Login

russian armor

USF Tech Changes Mod Changelog

PAGES (17)down
17 Nov 2018, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 20:21 PMLuciano
Yo guys, I have a dope idea, lot of people say that ambulance cost is pretty expensive and you lose it pretty easily to base dives. Okay, the idea is the next one:

Give medics 3 levels of veterancy:

1- level increases squad size to 4 medics (?
2- Faster rate of healing (?
3- UNLOCKS THE SAME ABILITY THAT THE AMBULANCE HAS TO HEAL IN AREA (could be at vet 2 also)

EZ

You didn't mention how they would acquire the veterancy tho.

Since right now it's basically only through combat and from shared veterancy which only units such as the officers for example get.

Getting veterancy from utility actions such as disabling mines or repairing I think was discussed for engineer units but medic veterancy is an entirely different question I think.
17 Nov 2018, 20:32 PM

what if ambulance able to transform into a small structure same HP as bunker and able to pack up to mobile mode ?
17 Nov 2018, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 20:21 PMLuciano
Yo guys, I have a dope idea, lot of people say that ambulance cost is pretty expensive and you lose it pretty easily to base dives. Okay, the idea is the next one:

Give medics 3 levels of veterancy:

1- level increases squad size to 4 medics (?
2- Faster rate of healing (?
3- UNLOCKS THE SAME ABILITY THAT THE AMBULANCE HAS TO HEAL IN AREA (could be at vet 2 also)

EZ

If we had a mechanic of gaining vet by healing, this idea would have been great indeed

Right now, it would be better to skip straight to the area healing

Oh wait, someone already mentioned this
17 Nov 2018, 20:59 PM

u guys are suggesting the ambulance so much utility even though it already has it compared to other factions, its not necessary. Its one of the best and fastest healing, u can either keep it in ur base or use it aggressively in the early game.

Changes look good so far, 1 step at a time is a good move.

And lel, pack howitzer > motor for that one special person
17 Nov 2018, 21:09 PM

what if ambulance able to transform into a small structure same HP as bunker and able to pack up to mobile mode ?

This could be incorporated into it's lockdown as a form of animation yes.

It could then serve as a more durable "structure" as well as having a visual representation because right now you can't tell if it's locked down or not.
17 Nov 2018, 21:15 PM

let say able to establish only within base sector
17 Nov 2018, 21:18 PM

Give that ability to the disembarked medics: they can turn into an AoE healing station in the base sector.

You can then keep the tougher medic squad in your base, and stick an RE in the Ambulance as a very brittle halftrack.
17 Nov 2018, 21:19 PM

let say able to establish only within base sector

You would have to have 2 lockdown abilities then, one only for the base sector and one for everything else.

Maybe if it had a sort of passive ability of healing only in friendly sectors when it's stopped, that is no need to lock it down to heal in other sectors anymore, and the lockdown itself is only for the base sector to provide more durability.
17 Nov 2018, 21:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think removing Pack Howi auto attack to improve the number of shells in the barrage to 6 (with a slight cost decrease) would be an interesting change. It would basically be like a mini LeFH/ML-20 but mobile, or an infantry version of the Priest. This would be both unique and it would decrease overlap between mortar, howi, and scott.
17 Nov 2018, 21:43 PM

It's autofire is really good though, if you can get in close, the barrage is often effective for a few rounds before the enemy repositions, or gets killed by it.
It would only be good vs structures.
17 Nov 2018, 22:13 PM

Medics can share veterancy with other units and by combat, they have pistols lol, veterancy level requirements should be low
17 Nov 2018, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 22:13 PMLuciano
Medics can share veterancy with other units and by combat, they have pistols lol, veterancy level requirements should be low

And they know how to use them!
17 Nov 2018, 23:57 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

And they know how to use them!

:clap:
17 Nov 2018, 23:59 PM

Then the numbers must be WAY too good #USFOP :hansUSA:

Yep usf after 4 years of okw rape finnaly op it must be dream
18 Nov 2018, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 18:43 PMKatitof

Inability to retreat completely invalidate that extra model.

Yes, raw stats in the void are better then mortars, but I'd still have it have actual distinct role instead of "better mortar" with broken legs and worst death loop in game due to 3 operating men.

It's way better than mortars on open grind fest maps like langres. It's one of the few US units that allows you to fight manpower effectively. Changing its role to pure barrage arty is probably a bad idea. Only problem atm that it's insanely expensive esp pop cap wise.

Edit: To properly test the mod it should also include all the other december balance preview changes.
18 Nov 2018, 02:54 AM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/84033/good-usf-tech-mod-match

Been testing with tightrope a few matches, usf timings in early game feel pretty strong, maybe need a little bit of adjustments with the construction times or removing free officer giving it some officer abilities to compensate
18 Nov 2018, 03:04 AM

My biggest worry honestly is that the Stuart probably comes out far too quickly. The price is basically equivalent to putting the Stuart in LT Tier which would probably result in the Stuart coming out about the same time as the Luchs which I don't think is too fair. Otherwise I like most of these changes although I think you should have to build Racks to upgrade both Officers, the 60 muni bar upgrade is probably still too strong on the LT because of how early he comes. Looking forward to USF being reborn though, super irritating to have to choose between MG's or AT Guns so it should be refreshing to see more M20's instead of the M15 nearly every game.
18 Nov 2018, 03:46 AM

18 Nov 2018, 07:35 AM

Changes look very good to me.

Not sure why people complain. These changes don´t really go into the "make every faction the same" direction. They just make USF a better faction by making basic units easier to field. (MG and AT-gun)

First of all, i agree the changes to USF sounds very good. At least its pointing the right way.

Having said that i do agree with vipper too, and it simple to see.
OST techs and then builds.
SU techs building.
OKM techs deploying mobiles Sws on the field
USF has a premade base, techs through free squads
UKF has a premade base and has a half step tech system.

And i have seen many people complainting they want even more mirrored factions, only because they dont fit the factions style. Instead it should be the other way around, people embracing what a faction does best.
With this Ukf and Usf would be even more similar, ending up better for the latter since they get aggressive openings and free squads.
It doesnt bothers me that much, but a bit.

Still +1 to OP, tnx for your effort and will try the mod
18 Nov 2018, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 21:38 PMKasarov
I think removing Pack Howi auto attack to improve the number of shells in the barrage to 6 (with a slight cost decrease) would be an interesting change. It would basically be like a mini LeFH/ML-20 but mobile, or an infantry version of the Priest. This would be both unique and it would decrease overlap between mortar, howi, and scott.

Sounds cool and i think all shells should be avalible at start
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight