, you have to poker that you can hit it the moment it leaves brace without just stomping your poor inf. and this does not take into consideration the british inf to counter your advance or in teamgames his mates
4 Jan 2019, 07:01 AM

The flame ht dies fast to sappers with at nades... 3 volks + smoke is much more reliable vs bofors than anything ost gets...

As ost the best solution is the stug...
4 Jan 2019, 07:22 AM

i agree, the flame-ht is risky, since you need to be sure the bofors cant hit it and snare pretty much meanss it will die.
bofors has a pretty good roe, ability or manuel targeting, so smoke wont be that effective. even more so if it just braces the moment you get too close.
the stug could be nice, but only if the brit build his implacement in a position with good los, and they most likely wont + stug is an easy target for at. i would consider trying the pak first with good support of an mg to defend it from brit inf advance.

I can only say what works for me. playing around it and barraging it whenever i have the mortar or munition to spare. it doesnt move and as long as its up your opponent has some serious problems covering the map (cim city of 2-3 pits 1 bofors + fw assembly, most likely at guns)
4 Jan 2019, 10:21 AM

A pak is a horrible idea for 2 reasons... 1. Mortar fire... 2. Bofors barrage... you could well end up with a dead pak before youve done anything useful...

Best option is to get a stug and simply engage the bofors with or without smoke
4 Jan 2019, 11:24 AM

Swarming with volks and smoke to throw flame nades is a decent option, but the enemy can still use attack ground, brace and probably has some trenches around it with infantry. You'd have to bait the brace first, then throw the flame nades on the emplacements just before the brace ends and retreat outside of weapon range. 3 flame nades bring the health of an AE Bofors down to about 1/3 HP, 4 flame nades to 1/10 HP, which doesn't consider the Forward Assembly automatrons that will repair it in the meantime. You have to combine it with a broader attack to make it work, otherwise you're wasting munitions.

Stugs, like Puma's, are not very reliable because the enemy can simply get 1-2 AT guns next to his Bofors, making head-on attacks useless. I favour the Panther because it can atleast flank and kill the Forward Assemblies and retreat with some HP left, while also countering any tank the Brit may bring out. There's enough time for teching anyway.

Raketens and PAK's work fine against emplacements. Suppressive barrage can be dodged and you can still recrew them with infantry if the mortars get them. You could also use a halftrack/med truck to reinforce them. Both outrange the Bofors, are relatively cheap, come early and can also help against tanks. Just make sure to spot for them with jaegers/kubel/sniper/222/similar for the best performance. Also keep units nearby for recrewing and to repel counterattacks. With 2 AT guns it normally takes 5 volleys to kill an AE Bofors + repair automatrons, with 3-4 AT guns it takes 3 volleys and with 5 AT guns it takes 2 volleys.

LEIG should IMO not be your main counter, but be used against the trenches to allow your infantry and AT guns to do their work. Don't let it autofire, but use manual barrage and smoke + shift-move to avoid counterbatteries and the mortar pits. You could also target the Forward Assemblies, which get taken out with 2-3 barrages.
4 Jan 2019, 14:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 00:41 AMBaba
mod, can you tell me how to post a screenshot so you can zoom in on it?
i posted some in this forum which are hardly any good cuz you cant see shit

Not sure what you are specifically having issues with but:

Ingame: cheatmods, either v1 or v2, have an option to remove the zoom you can do within the game.

Software: any free recording program like Fraps should have an option to let you screenshot or save a video.

Upload: any site like imgur

Forums: image are scaled so they don't deform the forum. For an extended view, you just need to reopen an image in another tab.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★