Login

russian armor

OKW 221

18 Dec 2018, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 14:00 PMKatitof

Soooo, you are not capping points before 10th minute?
And having ATG on field before light tanks arrive ENSURES oppoent will be much less aggressive with that light, giving you more breathing room.

Also, what the hell you are going on about with the resource on AT upgrade?
You're trying to refer to USF and UKF need to research racks?
You do realize that directly impacts timing of tech and lights in early game, while getting puppchen does not in the slightest AND allows you to have a hardcounter for these lights as well?

Genuine question, have you ever played 1v1 or 2v2 at rank better then 500? Because by denying usefulness of rakketen in completely shutting down shock light vehicle play in very early game(M3, UC and now dodge) making opponent waste resources for nothing AND allowing you to have a capper AND already on field ATG when its needed, you talk like someone who wasn't even close to that.

How on earth does raketen "completely" shut down light vehicle play? 60% accuracy at long range against stationary targets, collision with terrain, and super long aim time which allows light vehicles to get out of the arc before the rak even fires.

The rak is important because it's the only counter to shock light vehicles, not an easy auto-win as you claim. I've abused clown car for ridiculous bleed/map control against numerous top 100 opponents (around my level, so it's not a skill-gap issue) even with them going raketen as 4th or 5th unit. You speak as if t0 AT gun was some wondrous blessing, when the fact is that it's a must-have for OKW to even play the game. The reason Allies don't get T0 AT Gun is because Axis doesn't get a UC or a clown car equivalent - if they did, Allies would need a T0 AT Gun too.

How did the opponent waste resources for nothing? The scout car or UC will inflict bleed no matter what. It forced the OKW player to waste 270mp that delays their next Volks. You claim getting a 270mp non-fighting, non-engineer unit "will not impact timing and tech in the slightest. 270mp is more than 1 minute's worth of manpower income, which is enough to reduce the Luch or Flak HT's window before T70/Stuart/AEC to pretty much nothing. The rak can occasionally cap 1 or 2 points AFTER you've won a big engagement, but you're going to have to keep building volks after that raketen to even win fights. A 270mp capping unit that loses to a CE squad, and for the next 5 to 10 minutes just bleeds and feeds veterancy is regarded as "no opportunity cost" by you, somehow. As seen in GCS2, some top players try to go 4 volks without raketen simply because the opportunity cost of getting an early AT gun is fairly significant, which is something you completely brushed aside.

The thing is, I actually agree with your earlier post(s) that the 221 shouldn't be a powerful shock/bleed unit because Allies lack the early game counters. Somehow though this post has delved once again to your irrational (and incorrect) obsession with hurdurrr T0 AT gun so stronk arhmerhgerd.
18 Dec 2018, 15:15 PM

I don't think 15 fuel would make hell of a large difference when it comes to spam. Knock off 5 fuel and add a point of armour and see how that feels?

I think King Tiger should start as T0 unit. Perhaps even buff it.

Have it one shot the enemy HQ. That's not overpowered, see how it feels?
Edit: Give it SturmTiger ammo, but with 1 sec reload. Have it shoot down planes with it's 380mm ammo.
Edit: Have it shoot down mortar rounds, too.
18 Dec 2018, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 15:18 PMKatitof
weakening their already poor vs OKW early game.
In what universe are usf riflemen cant deal with volks? Or soviet penals or british sections?
18 Dec 2018, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:19 PMDiablo
In what universe are usf riflemen cant deal with volks? Or soviet penals or british sections?

His.
18 Dec 2018, 15:25 PM

It can already be built after having an SWS on the field.

At that point it's good enough to hunt down a sniper or to push off lone squads, HMGs or light vehicles.
What light vehicles are we talking about. Clown car has 2 M2HB on it frong and back. Carrier has bren with potential wickers and only light vehicles usa has is M20 car but nobody(i have not seen in a while) goes for it.
18 Dec 2018, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:25 PMDiablo
What light vehicles are we talking about. Clown car has 2 M2HB on it frong and back. Carrier has bren with potential wickers and only light vehicles usa has is M20 car but nobody(i have not seen in a while) goes for it.

Well none of the faction you mentioned has Sturmpioner as starting unit. You can use both together to your opponent lv.
18 Dec 2018, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:30 PMEsxile

Well none of the faction you mentioned has Sturmpioner as starting unit. You can use both together to your opponent lv.
Ok so you have a sturmpioneer. Now on a lot of ocasions what happens is that in order to get sturmpioneer on adequate distance to deal good damage you risk 1 or 2 models already dead. If you dont retreat at that moment you risk squad being dead and i think its how its should be as sturmpioneers are good at ambushes. But the thing is to ambush a vehicle you need AT and guess what, they dont have it except shrek.
18 Dec 2018, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:35 PMDiablo
Ok so you have a sturmpioneer. Now on a lot of ocasions what happens is that in order to get sturmpioneer on adequate distance to deal good damage you risk 1 or 2 models already dead. If you dont retreat at that moment you risk squad being dead and i think its how its should be as sturmpioneers are good at ambushes. But the thing is to ambush a vehicle you need AT and guess what, they dont have it except shrek.

AT mine.
PzFaust.
PzShrek.
Rapuppchen.
JgTiger II.
18 Dec 2018, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2018, 19:30 PMKatitof

See, thing is, 221 is NOT combat vehicle.
Its armed utility vehicle and nothing more.
It can heal, maphack, boost resources, no other vehicle can do it and this is where its cost is allocated, not its armor or firepower.

Also, 250 is in ost, its pointless to compare it cross faction.
Well what is it doing in elite armour then. I thought elite means the best but instead i get a "buff" truck. NOICE.
18 Dec 2018, 15:41 PM

AT mine.
PzFaust.
PzShrek.
Rapuppchen.
JgTiger II.
Use all that against clown car which can come out on minute 1. OK. I mean dont get me wrong puppchen is a good at gun with good for its purposes range. But how do i hold points with it against attack of infantry and vehicles together?
18 Dec 2018, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:41 PMDiablo
Use all that against clown car which can come out on minute 1. OK. I mean dont get me wrong puppchen is a good at gun with good for its purposes range. But how do i hold points with it against attack of infantry and vehicles together?

This game cannot be won.
If I choose paper, he goes scissor
If I choose scissors, he goes rock
If I choose rock, he chooses paper

I simply cannot auto win with no effort :p
I want a game like console if I do left-left-left-up-down-right I auto-win while in pvp.

This game is flawed if I cannot auto win with my opponent having no chance of opposing me.

EDIT: Combined arms, of course.
18 Dec 2018, 16:31 PM

I think King Tiger should start as T0 unit. Perhaps even buff it.

Have it one shot the enemy HQ. That's not overpowered, see how it feels?
Edit: Give it SturmTiger ammo, but with 1 sec reload. Have it shoot down planes with it's 380mm ammo.
Edit: Have it shoot down mortar rounds, too.

What kinda shitty low effort attempt at a troll is this?
18 Dec 2018, 16:33 PM

What kinda shitty low effort attempt at a troll is this?

It's necessary to be in the game, so as for Axis to be competitive.
Axis right now is the weakest faction in the game.

Flak88 is needed as Axis starting unit. Make it replace Base MGs
18 Dec 2018, 16:35 PM

25 fuel and 125mp IS a settback if got too soon.

So is raketen, unlike what katilol propaganda says
18 Dec 2018, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:41 PMDiablo

With just a Raketenwerfer? You don't. You keep it with your infantry to defend them from the Clown Car.
18 Dec 2018, 16:38 PM

This game cannot be won.

I simply cannot auto win with no effort :p
I want a game like console if I do left-left-left-up-down-right I auto-win while in pvp.

This game is flawed if I cannot auto win with my opponent having no chance of opposing me.

EDIT: Combined arms, of course.
Does not answer my question how do i hold points with puphen
18 Dec 2018, 16:38 PM

Getting a Rak a bit early still allows you to keep up aggression with your proper infantry and cap with the rak as it can retreat to safety if attacked and if the enemy pulls a squad to stop your AT GUN from capping then that's a squad that isn't in the infantry fight. If you happen to run into a cache you are golden. It's plenty viable getting it a bit early. At nade tech takes mp away FR the front and fuel from teching AND requires another, full priced squad to do anything. An unattractive squad at that
18 Dec 2018, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 15:19 PMDiablo

Haven't you checked GCS2 and 2vs2 tournament stats ?

Soviets SUFFER 1!1!!1!1111!1
18 Dec 2018, 16:42 PM

Getting a Rak a bit early still allows you to keep up aggression with your proper infantry and cap with the rak as it can retreat to safety if attacked and if the enemy pulls a squad to stop your AT GUN from capping then that's a squad that isn't in the infantry fight. If you happen to run into a cache you are golden. It's plenty viable getting it a bit early. At nade tech takes mp away FR the front and fuel from teching AND requires another, full priced squad to do anything. An unattractive squad at that

And that's the reason why basically nobody in GCS2 ever built an early raketen ?

Can you provide me a single clip of actual early game raketen stealth capping ?

HOLY....
On what universe caches are built early ?

Hell boy, call your profile Katitof 2.0 if you gotta keep up his nonsense.

And no, depending on teching and timing, raketen is something you may want to avoid, being the shittiest and most unreliable at gun ever, while the at grenade is always useful.
18 Dec 2018, 17:00 PM

This game cannot be won.

Basically.

|I agree that making Raketen impedes anti IF efforts.
But then Scout car is a risk. It cuts both ways.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS