Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
16 Sep 2018, 09:34 AM

Maybe using the ZIS-truck would solve the confusion and gives it a nice Soviet touch at the same time.

Are vehicle models even replaceable within these kind of structures? Or you're suggesting Zis truck as a field base of sorts? I dont think truck is durable enough compared to Brit forward assembly, it would be too easy to destroy with indirect fire
16 Sep 2018, 09:45 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 09:34 AMKirrik

Are vehicle models even replaceable within these kind of structures? Or you're suggesting Zis truck as a field base of sorts? I dont think truck is durable enough compared to Brit forward assemlby, it would be too easy to destroy with indirect fire

That whole complex was spawned in. It would be pretty simple to swap the WC51 for a ZiS because that FHQ was built from multiple parts.

However, I think people are forgetting something with the small radio post. It would be just as easy to spawn extras around that to make it appear bigger or sturdier.
16 Sep 2018, 09:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 09:08 AMOlekman

Does it? Last time I tested Field Camp (or is it Field Base?), it only provided healing and reinforcement, while the aura bonus was exclusive for the FHQ.

Oh, i though it supposed to be constructable analog for FHQ. Even if not, my review still looks valid.

There are also the wooden house and recon tower that are used as the Soviet and OKW FHQs, however I think that Olekman's suggestion fits the best, the only real problem with it of course is like you mentioned that it's rather small and could be probably easily spammed.

I should check out what else we could use from the ingame files.

I don't like this soviet and Ostheer building, they looks non-uniq and like neutral building on the map. For me, SneakEye's FHQ based on jeep is the best improvisation at all. I really love it!

Maybe using the ZIS-truck would solve the confusion and gives it a nice Soviet touch at the same time.

If it's possible, then this truck will spare soviet skins. But i really like this jeep, it's far better 3D-model compared with historical accuracy makes feel ok with it. :)
16 Sep 2018, 10:10 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

and instead of a one time deploy like the OKW trucks it would be a toggleable "lockdown" ability, to give the WC51 a bit more utility in the late game where using it's short range abilities is entirely out of the question unless you want to lose it

I just managed to create a 'become mobile' ability for this WC51 truck, but also for the sws truck :D
Will probably be published next week.

Maybe this un-setup ability could be used for a mobile OKW commander.

EDIT, preview:
16 Sep 2018, 10:45 AM
Modmaker Badge

So I tried to replicate SneakEye's thing with ZiS truck instead of WC-51. It's pretty barebones, lacking things like medical crates and whatnots. Either way, the truck is just a bit too tall and clips with the camo net.

16 Sep 2018, 11:53 AM

I just managed to create a 'become mobile' ability for this WC51 truck, but also for the sws truck :D

EDIT, preview:

You're my hero dude, I've always wanted that in game but could never really figure out how to do it, probably because I lack your experience.

Good job.

Edit:

Btw is it possible to make it so their HQ can also pack up and move like the British one from CoH?
16 Sep 2018, 11:53 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 10:45 AMOlekman
So I tried to replicate SneakEye's thing with ZiS truck instead of WC-51. It's pretty barebones, lacking things like medical crates and whatnots. Either way, the truck is just a bit too tall and clips with the camo net.

Medkits can be added, it is not the problem i guess. And truck can be flip through 180° to not break off the camonet. But looks very promising i say! ^_^
16 Sep 2018, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 10:45 AMOlekman

Its awesome, make it this as extra tier with bulidable super fresh conscripts just for fun as meatshield
16 Sep 2018, 13:04 PM
Modmaker Badge

Medkits can be added, it is not the problem i guess. And truck can be flip through 180° to not break off the camonet. But looks very promising i say! ^_^

It can be rotated? I've been looking for a way to do that, but couldn't figure it out myself. Mind telling me how? :snfPeter:
16 Sep 2018, 13:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 13:04 PMOlekman

It can be rotated? I've been looking for a way to do that, but couldn't figure it out myself. Mind telling me how? :snfPeter:

Actually, i am really noob in modttools, so i don't know either. :romeoHairDay:
I just think/believe it is possible to code objects to spawn behind the truck, not in front of it.
16 Sep 2018, 13:37 PM
Modmaker Badge

Actually, i am really noob in modttools, so i don't know either. :romeoHairDay:
I just think/believe it is possible to code objects to spawn behind the truck, not in front of it.

See, that's the problem - I offset entities to be behind the truck, but can't rotate them. Not sure if that's an option, because I assume that SneakEye would do that with his WC-51 if it would be possible.
16 Sep 2018, 13:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Is anyone missing the stgs on stormtroopers. It seems like somehow you have to close in point blank with a 4man squad without sprint to get the dps you'd used to get at a comfortable midrange with the stgs. And trying to ambush is much harder due to less effective range, its unlikely that an enemy squad would stumble right into the stormtroopers. They're great at point blank but the other point blank units like commandos and shocks are 5 or 6 men with either RA or body armor. The most worrying thing about these squads is the retreat path and a 4man squad fares the worst chance of getting home. Especially late game when RA doesn't matter as much and things like Shermans are so capable of getting wipes when chasing down squads. Commandos have the vet3 smoke retreat for a reason: to allow them to be reckless, which I think is a questionable ability to give any unit. This unit, overall, just became a lot harder to use. My suggestion is 1) retain stg upgrade as an option or 2) add sprint as an ability or vet passive bonus or 3) remove the RA penalty with tactical advance at vet 2 because that's the only way the mp40s do decent damage at midrange.
16 Sep 2018, 16:09 PM

Actually when I think about it now, every Army has it's own unique non-combatitive vehicle that they can use as a mobile FOB.

The USF have the WC51 that could deploy weapon racks and would be a great help.

The Brits could also use the WC51 but I don't see much point in that seeing as they have the Forward Assembly and Glider HQ.

The Soviets have their ZiS-6 trucks.

The Ostheer have their Opel Blitz trucks.

And the OKW have their sWS-s.

And I think every Army also has voice lines to establish forward HQs in neutral buildings, just make them being able to be captured by the enemy to prevent very durable buildings from becoming fortresses and that's it.

And lol I imagined that the USF had their HQ be able to pack up and move and that whole entire ring just vanishes and thin air and then pops up somewhere else, It would be so funny having something like an entire circus on the move for like 5 secs lmao.
JB.
16 Sep 2018, 16:36 PM

Most of the changes look great guys. Congrats.

With the Defensive Doctrine, would it not be better to bring back Hull Down instead of the Stug E and For The Fatherland instead of Osttruppen? Both suit the commander a lot more. Stug doesn't really fit and if you have Osttruppen then it overshadows the Osttruppen doctrine itself.

Some other changes you could make would be giving sandbags and barbed wire to Grens when you get that fortifications unlock. Its a small ability but would undoubtedly see a lot of use. Maybe even doubles bunker health? (Like the original defensive).

Finally, quickening the rate at which first shells fall for Sector Arty would be nice or just cheapening the ability generally would be great.
16 Sep 2018, 20:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 13:04 PMOlekman

Yes it's possible (not easy though) : https://www.coh2.org/topic/61233/rotating-starting-base-building/page/1#post_id609799
16 Sep 2018, 20:50 PM

Yes it's possible (not easy though) : https://www.coh2.org/topic/61233/rotating-starting-base-building/page/1#post_id609799

Speaking of rotating HQs, is it also possible to have the OKW Command HQ sWS pack up and move?

I guess that it would look weird because of the lack of animations but I'm just wondering if it's do-able, that's all.

I'm feeling really nostalgic of the CoH British HQ trucks after seeing what you did with the other OKW sWS HQs.
16 Sep 2018, 21:22 PM

I have looked at suggested variants for soviet FHQ and here my though about it.

Outward appearance

Current FHQ provide:
- healing
- reinforcing
- attack and defence bonuses for infantry and infantry weapons (Mortars, AT-guns, Artillery)

Also, it should not be extremely big to avoid problems with construction on city or small spaces maps. Of course, to small construction can't have enough durability and can be spammable in huge numbers, it's not right too.

As result, FHQ outlook should reference to this characteristics.

How about combining Candidate 2 and Candidate 3? Just replace truck with small tent and radios.
16 Sep 2018, 21:40 PM

EDIT, preview:

I have always wondered why this was never apart of OKW's tech trucks abilities to begin with.
16 Sep 2018, 22:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2018, 21:22 PMNebaka

How about combining Candidate 2 and Candidate 3? Just replace truck with small tent and radios.

Sounds great! Also to tent need to add medkits and will be good! :)
16 Sep 2018, 22:30 PM

I have always wondered why this was never apart of OKW's tech trucks abilities to begin with.

Probably because OKW trucks were never intended to be repositioned after deployment.
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS