Login

russian armor

Rear Echeleons need reworking.

2 Sep 2018, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 13:26 PMVipper

If you play the game and you do not make personal comment (and have not seen any evidence to the contrary) no it does not involve you.

If volley fire is moved to vet 1 than it can be buffed.

Yes of course.
Yes i do have the game and i have one question if it movees to vet 1 do you think the suppression will be buffed from double or even one bar(s) and m1919?
2 Sep 2018, 13:57 PM

Yes i do have the game and i have one question if it movees to vet 1 do you think the suppression will be buffed from double or even one bar(s) and m1919?

Not sure if I understand the question correctly but currently the ability has the following effects (according to the guide):

+40% received accuracy, -50% accuracy, +1% suppression, squad moves extra slowly

After 5 seconds of being active: +1% additional suppression, +3% additional accuracy

After 10 seconds of being active: (if the squad is still alive) +3% additional suppression, +4% additional accuracy, -87.5% cool-down

Since one has to actually hit to apply suppression and BAR/Lmg19191 tend to hit more they add more suppression and thus make the ability better, regardless at what vet the ability becomes available.

My point was that by delaying the ability and moving to vet 1 one could buff it with a lower risk of it becoming problematic.
2 Sep 2018, 14:04 PM

At release volley fire was incredibly broken. On June 23rd when OKW and USF were released and barely 10 days later they put out a patch fixing it. In their own words "Volley Fire was another big issue that we wanted address; the design intention of this ability was to be used as a support ability to give rear echelon combat utility. However what we ended up seeing were rear echelons winning engagement that shouldn’t have won. There was also an exploit with the modifers that were applied when rear echelons equipped with bazookas would fire bazooka shells rapidly."

I never Said it was balanced I said it worked as in it had a job and did it. Currently you do not see volley fire unless a player wants to free up some popcap because the ability is trash. Volley fire is like the demo charge--in game but nerfed so bad that if it was removed entirely it wouldn't see a decline in use.
2 Sep 2018, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 13:57 PMVipper

Not sure if I understand the question correctly but currently the ability has the following effects (according to the guide):

+40% received accuracy, -50% accuracy, +1% suppression, squad moves extra slowly

After 5 seconds of being active: +1% additional suppression, +3% additional accuracy

After 10 seconds of being active: (if the squad is still alive) +3% additional suppression, +4% additional accuracy, -87.5% cool-down

Since one has to actually hit to apply suppression and BAR/Lmg19191 tend to hit more they add more suppression and thus make the ability better, regardless at what vet the ability becomes available.

My point was that by delaying the ability and moving to vet 1 one could buff it with a lower risk of it becoming problematic.
Thats a good idea if we put it at vet 1 and and rear echelon having lower(or even removed even better) risk that could work to i mean
2 Sep 2018, 17:29 PM

Swap out Assault Engineers for Rear Echelons as call-in units.

Make REs 5 man squads that come with a free minesweeper. One could even try giving this version the slot item rifle grenade upgrade that miragefla tinkered with. Or adjust minelaying capabilities around too. Potentially worth allowing them to salvage wrecks, even.

A call-in minesweeper has a very specific utility that can support a player at virtually any stage in the game.

Just offering some ideas that's not making them a rifle squad variant.
2 Sep 2018, 17:54 PM

Swap out Assault Engineers for Rear Echelons as call-in units.

Make REs 5 man squads that come with a free minesweeper. One could even try giving this version the slot item rifle grenade upgrade that miragefla tinkered with. Or adjust minelaying capabilities around too. Potentially worth allowing them to salvage wrecks, even.

A call-in minesweeper has a very specific utility that can support a player at virtually any stage in the game.

Just offering some ideas that's not making them a rifle squad variant.

That'd be a great idea, it'd fix a few things all at once. It'd offer some opening alternatives too instead of Rifles, Rifles, Rifles.
2 Sep 2018, 18:26 PM

The 5 man squad size for a call-in RE makes them suitable candidates for recrewing weapons as well. With salvage they'd very much be equipped to operate effectively away from the front lines.

In this event Rifle company would/should likely drop RE flamethrowers for riflemen field defenses. (I find it crazy that commander doesn't have one of the most crucial riflemen passives.)
2 Sep 2018, 19:00 PM

Assaault enigners as non doc unit sounds intresting. Maybe without flamer as soft flanker unit. After that change usf early game should be in good spot
2 Sep 2018, 19:08 PM

Better idea what about non doc grease gun upgrade for rear echeleons ? 30 muni and 3 grease gun ?
2 Sep 2018, 19:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 13:57 PMVipper

Pretty sure you don't have to hit to apply suppression. The reason why BARs and 1919s suppress much better is because this suppression is per shot (according to my understanding) and these weapons simply fire more bullets.
2 Sep 2018, 19:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pretty sure you don't have to hit to apply suppression. The reason why BARs and 1919s suppress much better is because this suppression is per shot (according to my understanding) and these weapons simply fire more bullets.

Not sure if RE volley fire works differently, but hits are accounted for when you need to suppress other squads besides the target you are firing at. It might also apply to the squad itself as well.
2 Sep 2018, 20:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Not sure if RE volley fire works differently, but hits are accounted for when you need to suppress other squads besides the target you are firing at. It might also apply to the squad itself as well.

That's area suppression. Not sure if this ability gives area suppression though, or if area suppression is even a separate stat.
2 Sep 2018, 21:37 PM

You are probably right (hits might only count for AOE suppression and I didn't remember correctly). One can probably test this with vet 1 RE that have more accuracy and see if it make any difference is suppression speed.

Bottom line is that volley fire is more work better with BARs and LMGs and that make the ability even more difficult to balance.
2 Sep 2018, 21:48 PM

The good old days of double RE rapid fire zook AoE suppression. I kinda miss that, that exploit was fun. Not sure if people recall that from the beta, but it was fixed as good as instantly on release.
3 Sep 2018, 15:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Be grateful that RE even have the suppression ability. They just got mines. They already have unique abilities like tank traps and free nades from fighting positions. Plus RE and sappers are the only 200ish mp units able to double equip and still carry sweepers while EFA can't even get a sweeper after getting a single flamer. Fucking great, aren't they. Don't know how someone can still ask for more.
3 Sep 2018, 16:00 PM

Be grateful that RE even have the suppression ability. They just got mines. They already have unique abilities like tank traps and free nades from fighting positions. Plus RE and sappers are the only 200ish mp units able to double equip and still carry sweepers while EFA can't even get a sweeper after getting a single flamer. Fucking great, aren't they. Don't know how someone can still ask for more.

Damn, if we all were like certain legless reptilian and be completely unaware of how the unit behaves outside of statistics and abilities on paper, RETs would actually look like a good unit.

However we are not.
Do you even remember how fighting position looks like? Most certainly not, much less how RETs rifle nades work from it due to how "popular" it is, especially now that USF got mortar its nothing more then a weak gimmick of the past era.

The unit is:
-not needed to build a base
-not needed to put mines down
-not needed to repair vehicles(obvious reason)

Also, it doesn't matter how well unit can scale, if base unit with base abilities can't perform, then changes are needed.
Suppressive volley was broken op and was hammered to broken up with nothing in between ever.

Currently its still broken up and if you need to invest 120muni just to have a basic ability actually work , that screams underpowered, not matter how you try to put it.
3 Sep 2018, 17:57 PM

Should I really be glad I have the Luxury of paying Munitions to get my men killed faster?
3 Sep 2018, 18:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Should I really be glad I have the Luxury of paying Munitions to get my men killed faster?

Tactical advance has tradeoffs though not as severe. And yes, you should be grateful of having the luxury of getting killed just like the Stug has the luxury of taking forever to aim and load a TWP while getting shot at and getting itself killed. No fixing the RE until the TWP gets fixed. Stug got its ability, base stats and pop cap nerfed while RE remains a good unit even without volley.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★