Login

russian armor

OKW 221

18 Dec 2018, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 16:38 PMDiablo
Does not answer my question how do i hold points with puphen

Rakpuppchen can cap flags. Did not say hold. But it can cap them.
The Scout car cannot cap or hold flags. That's what was he meant.
18 Dec 2018, 17:04 PM

Haven't you checked GCS2 and 2vs2 tournament stats ?

Soviets SUFFER 1!1!!1!1111!1

How are Soviets suffering? Really?
18 Dec 2018, 17:16 PM

I think it's text-based Internet sarcasm.
18 Dec 2018, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 15:18 PMKatitof
T0 0CP vehicles need to be in check somehow as due to lack of any AT/AT nade options on allied side within first minutes would lead to potent vehicle roflstomping them.

Its not bad, but its not going to be much more useful(well, durable, useful it is) then Kubel.

If it was stronger(aka more durable) out of the gate, there simply wouldn't be a counter to it at that time as USF is vet locked from AT nades, UKF is tech locked and soviets would have to commit to upgrade that shouldn't be needed at that time, weakening their already poor vs OKW early game.

Please apply your logic to the T1 Soviet scout car that's been spoiling the early game balance since the first damn day. Scout car comes earlier but unlike with sovs, we're not going to be seeing hundreds of replays of the 221 roflstomping squads on retreat.

Flamer scout car has always been a mistake. Katitof, please drop your bias. If the 221 doesn't need to be too good when it comes at 30 fuel, the soviet scout car needs a goddamn good looking at. How many tourney games were we forced to watch that cheese? And you were silent, Katitof. L2Speak for balance, not bias.

"soviets would have to commit to upgrade that shouldn't be needed at that time, weakening their already poor vs OKW early game"

Laughing
my
FCKNG
ASS
off.

But you wouldn't apply the same logic of "OKW have to field a damn ATG in the first few minutes to handle Scout car, Bren, USF truck and then have it sit wasting MP income for 15 minutes. Noooooo! No, just allies suffer.

Disgusting bias, kati. Disgusting.

18 Dec 2018, 18:56 PM

Please apply your logic to the T1 Soviet scout car that's been spoiling the early game balance since the first damn day. Scout car comes earlier but unlike with sovs, we're not going to be seeing hundreds of replays of the 221 roflstomping squads on retreat.

Flamer scout car has always been a mistake. Katitof, please drop your bias. If the 221 doesn't need to be too good when it comes at 30 fuel, the soviet scout car needs a goddamn good looking at. How many tourney games were we forced to watch that cheese? And you were silent, Katitof. L2Speak for balance, not bias.

"soviets would have to commit to upgrade that shouldn't be needed at that time, weakening their already poor vs OKW early game"

Laughing
my
FCKNG
ASS
off.

But you wouldn't apply the same logic of "OKW have to field a damn ATG in the first few minutes to handle Scout car, Bren, USF truck and then have it sit wasting MP income for 15 minutes. Noooooo! No, just allies suffer.

Disgusting bias, kati. Disgusting.

221 cost 20 fuel, not 30 fuel.

If anyone here feel that 221 is too weak for its 20 fuel cost. Please support me on official website. https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245523/okw-s-221-is-too-weak-for-its-20-fuel-cost
18 Dec 2018, 19:07 PM

Isnt the only purpose of this unit to get it for sector lockdown anyway?
18 Dec 2018, 19:08 PM

It's 223, not 221.
18 Dec 2018, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:35 PMDiablo
Ok so you have a sturmpioneer. Now on a lot of ocasions what happens is that in order to get sturmpioneer on adequate distance to deal good damage you risk 1 or 2 models already dead. If you dont retreat at that moment you risk squad being dead and i think its how its should be as sturmpioneers are good at ambushes. But the thing is to ambush a vehicle you need AT and guess what, they dont have it except shrek.

Then don't fight when you're not sure to win. This topic is incredible OKW is already and still the best early game faction, now you have even more tools to counter a M3 with the 221 but yeah it can't do it alone so you need at least a squad nearby to seal the deal.
18 Dec 2018, 20:19 PM

Currently, yes. That's the issue. Just like when the OST had the 221 its only job was to wait and be upgraded into a 222. The 221 itself was garbage and as such it got removed and the 222 was simply made stock. The issue lies in that they added the 221 back. If they had no intent of it being somewhat useful as the 221 they shouldn't be ducking around by having it just as a catalyst for the 223 same as they had for Ost and just jump to it.

As it is a 20 fuel after truck after tech unit is losing to a fuel free t0 unit from brits and a 15 fuel transport from Soviet t1 (10 fuel and 160mp prerequisite) which is unacceptable in terms of simple math. If making it cheaper or more durable is going to make it too problematic for USF then perhaps it's AI should be toned down but allow its AP to ensure that it acts like a 222 lite- durable and anti transport offering okw an armored approach without over doing their AI.
18 Dec 2018, 20:55 PM

the strength of the 221 is not necassarly ist raw stats, you can push effectivly in the early, make it worth you mp then convert into a Opel and basically get a somewhat free Opel. No other sc has this they have to make a schock impakt otherwise they become next to useless…
I Dont think ist op (Maybe a bit to strong against usf) but i certainly disagree in buffing ist armor
18 Dec 2018, 22:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised multiple posts for excess flame. Be nice and talk about the 221 :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS