Login

russian armor

Buff Ostwind

PAGES (11)down
1 Nov 2018, 17:05 PM

Increase his ROF a 50%.

That can give him a better overall performance.
2 Nov 2018, 08:04 AM

give it the performanche from a bofors...since it cost tripple the fuel cost from it.
2 Nov 2018, 09:08 AM

give it the performanche from a bofors...since it cost tripple the fuel cost from it.

Sure, the moment it locks P4 from being built and makes it immobile.
2 Nov 2018, 09:21 AM

Sure, the moment it locks P4 from being built and makes it immobile.

Why? thats the price for the tripple fuel needed. We learned from u in the past: expansiver units should be much better. Ostmust not better tahn bofors..only havent it penalty from locking units. It hasent the huge amount of defence abilty from bofors..(indirect fire, brace, high HP) ..only its offense. sound legit.

we learned form u in the past: bofors isnt dangerous. So it should be fully ok on ostwind.

if u cry more..mabye it shoudl get a cost increase...than it should be ok to have the same performanche, ok?
2 Nov 2018, 09:29 AM

Ostwind is not worth it to build at this moment. It really needs to be brought to much closer AI power like Centaur. Centaur at this moment in game rips through infantry while Ostwind will take ages to kill them.

It's unusable and because the game give Ostheer 222's why would you ever build Ostwind for AA?
2 Nov 2018, 09:35 AM

Why? thats the price for the tripple fuel needed. We learned from u in the past: expansiver units should be much better. Ostmust not better tahn bofors..only havent it penalty from locking units. It hasent the huge amount of defence abilty from bofors..(indirect fire, brace, high HP) ..only its offense. sound legit.

we learned form u in the past: bofors isnt dangerous. So it should be fully ok on ostwind.

if u cry more..mabye it shoudl get a cost increase...than it should be ok to have the same performanche, ok?

You do realize it was within context of same archetype units?

Last time I have checked, ostwind was much better then M5 quad in dealing damage and especially taking damage.
And another time I have checked, Bofors was better version of OKW buildable flak, which happens to be also cheaper.

So, quit your mental gymnastics before you pull these last 2 grey cells.

Now that we're done here, got any more of them silly noob statements with arguments pullet straight out of your rear escape hatch?
2 Nov 2018, 09:52 AM

Ostwind needs weapon stats of OKW-base with less suppression. And Bofors need stats of actual Ostwind, its fire-range and pen is way too high. Also Centaure needs less pen too, same as Luchs have.

Beside, I am a fan of the Idea to make it more limited for the buff. E. g. would it be ideal for new German-Infantry. Or i stead if 250+Gren or PnzGren.

Beside i am also for replacing Brummbär with StuG E...

2 Nov 2018, 09:53 AM

You do realize it was within context of same archetype units?

Last time I have checked, ostwind was much better then M5 quad in dealing damage and especially taking damage.
And another time I have checked, Bofors was better version of OKW buildable flak, which happens to be also cheaper.

So, quit your mental gymnastics before you pull these last 2 grey cells.

Now that we're done here, got any more of them silly noob statements with arguments pullet straight out of your rear escape hatch?

Once more: do u wanna tell us ostwind is super ok like it is now??
U are most boy here which never played this game in actually version months ago. Show us a game wghere whe seee: yesss...the ostwind is really good and we all only to dumb to play it.
2 Nov 2018, 09:56 AM

if u cry more...

Simply stop writing with him, he isn't worth it.

Never saw a useful comment of him. He is lucky if he has his imba Penals and T70 raping the game. He is interest in balance.
2 Nov 2018, 09:57 AM

Once more: do u wanna tell us ostwind is super ok like it is now??
U are most boy here which never played this game in actually version months ago. Show us a game wghere whe seee: yesss...the ostwind is really good and we all only to dumb to play it.

I would, but it would be pointless.

Your dumb got more armor then any players skill can penetrate.
You see how Hans plays and what he does with ost and how they do not have any balance problems, yet you are in utter denial of that, how any of my games would have an effect, eh?

Only thing ostwind needs is improved AA capabilities.

And if you actually stopped moving it around furiously and let it shoot when stationary, you know, how literally all other AA vehicles in game have to to be accurate or shoot at all, you'd see different results.
2 Nov 2018, 10:30 AM

Ostwind is mediocre now but it seems to be pretty good with its vet3 ROF buff, so I'd say move that ROF to vet0 and give it something else at vet3.
2 Nov 2018, 10:39 AM

Ostwind is mediocre now but it seems to be pretty good with its vet3 ROF buff, so I'd say move that ROF to vet0 and give it something else at vet3.

That is also a good idea.
4 Nov 2018, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2018, 11:28 AMRMMLz

You can't be serious. Centaur has massive burst damage and wipes units much better than Ostwind

My opinion: AA is fine since axis already have MGs. I'd say increase far accuracy and reduce damage AoE a bit. Also could use a bit of fuel reduction.

The DPS is roughly the same, "burst" damage was nerfed a while back. You'll be lucky if it kills two volk models a salvo now, which is OK because both Ostwind and Centaur are cheap as anything.

why do you want to buff ostwind to old centaur levels? I can see some pretty obvious issues with AA tanks sniping from max range, it would make AT infantry useless.
4 Nov 2018, 12:46 PM

I'd be keen on a more expensive Ostwind and Centaur with the DBP Centaur's anti-infantry power.

It's just not worth the opportunity cost over the P4 at the moment.
4 Nov 2018, 15:07 PM

The problem with the Ostwind is that its worse than a P4 (with pintle mount) in almost every aspect. I did some tests with it, the Ostwind is:

- Less effective against squads in the open.
- Slightly less effective against squads in yellow cover (P4 MG's weaker in this case).
- Far less effective against squads in green cover (all shots hit the green cover and have lower AoE than P4, also no strong MG's for consistent damage).
- About equally as effective against squads in the open while moving.
- More effective at AA (but shit in comparison to a 222).
- Far less effective against light vehicles (tested against T70's).

These proportions don't really change with vet either. Meanwhile, the P4 can also fight against tanks and has higher survivability. The only thing the Ostwind has going for it is the lower cost, but you're shooting yourself in the foot if you get it.

The Centaur, in comparison, is about double as effective (and consistent!) against infantry than a Cromwell, so UKF has a reason to get it. I think the Ostwind just needs its scatter reduced until it becomes as effective at AI as a P4 with pintle mount (which is still slightly worse than a Centaur).
4 Nov 2018, 15:19 PM

The Centaur, in comparison, is about double as effective (and consistent!) against infantry than a Cromwell, so UKF has a reason to get it. I think the Ostwind just needs its scatter reduced until it becomes as effective at AI as a P4 with pintle mount (which is still slightly worse than a Centaur).

Centaur also has the same armor and HP with Cromwell while significantly lower target size. In addition it is superior in killing light tanks/vehicles like like the 222, PzII and even (although not recommended) the Puma due to high fire-rate and enough penetration.

The Cromwell on the other hand has superior speed.
4 Nov 2018, 15:19 PM

They buffed the Pz4 so it could be an all-in tank, so yes we see much less Ostwind and Stugs. Even if you buff the Ostwind to Pz4 level, it wouldn't be interesting to get it and buffing it even more would make infantry play a nightmare vs it at the moment it hit the field.
4 Nov 2018, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2018, 15:19 PMEsxile
They buffed the Pz4 so it could be an all-in tank, so yes we see much less Ostwind and Stugs. Even if you buff the Ostwind to Pz4 level, it wouldn't be interesting to get it and buffing it even more would make infantry play a nightmare vs it at the moment it hit the field.

It already can be a nightmare to play against it.

If you watch the replay, you'll see the cheese of massed Ostwinds. Try doing the same with the USF AA vehicle, which costs something like 30 more manpower but 30 less fuel. The Ostwinds regularly overwhelmed one of my teammate's SU85's, even with some amount of AT gun support and AT infantry.
4 Nov 2018, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2018, 15:19 PMEsxile
Like the Centaur?

The Ostwind is seriously lacking in performance. My buddy used it some days ago to great effect but even at vet 3 it had serious problems wiping squads. Something the Centaur would have done easily. Imo it needs to have better accuracy on the move so it can chase down infantry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZCxlNDBIR8#t=29m02s

The linked part (until 29:40) shows its biggest problem. It can't hit while moving. And even the accuracy while standing leaves room for improvements.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS