Login

russian armor

Let's talk about the scott

PAGES (7)down
12 Dec 2018, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 10:08 AMEsxile

You're the one turning balance issues into your personal issue to understand the basic of each faction.
If you say something stupid, I'll not blame the balance or the game, but say you said something stupid.

That is incorrect I have made no personal comment.

In this case I've been kind enough to tell you to play more with USF instead and not being so affirmative with your opinion.

No you are not being kind you are actually derailing the current thread which is about the Scott and not me.

Because if your 800 games with USF would have been enough for you to understand the game mechanisms, you'll have see that USF isn't design around having AT capability every time available and thus USF units need to be design with this aspect, especially when they are only available late game.

Now you are assumption that I do not understand the game mechanics is simply false and again you are going personal.

USF can easily have AT assets like bazookas, by the time the enemy has fielded mediums tanks and a USF player has no AT assets, by that time , he is probably playing bad.

This may change with the new patch but at the moment, there is nothing evident that shows the Scott over value a Pz4 that comes a couple of minutes later with the same AI potential once upgraded with in addition strong AT capability.

Comparing a Scott with Pz4 show that you do not understand game mechanics since you are comparing a medium tank and artillery support unit, with a very big difference in their prices price, I might add.

My points remain:
Scott has very good defensive capabilities
If a player find himself in situation where his opponent has medium tanks and he has not AT assets he probably has done something wrong and that has nothing to do with performance of the Scott itself.
12 Dec 2018, 13:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Scott is a mini ranged Brummbar. The unit on AA is STRONG but the barrage is cute.

IF nerfed, not sure how you would do it. Probably the same route of the Brumm, by makign it more dangerous to use in AA mode (range) and maybe improving/changing the barrage.

What if:
-Replace barrage with fused HE barrage/white phosporous. No cd reduction in this case. Give it a semi strong type of barrage (which would put it between the levels of a stronger mortar barrage but weaker to rocket ones) which would disable AA while it's on cd.

I still think the late game indirect fire department of USF should be carried by the Pack Howie.
ddd
12 Dec 2018, 14:07 PM

I still think the late game indirect fire department of USF should be carried by the Pack Howie.

Yeah, and late game indirect fire for okw should be carried by leig. Remove stuka.
12 Dec 2018, 14:27 PM

I would also love that, but apparently my idea of removing auto attack, giving PACK howie 6 or more shells in barrage and adjust cost/pop/aoe as needed is too radical.

PACK howi will never serve as anything else then clumsy mortar with better aoe as long as it can shoot only 3 shells.
12 Dec 2018, 14:34 PM

PakHowi exit the field the moment Stuka/Pzwerfer hit the field. That's probably the only stock unit I would every game retreat and refit if such option existed.
12 Dec 2018, 14:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 14:07 PMddd

Yeah, and late game indirect fire for okw should be carried by leig. Remove stuka.

Reworked Pack Howie. Like firing old vet 2 shells on barrage with more shells.
12 Dec 2018, 14:56 PM

Reworked Pack Howie. Like firing old vet 2 shells on barrage with more shells.

And on Stuart chasis pls.
12 Dec 2018, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 14:34 PMEsxile
PakHowi exit the field the moment Stuka/Pzwerfer hit the field. That's probably the only stock unit I would every game retreat and refit if such option existed.

This is why we need the Scott, to avoid even more Manpower bleed from a 6 man crew weapon, that vets slowly and can get it's veterancy clicked away.
12 Dec 2018, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 08:58 AMVipper

That is simply incorrect.

Do you think the Scott needs to be nerfed? Cause I said it was fine, so I really don't care if you disagree. It's not "simply incorrect", you disagree. Congratulations.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 08:58 AMVipper

Scott have some of the best defensive properties that include:
400 HP
19 size
7 speed
40 Rotate
Defensive smoke
barrage on the move

Some of the best? First of all, why did you list 400 hp? Being a t4 vehicle with 400 health is not a positive, and it needs all the other things you mentioned specifically because its health and armor are so low...

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 10:30 AMVipper

If a player find himself in situation where his opponent has medium tanks and he has not AT assets he probably has done something wrong and that has nothing to do with performance of the Scott itself.

If I need OTHER AT assets to protect a t4 vehicle, that unit is by definition hard to keep alive. Your mistake is assuming I'm saying that there's something wrong with that. Snipers can be hard to keep alive too, and require other units for protection.

12 Dec 2018, 16:51 PM

Do you think the Scott needs to be nerfed? Cause I said it was fine, so I really don't care if you disagree. It's not "simply incorrect", you disagree. Congratulations.

Yes I do.
And you have the right to have different opinion, which I respect and yes we disagree and that is fine.

What is incorrect (imo) is the phrase I have turned Bold in you post:
"They can be hard to keep alive if you don't have any real tanks to keep it protected."

Some of the best? First of all, why did you list 400 hp? Being a t4 vehicle with 400 health is not a positive, and it needs all the other things you mentioned specifically because its health and armor are so low...

Because 400 point mean 3 shot from most tanks and 4 from a puma, the number of shot combined with small size greatly reduce the chance that a scott will be killed before it can escape. Both armor and HP is allot more than 160HP that other T4 units like kayusha and Wefer have.

And yes its the combination of all above the stat above that make it difficult to counter.

12 Dec 2018, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2018, 16:51 PMVipper

Both armor and HP is allot more than 160HP that other T4 units like kayusha and Wefer have.

"The Scott's survivability isn't bad, it's WAAAY better than these two units that die in 1 shot"

What should be nerfed about the Scott? I hope you plan on making it cheaper when you nerf it, or moving it out of major tech.
12 Dec 2018, 19:13 PM

If I need OTHER AT assets to protect a t4 vehicle, that unit is by definition hard to keep alive. Your mistake is assuming I'm saying that there's something wrong with that. Snipers can be hard to keep alive too, and require other units for protection.

By that nonsensical definition, even vehicles like Ostwind and Centaur are hard to keep alive.

No dude, the Scott is insanely easy to keep alive. It's almost impossible to kill because it has a Stuart chassis while having long range, which puts it out of AT fire and makes it impossible to snare. 400hp is significantly more than any mortar halftrack or rocket artillery like stuka/pwerfer/katy. It's super fast, has small target size, and has smoke. I don't understand how you can even warp logic to the point that you can say the Scott is "hard to keep alive".

You can disagree about its accuracy/bleed being too good, or claim its cost and tier justifies its performance, but no sane player could possibly claim that the Scott is hard to keep alive.
12 Dec 2018, 22:45 PM

By that nonsensical definition, even vehicles like Ostwind and Centaur are hard to keep alive.

No dude, the Scott is insanely easy to keep alive. It's almost impossible to kill because it has a Stuart chassis while having long range, which puts it out of AT fire and makes it impossible to snare. 400hp is significantly more than any mortar halftrack or rocket artillery like stuka/pwerfer/katy. It's super fast, has small target size, and has smoke. I don't understand how you can even warp logic to the point that you can say the Scott is "hard to keep alive".

You can disagree about its accuracy/bleed being too good, or claim its cost and tier justifies its performance, but no sane player could possibly claim that the Scott is hard to keep alive.

Dear God. This is my original context of my quote:

Scott is in just the right place IMO. If it's getting changed at all, I would say nerf it and move it to captain (part 2, or whatever we're calling the second tier upgrade).

Having it arrive earlier but with less power as to not punch too hard for it's time would be kinda nice. Sometimes i feel like it's too late to get one even when I could really use it. They can be hard to keep alive if you don't have any real tanks to keep it protected.

All I was saying was that the scott can't defend itself from tanks. That's not a controversial statement. But how about rather than ignoring the entirety of my post before it and blowing up over one sentence, I would love some feedback on the overall idea...
13 Dec 2018, 11:43 AM

two scotts are way better than old brummbar... u can wipe from safe distance..run superfast around the map..smoke...hit and run.. u need so less micro...because this shells even hits running squads...from FAR range
13 Dec 2018, 12:22 PM

two scotts are way better than old brummbar... u can wipe from safe distance..run superfast around the map..smoke...hit and run.. u need so less micro...because this shells even hits running squads...from FAR range

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS