Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace: Unwanted Liability

8 Dec 2018, 07:01 AM

Nerfed to the ground and now it would be better not to call it in and get panthers. Drains resources and pioneers took so long to repair it without vet 2. Tiger ace could've been a unique unit but now it's basically a unit you should not use. Would be better to make it a tiger command tank that does not drain resources.
8 Dec 2018, 08:48 AM

Youre not supposed to keep the tiger ace alive, you are supposed to call it in for a massive push that wins you the game.
8 Dec 2018, 09:50 AM

Youre not supposed to keep the tiger ace alive, you are supposed to call it in for a massive push that wins you the game.

And how often does that work lol.

As for on topic, I myself have thought about it for the past couple of days but you beat me to making this thread.

I agree on making it a Command Tiger, similar to the Command Panther for the okw and a direct counterpart to PZIV command tank. What I'd imagine it would be like is a bit of a gimped Tiger that provides nearby German vehicles with a substantial boost in offensive power.

I don't know if that's the best route to go with it but I don't have any other ideas right now.
8 Dec 2018, 10:25 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

8 Dec 2018, 10:26 AM

And how often does that work lol.

It doesnt work, not because the unit is bad necessarily, but because heavy tanks arnt as good anymore for numerous reasons.
8 Dec 2018, 10:28 AM

Tiger Ace is bad to call, the mechanic of resources drain is simply bad.

It can easily be replaced by a Tiger that can gain extra abilities or +3 veterancy bonuses.

My more radical suggestion would be a unit that can be called and be refitted once it hit certain veterancy level, as reference to a know Tiger ace.

Unit can be called as a stug -E once vetted, it can be refitted for a stug -G once vetted it can be refited for a Tiger. Unit can also have CP requirement before refitted.

One can also removed storm troopers from doctrine and bring back "elite" mechanism (not buying XP but either buying higher XP level or lowering XP value )since it has been actually been changed for USF elite armor.
8 Dec 2018, 13:17 PM

penalty is too big

should reduce penalty to play...

penalty time : during he alive -> 8 min

(manpower penalty -25% -> -15%, fuel penalty remains)

after penalty time : only manpower penalty -10%

800/150 -> 700/100, 17cp -> 16cp

give 1 skill (calling arty or mark target)

8 Dec 2018, 13:22 PM

Khm khm...tiger ii instead tiger ace...khm khm...like in opposing fronts.

This is also another often mentioned suggestion, question is, is it going to be a one time call in only, like in Opposing Fronts, without a resource penalty, or the reverse. Where you can call it in more than once, but have a resource penalty.
8 Dec 2018, 15:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is also another often mentioned suggestion, question is, is it going to be a one time call in only, like in Opposing Fronts, without a resource penalty, or the reverse. Where you can call it in more than once, but have a resource penalty.

In OF it was ultimate death mashine, and different conditions. Current Tiger II not so strong to be limited only 1 for the game. It can be just Tiger II from OKW with the same price, but 3 veterancy.
8 Dec 2018, 15:15 PM

Youre not supposed to keep the tiger ace alive
All I needed to hear. Failed design.
8 Dec 2018, 18:46 PM

We really never needed these "Hero" units in this game anyway.
8 Dec 2018, 19:04 PM

Its definitely not good anymore, but it was a dumb gimmicky idea from the very beginning. When Relic removed all the vet-skipping I don't get why this unit wasn't completely re-done.
8 Dec 2018, 19:34 PM

Its definitely not good anymore, but it was a dumb gimmicky idea from the very beginning. When Relic removed all the vet-skipping I don't get why this unit wasn't completely re-done.

But it was!
Remember it had ~2500 hp, 320 dmg, AoE more massive then 'your mom', 50 firing and sight range and was as mobile as KT :romeoHairDay:
8 Dec 2018, 20:13 PM

instead of ugly tiger ace skin make it something like captured T-34 being able for call in, the germans made use of many T-34.

Maybe it could have better accuracy and reload due to better trained german crews historically
8 Dec 2018, 22:18 PM

I am just curious that is Tiger Ace designed to fight solo? It has same sight and main gun range. Besides, the resource income reduction will make players have trouble build units to support it.

Anyway, I don't think this is a playable unit in current game.
8 Dec 2018, 22:27 PM

I am just curious that is Tiger Ace designed to fight solo? It has same sight and main gun range. Besides, the resource income reduction will make players have trouble build units to support it.

Its supposed to be last ditch effort, you call it in when you almost lost and want to make one last counter offensive or when you almost won and need a little edge to seal the game.

If you want Tiger to be regular part of your army, pick normal one instead, TA should always be supposed to be last resort.
8 Dec 2018, 22:41 PM

It use to be used either as a final nail in the coffin or an Oh shit button. Both of which it use to be very effective at. Now it doesn't really do either well at all.
8 Dec 2018, 22:50 PM

instead of ugly tiger ace skin make it something like captured T-34 being able for call in, the germans made use of many T-34.

Maybe it could have better accuracy and reload due to better trained german crews historically

Would be a nice idea. Would also fit good in Osttruppen-Doctrine.
9 Dec 2018, 04:21 AM

TA should've always been just normal tiger with OKW style Panzer Commander ability instead of pintle mount. "Hero" unit gotta be the dumbest Relic idea for CoH2
9 Dec 2018, 05:03 AM

I like the idea of tiger ace, just not the execution.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★