Login

russian armor

Buff Ostwind

PAGES (11)down
27 Oct 2018, 23:30 PM

This unit Needs some serious love. It cant shoot down planes has low armor and very Little Damage. It shots barely Damage infantry even when they do hit. It is always better to go for panzer 4 instead since it has more AI which is Kind of ridiculous. IMO this unit is the worst unit in the game, and unlike the M10 this unit doesnt get a buff next patch..

I Suggest buffing the Ostwinds AOE or DMG and gving him some ability to actually shoot down planes
27 Oct 2018, 23:42 PM

It should definitely be brought up to par in the anti aircraft department. Units such as the Centaur, OKW Flak HT, and Sov Quad HT really outshine it.

I'm not sure it needs a damage buff, but it could certainly be cheaper for what you get.
28 Oct 2018, 00:39 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Needs a buff in AA definatly. I think the shots scatter a bit too much but nothing to really write home about. I don't think it's worth potentially making it super good given the track record of buffs/nerfs from the team...
28 Oct 2018, 06:44 AM

If the the ostwind get an aa buff others needs to get an aa nerf. Because both axis already have a very large aa umbrella.

The 222 and the pintle mounted mg42,s from p4 p5 brumbar tiger king tiger are all decent at aa.
Those pintles are a no brainer in nearly every case. This is the reason for the ostwind sucking at aa imo.
Also compared to the aa halftracks it has good armour and compared to centaur its fast.
28 Oct 2018, 09:37 AM

Yeah. Always thought it was a bit strange that the pintle-MGs were better at AA than dedicated AA units. Even though AA was made less random in general a few patches ago, if you nerf pintles & buff dedicated AA then you have to actually make a decision to go with an AA unit or not - adds another strategic layer to the game. Every faction has dedicated AA units available already, whereas the number of pintle-MGs you get depends strongly on the faction.

As for the Ostwind in particular, I agree that it's really not in a very useful position at the moment. I would say a small drop in fuel price would make sense.

Edit: For example -5 fuel; as we know from the recent patch we have to be very careful with large, sweeping balance changes at this stage.
28 Oct 2018, 09:41 AM

The whole planes thing should be overhauled.

Imo the best approach would be that planes where harder to shot down but suffer sort of suppression or critical damages when under fire reducing their effectiveness.

The planes and their counter would be better balanced.

Currently AA performance of units is complete mess, some unit like the bofors can't seem to shoot down planes and units like the quad can shoot down planes before the first pass.
28 Oct 2018, 14:26 PM

Ostwinds in WW2 were really rare (even the game says it). Why not make them doctrinal?
*WARING Im about to go wild.
Make it docrinal. Put it in T2, same cost, Or T3 with a cost reduction (make it 60F). Buff its AA. Buff a little its suppression (not its damage). New ability: Gets static, cant target grownd, double range (to shoot planes)
28 Oct 2018, 16:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Ostwinds in WW2 were really rare (even the game says it). Why not make them doctrinal?
Make it docrinal. Put it in T2, same cost, Or T3 with a cost reduction (make it 60F). Buff its AA. Buff a little its suppression (not its damage). New ability: Gets static, cant target grownd, double range (to shoot planes)

king tiger was rare so why isnt it doctrinal. why isnt half of axis roster doctrinal? historical accuracy yeeeee boi
28 Oct 2018, 16:46 PM

king tiger was rare so why isnt it doctrinal. why isnt half of axis roster doctrinal? historical accuracy yeeeee boi

I understand that comment coming from an alliefanboi with that profile pic as something as stupid as it can be. You just shot your own leg kid. Sure why are you still playing if you dont like the game? why do you troll for the sake of it?

If you cant understand the topic stay off or if you want me to put it simple for you here it is.
THIS IS A GAME, IT HAS TO BE FUN, IT CAN HAVE HISTORYCAL DATA, WE ARE DISCUSSING A WAY TO BRING OSTWING SOME USE.

28 Oct 2018, 17:54 PM

The Ostwind is seriously underwhelming. It actually performs even worse now then it did before.
28 Oct 2018, 18:04 PM

Permanently Banned
The problem with the Ostwind is NOT AoE. It's the fact that its long range accuracy was massively nerfed in exchange for having its shells not colliding with terrain. The tradeoff was called a "buff" by Lelic/balance team, but actually the effective performance of the ostwind is about the same as the old ostwind which is why the new ostwind still remains as unpopular as ever. The old ostwind is more reliable when the map is "clean" and devoid of green and yellow cover. However when there is debris and other crap in the way, the new ostwind may be more reliable. But because it's max range accuracy was nerfed, it outright misses the intended target despite the fact that the AoE was buffed. The new Ostwind is ONLY consistently better when it's used at close and midrange which u don't wanna do since the Ostwind is more susceptible to snares at that range let alone any AT weapons due to its paper armor.
28 Oct 2018, 18:06 PM

Rare is still a comparitive statement.

492 KTs were built.

vs.

40 Ostwinds
200 Pumas
100 Pumas with the 50mm

(Of course this is a game, so you can do anything you want. And one must satisfy the Axis playing players who all want to play with the Nazi uber-kit. But in truth, it would have been super rare for any allies to have faced any of these.)
28 Oct 2018, 18:46 PM

This unit Needs some serious love. It cant shoot down planes has low armor and very Little Damage. It shots barely Damage infantry even when they do hit. It is always better to go for panzer 4 instead since it has more AI which is Kind of ridiculous. IMO this unit is the worst unit in the game, and unlike the M10 this unit doesnt get a buff next patch..

I Suggest buffing the Ostwinds AOE or DMG and gving him some ability to actually shoot down planes

it provides basically the same AI ability as centaur

it could do with a AA buff but thats it. It really does not need buffs. Only reason we don't see a lot of them these days is because Ostheer T4 got buffed so hard and a brumbar just demolishes AT guns as well as inf.
28 Oct 2018, 18:48 PM

60 fuel? You're joking right?

Also didn't ostwind have a bulletin where it can cause little supression?
28 Oct 2018, 19:13 PM

60 fuel? You're joking right?

Also didn't ostwind have a bulletin where it can cause little supression?

I was just shooting ideas. Take account I said Ostwind will be doctrinal and wont be AI effective as much
That bulletin is for OKW IIRC.
28 Oct 2018, 20:03 PM

Dare u touch it werhmat already stronk dont need buffs. I think its only thing on wermaht that is not great so u know asymetrical balance maybe
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS