Login

russian armor

Patch now targeted for either December 11th or 12th release

10 Dec 2018, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 17:34 PMnigo

Theres a lack of transparency here. The same guys ( 2-3 who have friendship with Relic internals) will choose the new commanders.

Instead new cool things like British stuff in soviets, we will see Guards + IS2 + FTM ( or something boring like that). Why ? Because the few 1v1 pro or few streamers wanted for their personal propose.

Welcome to the past.

Indeed, where can we provide our input for the commanders?!
10 Dec 2018, 17:55 PM

I am also curious about the level and nature of community involvement with the new designs. I was happy with the way the Revamp Patch was done.
10 Dec 2018, 18:25 PM

Theres a lack of transparency here. The same guys ( 2-3 who have friendship with Relic internals) will choose the new commanders.

Instead new cool things for everyone like British stuff in Soviets, we will see Guards + IS2 + FTM ( or something boring like that). Why ? Because the few 1v1 pro or few streamers wanted for their personal propose.

Welcome to the past.

I agree, for example, I would like to see the shock troops with elite T-34-85 (mesh screens, smoke bombs, sabotage shells) I am not talking about a unrealizable dream - Soviet Paratroopers.
10 Dec 2018, 19:05 PM

I am also curious about the level and nature of community involvement with the new designs. I was happy with the way the Revamp Patch was done.

+1
Me too. The way the mod team responded to community feedback was great. The guys also explained their decisions so we- the community- knew in which direction they wanted to go.
I also understand that the mod team needed to concentrate on the revamp commanders and then on the US tech changes.

With this big steps accomplished we can focus on the new commanders. If the mod team want some rest (well deserved) than so be it. Just tell us how you want to handle the process.

Btw: i dont think its bad to be conservative about new designs. You could have some really nice commanders with existing abilities.

10 Dec 2018, 19:30 PM

Screw that. What the hell is the point then to be excited for new commanders if they are going to just be crafted to fill that streamer/Leet player's playstyle or niche?

Instead new cool things for everyone like British stuff in Soviets...

I would rather have this, or have them add new abilities like paratrooper guards troops for the Soviets and just use guards models with shock troop helmets or something like that.
10 Dec 2018, 20:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Screw that. What the hell is the point then to be excited for new commanders if they are going to just be crafted to fill that streamer/Leet player's playstyle or niche?

I would rather have this, or have them add new abilities like paratrooper guards troops for the Soviets and just use guards models with shock troop helmets or something like that.

Do not take Nigo’s words to heart on this thing. New abilities were already added to a number of the Revamp commanders using what is available.
10 Dec 2018, 20:10 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Guys relax. The rework commander and usa tech base patch is not out yet and you already asking for new content.
Wait and the time will come.

I just can repeat my self from almost 1 year ago. I personal self, even while I worked with relic together, thought that the decemberpatch will be the last big one. And here we go with already alot of patches in 2018.

And don't forget the public aspect, when you think back in the last years and now.
10 Dec 2018, 21:04 PM

It is quite possible to do this: The 1st Separate Guards Brigade of the Miners of the Reserve of the High Command (Guards Brigade of the Miners of the Reserve of the Supreme Command)

The Guards Mine Brigade was formed in September 1942 in the Moscow Military District on the basis of the Order of the NKO of the USSR of August 17, 1942 and was intended "for the mining and destruction of communications and important facilities in the rear of the enemy." The brigade was formed from the 37th Sapper Brigade of the Western Front.

Guards miners got behind the front line usually with parachutes.

On July 3, 1943, the brigade was reorganized into the 1st Guards Assault Engineer Sapper Brigade (aka Shock Troops in the game)
10 Dec 2018, 23:11 PM

im really sad the IL2 Sturmovik is gone. it was good abuse while it lasted OpieOP
11 Dec 2018, 08:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

While I do see your point, I feel like you're implying that the people on the community team are more biased than the average forum user. I would very much doubt that claim.
11 Dec 2018, 08:09 AM

can we have some countdown for a bit more hype ? :banana::banana::banana:
11 Dec 2018, 08:31 AM

Guys relax. The rework commander and usa tech base patch is not out yet and you already asking for new content.
Wait and the time will come.

I just can repeat my self from almost 1 year ago. I personal self, even while I worked with relic together, thought that the decemberpatch will be the last big one. And here we go with already alot of patches in 2018.

And don't forget the public aspect, when you think back in the last years and now.

...and thanks to that playerbase increase, hopefully game should still be developed. #FingerCrossed :D

Anyway, I think people don't ask for a new content, they just want to know how you gonna work with the community and approach in designing the commanders.

It was way easier with revamp becouse you already had theme and basic shape of a commander, for example you knew that defensive commander for ostheer will focus on more static units and abilities. Community role was to give feedbacks and put ideas into your mind.

Here, Balance team have to first come up with the idea of a commander, if it's gonna be soviet airborn, airstrike commander or is it gonna be new defensive commander with bunkers, mines, traps or maybe elite troops concept. So the question is, who is gonna decide what's the main theme of the commanders gonna be, and will the community have any inpact on this?

But again, there isn't need to be hurry with all this. Better do this once and for good. That maybe the last time to add some really cool and unique stuff to the game. :)
11 Dec 2018, 16:41 PM

While I do see your point, I feel like you're implying that the people on the community team are more biased than the average forum user. I would very much doubt that claim.

Will the community have a say in their creation?
11 Dec 2018, 17:10 PM

Safe to assume USF Tech Revamp will be included in the patch then? :D
11 Dec 2018, 17:43 PM

That's what I was told.
11 Dec 2018, 17:48 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

That's what I was told.

Yes it is in. Probably on the 12th
11 Dec 2018, 20:17 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised an offtopic post and 1 follow up.
11 Dec 2018, 21:21 PM
Senior Editor Badge

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2018/07/03/commander-updates

Our second update should be super cool. Each faction in the game will be receiving a brand new commander! In a nutshell, community members will be invited to submit ideas, outlining the theme, units and abilities, and how this commander would improve the faction. We’ll be using these suggestions as inspiration! Again, a community panel will be helping to weigh up the best ideas, test things out, and make necessary changes.

Both of these updates will revolve around units and abilities already in the game (either multi player or single player). However, there’s still plenty of room to get creative. American mortar for the new British doctrine? Possible. Panzer II in the new Wehr doctrine? Could be! Disclaimer - These are the crazy ideas of a Community Manager – pinch of salt.

Again:

Who is this guys? Why they opinion is more important than others? Wheres the community panel with suggestions?

Q: Why they are chosen?

A: Because they are all have friendship with Relic internals.:D

Like I said theres a LACK OF TRANSPARENCY from Relic. Its disgusting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★