Login

russian armor

Rear Echeleons need reworking.

1 Sep 2018, 22:22 PM

At release volley fire actually worked too.

At release volley fire was incredibly broken. On June 23rd when OKW and USF were released and barely 10 days later they put out a patch fixing it. In their own words "Volley Fire was another big issue that we wanted address; the design intention of this ability was to be used as a support ability to give rear echelon combat utility. However what we ended up seeing were rear echelons winning engagement that shouldn’t have won. There was also an exploit with the modifers that were applied when rear echelons equipped with bazookas would fire bazooka shells rapidly."
1 Sep 2018, 23:53 PM

The thing is HOW you get them vet and there DPS doesnt matter when sturms and grens volks pios literally destroy you i am jsut saying they are not so good use for USF

In that case I advice you to compare if pioneers (also a 200 manpower unit) do better vs penals also a 300 manpower unit.
2 Sep 2018, 00:17 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

The thing is HOW you get them vet and there DPS doesnt matter when sturms and grens volks pios literally destroy you i am jsut saying they are not so good use for USF

I believe they call them bazookas
2 Sep 2018, 00:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'll just say that multiple rear echelon starts are better than people seem to be giving it credit for.

Also, all of these ideas have to keep upgunned RE performance in mind too. Make the REs too cheap or cost too little to reinforce, and they become hyper efficient weapon carriers.
2 Sep 2018, 02:01 AM

A timed demolition charge could help them vs bunkers or OKW trucks.
It would be nice if all engineers had that option.

USF's main problem is with units behind cover, in buildings, or mgs. Maybe rear echelon could be given something to help with that. I just use snipers with every other faction.
2 Sep 2018, 06:29 AM

I believe they call them bazookas
I believe its not our solution to the early game problem to USF cuz as you know zooks dont kill infrantry
2 Sep 2018, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 23:53 PMVipper

In that case I advice you to compare if pioneers (also a 200 manpower unit) do better vs penals also a 300 manpower unit.
yes i did but IF pioneers get close they do more damage that rear echelons cuz rear echelons cant even aim at long range
2 Sep 2018, 07:09 AM

I'll just say that multiple rear echelon starts are better than people seem to be giving it credit for.

Also, all of these ideas have to keep upgunned RE performance in mind too. Make the REs too cheap or cost too little to reinforce, and they become hyper efficient weapon carriers.

True, this is why the problem isn't rear echelon but other factions starting units. Although they could be priced back 180mp and keep they 25mp reinforcement cost.
2 Sep 2018, 07:46 AM

No. Nothing else in this game needs reworking. Stat tweeks and bug fixes, that's it. Stop breaking this game and driving away the player base.
2 Sep 2018, 08:40 AM

yes i did but IF pioneers get close they do more damage that rear echelons cuz rear echelons cant even aim at long range

RE echelons have better DPS than pioneers from range 14 and above. They also have better DPS the combat engineers at all ranges. That combat abilities are in line with other units of their class and cost.

Penal simply shred pioneers that try to close in.
2 Sep 2018, 08:53 AM

If you're losing the early game as USF, you are getting outplayed by a better player.

no, the balance forum poster is always right. it must be the game that's broken
2 Sep 2018, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 08:40 AMVipper

RE echelons have better DPS than pioneers from range 14 and above. They also have better DPS the combat engineers at all ranges. That combat abilities are in line with other units of their class and cost.

Penal simply shred pioneers that try to close in.
combat engineers have better DPS from what i have seen from coh2 stats at close range but i see your point anyway at least all i want to see from rear echelon rework is a little voley fire buff maybe a penalty nerf only that nothing else.
2 Sep 2018, 09:27 AM

Also, it would be nice if USF can destroy their Fighting Position and get a full or partial refund; would help Rear Echelon to 'bunny-hop' and get more usage of their rifle grenades.

What about moving some/half of the MP cost of the fighting position over to the MG upgrade? This way the .50 cal bunker costs the same but the fighting position itself can be used more often.

Fighting position: 50-75 MP
.50 cal upgrade : 50-75 MP + 60 MUN
2 Sep 2018, 09:32 AM

combat engineers have better DPS from what i have seen from coh2 stats at close range but i see your point anyway at least all i want to see from rear echelon rework is a little voley fire buff maybe a penalty nerf only that nothing else.

No RE are better than CE in all ranges and actually RE become much better at close range. Check cruzz or firesprak.

Volley fire is problematic because it available from start and has to be balanced with and without weapon upgrade.

Imo the best way to balance the ability would be to become vet 1 that scales with veterancy (penalties reduced bonus increased with each vet level) and/or require a weapon (M1919 or bar).
2 Sep 2018, 10:06 AM

It's common knowledge that despite what the endless data sheet say that Rear echelons need a change. It's similar to the M10 that lost all ingame use when the infantry crush was removed and tech limitations were introduced - stats often say a completely different thing about units than their in-game use. I'd revert their cost back to their release value.
2 Sep 2018, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 09:32 AMVipper

No RE are better than CE in all ranges and actually RE become much better at close range. Check cruzz or firesprak.

Volley fire is problematic because it available from start and has to be balanced with and without weapon upgrade.

Imo the best way to balance the ability would be to become vet 1 that scales with veterancy (penalties reduced bonus increased with each vet level) and/or require a weapon (M1919 or bar).
I think that would be more of a nerf than a buff maybe reinforce cost decrease same with pios
2 Sep 2018, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 08:40 AMVipper

DPS calculation includes accuracy?
2 Sep 2018, 13:26 PM

I hope for all of this that you quoted doesnt involve me...

If you play the game, you do not make personal comments and make suggestions on how to improve the game (and have not seen any evidence to the contrary), then NO it does not involve you.

If volley fire is moved to vet 1 than it can be buffed.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 13:23 PMEsxile

DPS calculation includes accuracy?

Yes of course.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment