Login

russian armor

Why command p4, pathers and OKW officer affect all ally

7 Nov 2018, 11:37 AM

While brits command vehicle do not.
well, I'm not asking brits to be able to do that. It can be really awful in team games
7 Nov 2018, 13:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Obviously I can't state why it is the way it is. However, it's not really an issue. The UKF command vehicle aura is far stronger than any of the other auras. The command panzer IV aura is really strong, but you get something similar to diminishing returns (the aura mainly matters for the one vehicle being focus fired). If the british command aura affected allies too, it would be toned down to keep its power level mostly the same.
7 Nov 2018, 17:03 PM

I dunno, ask the game devs?
7 Nov 2018, 18:29 PM

Obviously I can't state why it is the way it is. However, it's not really an issue. The UKF command vehicle aura is far stronger than any of the other auras. The command panzer IV aura is really strong, but you get something similar to diminishing returns (the aura mainly matters for the one vehicle being focus fired). If the british command aura affected allies too, it would be toned down to keep its power level mostly the same.

Do you know the aura bonus from a vet 4 command panther? I am just curious :D
7 Nov 2018, 19:45 PM

Why is there a brit commander with commandos and a Land mattress in the same doc?
7 Nov 2018, 19:53 PM

I do not know the vet4 of a command panther, but i do know when that happens, on the other side, USF has 3 Jacksons, SU has a wall of su85 and UKF got his first comet :V
Im just kidding, i want to know too

Edit: I think its simply because you want to buff other tanks rather than any unit. Put it this way, if you only buff tanks you can have a good aura, instead if you affect all units, it should be toned down in order to maintain some balance. If you dont believe me, check what happened to Pz4 commander tank aura.
8 Nov 2018, 00:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Vet 0: +20 sight range, +10% speed, +10% ac/de-celeration

Vet 2: +20% accuracy

Vet 3: -20% reload

Vet 4: + 5 Range
8 Nov 2018, 00:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If this actually works.

Aura
* +range, +sight, +speed bonuses removed from infantry-affecting bonus of the aura (Vet5 aura still awards +accuracy/+reload to infantry)
* +sight/+range parts of vehicle-affecting aura no longer affect teammates
* Vet 5 infantry-affecting aura no longer affects teammates
8 Nov 2018, 01:58 AM

The command p4 should not share with allies. Received damage aura is strong enough for one player.
8 Nov 2018, 03:15 AM
Donator 11

I thought we got rid of this a long time ago when the command panther and command pzr stacked in large games.
8 Nov 2018, 05:35 AM

If you dont believe me, check what happened to Pz4 commander tank aura.

Receive damage bouns provided by pz4 commander tank is really strong in team games if guys could stick(in fact the aura is really large) units and push together. In some particular map like Red ball express, Port of Hamburger commander units are really strong.
edit: Maybe decrease its aura can also make sense. All units got bouns in almost the whole sector is really strong, especially in those narrow map.
8 Nov 2018, 09:05 AM

Buff the units and make the aura an active ability, perhaps a vet 1 to make losing the unit a bit more of a loss. This would enable the p4 for example to hit the field a bit earlier. Maybe have all command units earn shares exp too just to make sure even if you do lose it you can regain its power.
8 Nov 2018, 10:23 AM

The PzIV affect is simply overrated. The unit is is an inferior more expensive PzIV and the affect of the aura is half of what some of the allied units get.

The main reason why it creates issues is mobile defense and that is because the commander combines AI and AT no tech calling-in vehicles that should not be available in commander.

Having that said aura units imo should be redesigned:

1) Their aura effects should scale with veterancy.

Reasons: The whole point of veterancy is to improve the role of a unit in its role that applies to aura units also. In addition units that do not improve in their role feel "expandable" since one can easily replace them.

When it comes to sharing XP imo it should only be reserved for support units with low DPS like 251 or the Major (unless it start vetting from his barrage). Then the player has the choice either to risk the unit or keep it with lower bonuses.

2) The aura bonuses should consist of 2 part one that gives low benefits but it is passive and an active one that timed.

Reasons: It allows better balance of bonuses and counter play. The unit provide some benefits for having around but the the impact should timed limited so that the enemy can counter play by soft retreating.

3)These units could provide additional utility via abilities.
8 Nov 2018, 10:29 AM

4) Allied units should not benefit.

Reasons: That's how allies auras work.

the affect of the aura is half of what some of the allied units get.

Non biased translation:

Your whole army and all your allies armies in vincinity, from simple pioneer to JagdTiger with everything in between next to CP4, every singular unit in range gets half the bonus average at best KV series tanks(which you might have maybe 2 at once on field) get.

8 Nov 2018, 10:35 AM

4) Allied units should not benefit.

Reasons: That's how allies auras work.

Non biased translation:

Your whole army and all your allies armies in vincinity, from simple pioneer to JagdTiger with everything in between next to CP4, every singular unit in range gets half the bonus average at best KV series tanks(which you might have maybe 2 at once on field) get.

That is simply incorrect the HQ aura effects the teammates units also.

8 Nov 2018, 10:59 AM

Sorry here vipper but I'm with katitof on this one. A mobile "fuck you center" is not comparable to what a few previously underwhelming tanks nor a static strong point offer. At any rate, FHQ SHOULD not effect allies either. And kvs don't so....

Edit: I meant "not" not "to"
8 Nov 2018, 11:02 AM

Sorry here vipper but I'm with katitof on this one. A mobile "fuck you center" is not comparable to what a few previously underwhelming tanks nor a static strong point offer. At any rate, FHQ SHOULD TO effect allies either. And kvs don't so....

I simply pointed out that Katitof is wrong about allied aura not effecting teammates.

Actually what I have suggested is that all aura including the PzIV should have their passive part toned down, I did not compare the FHQ with C. PzIV...
8 Nov 2018, 14:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2018, 10:23 AMVipper
The PzIV affect is simply overrated. The unit is is an inferior more expensive PzIV and the affect of the aura is half of what some of the allied units get.

You mean PIV or PV ?

Even if you nerf the damage modifier to 0.1% it will remain been useful. Callback to 1% Hp/damage bulletins.
8 Nov 2018, 14:32 PM

You mean PIV or PV ?

Even if you nerf the damage modifier to 0.1% it will remain been useful. Callback to 1% Hp/damage bulletins.

It is useful but it is not broken as some people described it. In 1vs1 2vs2 modes 2 PzIV are simply better than 1 PzIV and C. PzIV. They trade lower price and better gun for 1 extra hit in normal PzIV.

C. PzIV is problematic mostly because it available with Puma for not tech cost.
8 Nov 2018, 14:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2018, 14:32 PMVipper

It is useful but it is not broken as some people described it. In 1vs1 2vs2 modes 2 PzIV are simply better than 1 PzIV and C. PzIV. They trade lower price and better gun for 1 extra hit in normal PzIV.

C. PzIV is problematic mostly because it available with Puma for not tech cost.

Infantry as well.

2v2 there's a breaking point on which you have way bigger armies fighting each other and normal PIV generally doesn't cut it compared to meta Brummbar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★