Login

russian armor

Let's talk about the scott

PAGES (7)down
9 Dec 2018, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 13:34 PMNaOCl

That's the reward for good micro.

I can say the same, but for the sturmpanzer.
9 Dec 2018, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 13:58 PMLago

All the smoke firing vehicles I can think of can. Issuing the order makes them stop, but if you issue another move command they'll still fire it.

The fire smoke rounds not smoke barrage...
9 Dec 2018, 14:36 PM

I can say the same, but for the sturmpanzer.

But you don't need good micro with it atm, that's why it gets nerfs.
9 Dec 2018, 15:07 PM

But you don't need good micro with it atm, that's why it gets nerfs.

Ever played them? They got the nerf because of the good effect with good micro, wihtout hit ground they are useless. Maybe worst AI-weapon in game, because it doesn't hit because of bad target and slow shell.
9 Dec 2018, 15:39 PM

Its combination of firepower, mobility and survivability is borderline OP and super annoying to fight against. Especially because it can hide behind the Jackson wall with its 60 range.

Ostheer is pretty much defenseless except for diving in with a Panther while OKW has a tiny chance to ambush it with stealthed Rakettens.

Anyway, I'd say its killing potential is the biggest problem. Especially at medium to close range where a pair of them just becomes super wipey. It needs a slight ROF nerf and then it should be fine.

ROF nerf & great decrease to accuracy when it's moving. At this momemnt it's shooting while driving 200km/h speed. Decrease rof & accuracy when it moves.
9 Dec 2018, 15:43 PM

Ever played them? They got the nerf because of the good effect with good micro, wihtout hit ground they are useless. Maybe worst AI-weapon in game, because it doesn't hit because of bad target and slow shell.

They got nerfed, because you literally point and clicked and whatever you aimed at that wasn't retreating went poof.

They got nerfed, because barrage was wiping ATGs with pinpoint accuracy and close to no scatter.

They got nerfed, because very high armor and health was too difficult to puncture for ATGs and you can't really spam TDs with their current cost and pop cap.
9 Dec 2018, 16:05 PM

They got nerfed, because you literally point and clicked and whatever you aimed at that wasn't retreating went poof.

They got nerfed, because barrage was wiping ATGs with pinpoint accuracy and close to no scatter.

They got nerfed, because very high armor and health was too difficult to puncture for ATGs and you can't really spam TDs with their current cost and pop cap.

Normally you don't build PaKs versus Brummbärs, only if you can cover them with tank-destroyer.

And the way you played Brummbär was one of the most micro-needed unit ingame. It still is, now even more.
9 Dec 2018, 17:54 PM

This unit combines weapon range, maneuverability and smoke.

Nerf its HP or maneuverability.
9 Dec 2018, 19:39 PM

This thing hit like a leig, is greatly mobile, has nearly pin-point accuracy and fast reload, if used in pair and microed well will cause massive MP bleed, winning most infantry fights in favor of USF (as if rifles late game aren't strong enough).

With the recent changes to indirect-fire weapons (and also the sturmpanzer), why is this thing left out? I've seen it used to deadly effects by a certain USF player (don't know if I should post his name here), who always build 2 of these, 2 jacksons and blob his rifles and officers and win every time vs any opponent (2v2 or 3v3 team game).

If you complaint so much about the sturmpanzer then I'd like to see this thing nerfed too, it's so fast that makes it so hard to catch, and it's not so expensive for it's performance.

Yes, please post name. I've been watching the 2v2 finals on Twitch and haven't seen anyone play the terribly OP USF. Did the elite players agree that USF was too OP to play in a tournament?
9 Dec 2018, 22:04 PM

Only when ground attack is used. Without ground attack it´s not really accurate enough to do well, basically like a mini Brummbär.

The barrage is pretty accurate though, but obviously can´t be fired on the move.

Actually looking at the stats, it looks like 0.05/0.0375/0.025 which actually lets it roll hits vs its natural counters like a puma.
ddd
9 Dec 2018, 22:14 PM

Oh my god. The fabled op scotts that win you every game. I wonder why nobody at the 2v2 tournament did pick usf, spam scotts, cover them with jacksons and take easiest 5k$ in their lives? Can anyone from the axis biased crowd in this forum explain that to me?
9 Dec 2018, 22:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 14:11 PMLago

I didn't say they weren't used. I said people referred to them as trash units.

Makes you wonder how many other units are hiding out there with an incorrect common perception.

9 Dec 2018, 22:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Dive with puma and just kill it.

How well did that strategy work vs old JT/ele with stock mediums?
9 Dec 2018, 23:24 PM

You dived 3 pumas vs ISU :romeoMug:
Most memorable would be Hans on crossing vs soviet on northen side.

If my memory serves right.
9 Dec 2018, 23:47 PM

Yes because scotts 2 hit mediums and have over 1000 health.
10 Dec 2018, 00:38 AM

Just smoke and flank.
10 Dec 2018, 01:20 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yes because scotts 2 hit mediums and have over 1000 health.

The point is, dive and pray to god ain't a good strat. The size of the map is heavily lowered per player in teamgames, and gets worse as the player count increases, which leaves less opportunity for large scale and defendable pushes. I.e. frontal brute force is more plausible the higher the player count goes. Try brute forceing a JT/ele or 2x scotts as OST. Shit does not go well.
10 Dec 2018, 01:26 AM

The point is, dive and pray to god ain't a good strat. The size of the map is heavily lowered per player in teamgames, and gets worse as the player count increases, which leaves less opportunity for large scale and defendable pushes. I.e. frontal brute force is more plausible the higher the player count goes. Try brute forceing a JT/ele or 2x scotts as OST. Shit does not go well.

Yeah point stands but it's still significantly easier to kill at least one scott with a dive than an ele or jagd. Don't get me wrong, I think it's hard to kill well micro'd scotts, but now imagine that with 3x the health and a ton of armor too.
10 Dec 2018, 03:08 AM

400 HP Unit too hard to kill?
Well, it does get Panzer Tactician at Vet 1, but everyone says that is fine so I don't see the problem! "Just attack ground"
10 Dec 2018, 04:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2018, 22:14 PMddd
Oh my god. The fabled op scotts that win you every game. I wonder why nobody at the 2v2 tournament did pick usf, spam scotts, cover them with jacksons and take easiest 5k$ in their lives? Can anyone from the axis biased crowd in this forum explain that to me?

This isn't always about tournaments and pro players, hardly anyone here could play like them.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS